[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Why do a lot of people pirate editing software? Isn't it considered stealing, or are most people just don't care?
>>
>>300802
>Why do a lot of people pirate editing software?
Because they're hobbyists/people who don't make a living out of it?
>>
>>300802
did you just woke up from a coma or something?

i think most people nowadays just don't like to pay for digital stuff like music, software, entertainment etc (after all is just copies of 0's and 1's)
back in the day only professionals could afford to pay +800 for a software (each year new version) plus if you look in the history of those companies (adobe, autodesk, microsoft) they're shady as fuck (monopolies literally), the guy that created photoshop leave the company long ago and is really unfair that you cannot own the software you could only pay monthly for it's use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ2Fh3tAD-I
>>
>>300802
what should be considered stealing is taking a piece of software that was once sold for a flat price and then packaging up in a new UI and charge a monthly fee to use
>>
>>300824
So then would computers with the old versions of Photoshop installed onto the computer forever be worth money then?
>>
>>300834
nope, but their software licences are, up until a few years ago you could resell photoshop or any other software licenses to people on the weeb i've seen people selling "used" licenses for $200 to $400 mostly for adobe's or 3d packaging software.
>>
>>300802
It's fine as long as you don't use the software for commercial purposes, that is, earning money from work produced on pirated software.
You might want a full piece of software to avoid watermarks or limitations while learning it, and that's a good thing regardless of how you came about it, the company knows that if you ever choose to make a living off of it you'll buy it anyway.
Also the costs of enacting legal action almost never cover the cost of a lost sale anyway, which is why the focus is more on distribution channels than individuals.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 320x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 320x301px
>>300802
>mfw people call unauthorized sharing """"""""""Piracy""""""""""

It's sharing. Just like if a library buys a book and lets thousands of people read it, the library never stole the book. Don't buy bourgeoisie propoganda.
>>
Na
>>
i've bought every version of photoshop since 5.0... except CC.

subscription service can fuck right off. 95% of features people use day to day have been the same since the 90s.
>>
>>300881
I agree, comrade. soon the revolution will come!
>>
File: goy.png (33KB, 330x380px) Image search: [Google]
goy.png
33KB, 330x380px
>>300881
>>301820
gas yourselves
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.