[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poke Restaurant Logo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2026.jpg (389KB, 2049x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2026.jpg
389KB, 2049x1536px
My dad asked me to make a logo for his poke restaurant and I want to make him proud of me. I drew pic related but he says it sucks and I agree with him. Please help
>>
>>301332
hire someone
>>
File: IMG_2713.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2713.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm in class right now drawing shit. Looking for Polynesian symbols for inspiration.
>>
>>301332
I assume his restaurant is selling asian specialties. Does he sell something special? Like a variety of pork? Or does he specialize on fish? Which direction opf food is he cooking? Chinese, Thai, Malay, etc?

Why has the restaurant the name pacific poke?
What is the history of the restaurant? How long did the restaurant exist? Did he inherited from your grandpa?

Go simple, don't so complicated. Really good logos are always simple.
Think about these questions before wildly draw stuff, that has no relations to the restaurant.
>>
>>301344
Poke is a Hawaiian dish that is mostly made from raw cuts of fish.

That's why I've been drawing different versions of Polynesian symbol for fish

It's a brand new concept.

He wants it to be "hip and new". Someplace college kids can go when they are tired of sushi
>>
>>301350
if the company is somewhat important to your family you should really consider hiring a designer, nowadays you can get a good looking logo for as cheap as $50, i recommend this site:
>namepros.com/forums/design-contests.92/
it used to have tons of contest but now is almost dead so any new contest gets way more attention.
>>
File: TKBlog-Hawaiian-Ahi-Poke-12.jpg (415KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
TKBlog-Hawaiian-Ahi-Poke-12.jpg
415KB, 900x600px
>>301350
fuck that looks amazing. I love sushi but I've never had it served like that. Would love to try

No advice, GL op.
>>
>>301350
hmm, ok. let me process that input, maybe I can add some proposals and /gd/ can also assist…
>>
>>301332
Did he ever say "Why he wanted a new logo"?
Typically people hire designers to actually achieve something.
Is he opening this store for the first time? you have a lot more to make then just a logo son

Is he refreshing something else? what was the old imagemark like, where was it placed?

Personally the little fish tell me more about what the store is selling then the whole of the 1st concept combined, i honestly thought this was something japanese at first

don't try to throw in colour yet, try to make your work look well in B&W first, try variations, think about logo systems, etc
Just keep sketching shit out, you might strike gold just by changing things
>>
File: Pacific Poke.png (88KB, 1500x786px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific Poke.png
88KB, 1500x786px
>>301332
>>301338
>>301344
>>301350
>>301380

Okay, I've thought about a little bit and googled for the fish symbol and getting an idea about the poke - I got some inspiration about it.

So, I ditched the idea about a plate with poke, because it's so undescribtive, that I concentrated about the basics fish and Hawaii… stumbled on tattoos and ornamental style of Hawaiian culture. So why not combining these two, it instantly sells two things: the fish and the association of an Hawaiian speciality (Hawaiian culture). I gave it a surfing color style and intentionally tinted the three slabs into pink to still incorporate the poke. The font Bombora is used for the tropical feel of the what you sell.

It's a proposal, but I hope you get some inspiration.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1366x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1366x1024px
>>301392
That looks beautiful. Definitely in the direction I'm going for

>>301353
Thanks bro I'll need it

>>301382
This isn't his first time. Good strategy tips though. I appreciate it very much
>>
>>301335
This.
>>
>>301413
I would help, if you can tell me, if your dad has a current logo and why he'd like to change it.

Remember, the logo sells what service you have to offer. So ask your dad for what he thinks about…
>>
>>301332
>Pacific Poke
The same one in Vancouver?
>>
>>301332
Tell your dad to start making "nori-tacos": http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/02/18/norigami-tacos-combines-sushi-and-tacos-into-one-crunchy-culinary-coupling

They're really hot in LA.
>>
File: IMG_2731.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2731.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>301351
Kinda looks like this logo

https://youtu.be/BEn-bIIDaOQ
>>
File: 4L_0BgDNRRj.jpg (57KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0BgDNRRj.jpg
57KB, 700x490px
>>301332
may I ask for a tutorial to make something like this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.