[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you achieve this? I've tried opacity masks and a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

how do you achieve this? I've tried opacity masks and a blurred and non blured shape that are overlapping, but it looks nothing like the picture...
>>
>>301035
do the same thing but add noise and haze
>>
File: test-01.png (837KB, 2500x2480px) Image search: [Google]
test-01.png
837KB, 2500x2480px
>>301036
the problem isnt the grainy effect, i can of course add that later. My problem is achieving the blurred look on the edges without making it look like it does in my current way of doing it (pic related). I'm doing this in Illustrator btw, maybe photoshop is better for this?
>>
>>301035
i'm interested as well it has to be something else like some sort of movement, maybe related to print?
>>
File: Dithering-2x2.jpg (142KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dithering-2x2.jpg
142KB, 960x720px
>>301038
also this does anyone knows how to do it? i'm thinking photoshop threshold but it doesn't feel like the right one, maybe a pixel art software?
>>
>>301037
Ah yes I was thinking about PS, that would be easier.
Very nice job recreating that in AI though
>>
>>301039
threshold PS should do the trick, maybe throw a gradientmap over it first
>>
File: test_2-02.png (1MB, 2500x2480px) Image search: [Google]
test_2-02.png
1MB, 2500x2480px
>>301040
thank you, yeah ps might be better, i'm not that experienced with it though, only illustrator. I've asked a friend of mine and he told me that he thinks its done in cinema like pic related (dont hate, imade this in 2 min)
>>
>>301035
In Photoshop try adding a blur on the object to achieve that kind of hazey blur on the solid part of the object. Then mess with the opacity and other layer settings. Very easy, even if you're not too experienced with Photoshop.
>>
Smudge tool on PS?
>>
>>301078
That results just a mess
>>
there are tons of ways to do this

in ps, convert the layer to smart filter
apply a heavy gaussian blur
then on the gaussian blur layer's mask, use the brush tool on the areas you want to be blurry
>>
>>301035
Tilt and shift blur. You can adjust how much blur do you want and how big the graduating zone should be.
>>
>>301098
This and only this!

>>301092
This seems intuitive but Smart Filter's grayscale masks don't actually control the intensity of the filter, but the ALPHA of the filter.

The most control you can get is using Lens Blur with step+repeat, but obviously that's not very wise in the long run because it's destructive editing by its very nature.
>>
>>301035

To get the noise

Do a plaain ass gradient

Add a new layer and fill with grey.

Add noise, monocromatic
Then just the blending mode of your choice.
>>
>>301123
>but the ALPHA of the filter
ah, that is right!

what if you forget the smart filter, and instead use quick mask mode to generate your selection then apply a blur directly to the shape/layer?

if you keep applying gradient selection in quick mask mode and a subtle blur , you should be able to gradually increase the blur as your selection keeps getting closer to the end of the shape.... maybe that's what you meant by lens blur with step+repeat...I wouldnt be too concerned about destructive editing for this, just keep back up layers and maybe name one of them with some procedure notes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.