[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GD laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0135.jpg (12KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0135.jpg
12KB, 259x259px
My computer just commited suicide and need a replacement fast.. would like a laptop so I can be mobile but worried that most of the models I'm looking at don't have the power in need ... starting to lean in the direction of gaming laptops because of this pic related

Have to make this decision relatively fast max budget 1500 ?

Advice greatly appreciated
>>
pic looks like a ASUS GL502 and all I can say is I have one and don't buy one, it's a POS, really disappointed with it and I'm a bit of an Asus fan boy....
>>
Check out /g/

From my personal experience, gaming laptops have poor battery life, overheating issues and too many gimmicks.

There's a reason why people designers use fagbooks.
>>
>>301089
Dude, my 2010 Macbook Pro is still going strong.
You can get some serious mileage out of them.

I'm probably gonna upgrade the RAM to 16 gigs though.
>>
I've got the GL551J. I regularly run Ps, In, Ai, and browser simultaneously with no loss of performance. The included mouse is great. I programmed the extra buttons as CTRL-Z, CTRL, SHIFT, and the mousewheel to ALT (for zooming in/out).

I've only got two real issues after nearly two years of use. The first is that Nvidia will sometimes override my color calibration settings (used a Spyder) but after updating some drivers, that no longer happens. The second is abysmal battery life. Bring your charger, because this thing will run for about a half an hour on max settings before dying on you.
>>
Just FYI the battery WILL die within a year or two.
>>
>>301116
>>301105
That's been a problem of mine in the past and I'd rather not head down that road again ... after doing a bit of looking around im now leaning towards a dell xps 13 or 15 anyone have one of these seem like they have enough juice to handle the job.
>>
Used MacBook Pro 15-Inch Mid-2015
>>
>>301049
Stay away from "Gaming" laptops
You also DONT need a GPU if you're not doing anything heavy (3d, video) gpu accelerated rendering related shit.
and even if you would, get a desktop if you're serious about the business
>>
Get a Fujitsu Lifebook
>>
Gonna get a used Lenovo thinkpad t420 for a new job that does'nt provide me a PC, it's gonna be work on site for just a couple of months then I can work from home, so didnt want to spend big money.

How good would it run cs6 programs?
>>
>>301578
Yeah that will work just fine, but if you're not really sure ask an IT guy who knows more about hardware (specific hardware works different although specs say otherwise)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.