[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any graphic designers with depression here? How do you find motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 3d suicide.jpg (14KB, 358x398px) Image search: [Google]
3d suicide.jpg
14KB, 358x398px
Any graphic designers with depression here? How do you find motivation and inspiration to do any work?
>>
Whenever I am having a good day w learning capability I force myself to do some work.
>>
>>300734
https://youtu.be/sgy2uQq7c3w?t=4m8s
>>
File: jej.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>300734
Jokes on you,
doing /gd/ keeps my depression away :^)
>>
>>300744
a dude wearing a beanie indoors …fuck no man
>>
File: pausefest2016_13-300x169.jpg (41KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
pausefest2016_13-300x169.jpg
41KB, 300x169px
>>300786
why would it matter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUElZ2kWUDQ
>>
no fap
no sugar
no processed foods
jog
mindfulness meditation
metta bhavana
>>
>>300792
>write goals for the year/month/week/day
>get a sketchbook / pencil /drawing tablet
>read books on design and art
>see what others are doing, get inspired (pinterest/behance)
>experiment, be curious about things
>profit
>>
>>300786
He's self-conscious because he's bald, so he has to mask it somehow in that dark background, otherwise it would stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>300734
Here's what I do. Go to sleep no later than ten. Eat fucking breakfast (I cannot emphasize this enough). Listen to music that keeps you cheery even if it's gay shit no one listens to. Drink lots and lots of water, and procrastinate to energize.
>>
File: 1488441277286.jpg (42KB, 1401x894px) Image search: [Google]
1488441277286.jpg
42KB, 1401x894px
>>300734
I was about to make this thread but I guess I'm not alone. I'm not even an amazing designer with a lot of field bragging rights so I don't know if I'm allowed to feel graphic design depression or fatigue. I'm scared because this is the only thing I can do.
>>
I had a pretty good contracting job in design until I ran my mouth of on Facebook about the election results and "suddenly" work got scarce with the company I worked at.
I've been applying to places like Home Depot and Men's Wearhouse because I haven't had anything better in almost six months.
I was late on my rent for the first time this month and I'm worried about April.

I've never been suicidal before this.
>>
>>300832
>ran my mouth of on Facebook about the election
lol fucking Americans
>>
>>300832
>On Facebook

This is what gets you m8

Though when you don't have any account employers think you're a psycho. Maybe I should just "maintain" a fake account
>>
GD can be inherently depressive due to it's sedentary nature.

Movement is what you need. ... And any designer that understands balanced composition should know how to balance movement and sitting.
>>
>>300832
>I ran my mouth of on Facebook

can not control emotions
>could never control a good design
>>
yes. the sadness is the drive. any art work that is worth something has a bit of you poured into it. manifest that sadness. pour who you are in your work. if anyone feels the same way they will resonate with it.
>>
>>300821
which ten?
>>
I'm a failure and I'm pretty sure 94% of my class have exceeded me (it's been a year since I graduated). Something in me keeps wanting to create, I still try and feel better for it. My friends and parents tell me I'm talented and when I make a thing I feel proud but I soon feel depressed when I get no industry recognition/reflect on my work and compare it to others. I can't bring myself to brag and advertise myself in order to get a good job but I know that's what I need to be able to do. So instead I've settled for an exhausting near minimum wage job outside of the field. I feel embarrassed and worthless, but at the same time talented and judgemental of other peoples work.

Anyone rel8?
>>
>>301269
Yes I can relate, I graduated in 2012 with honors. Get a website up with along with your card and pdf sample and apply. Start modest (but not too modest to the point where you are being exploited with minimum wage) and be glad you aren't making $0. Keep hunting for better opportunities so you can move up but not too frequent so it looks like you are job hopping too much and can't commit to one employer. At least you didn't have your college call you to take some questionnaire where you are put on the spot and answer "uhhh my annual salary is..." It doesn't even matter if most of your graduating class is better, all you need is momentum and never let yourself sink into a hole like me.
>>
>>301271
funny you should mention that because I received that call about a month ago, it was pretty painful to endure. Now I'm getting frequent emails from different job websites in my area, nothing related to gd... Feels bad man. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and make it priority this year to refine my portfolio and get my website looking a-ok/10, it's pretty sad and empty at the minute. I'm currently working with Cargo for my website, do you recommend anything else? Web dev knowledge is abysmal, so I need something I can mod without coding preferably. Momentum comes and goes but I'm still willing to try
>>
>>301273
If you aren't specializing in web design and coding, then it's not a terrible idea to make your behance profile the site you put on your stationery. It's not extremely ideal but at least it's not a tumblr.
>>
>>301252
PM
>>
>>300832
Pro or anti-Trump?
Im guessing pro?
>>
>>301269
I rl8, brother.
Though I'm not in a shitty job, I got a good pay, but I'm doing menial design work for 9 hours, leaving me too tired to do some creative freelancing stuff at home.
I just wish for that creative drive and enthusiasm I had before getting in a 9 to 5.
>>
Music, mostly good music. It makes me cry for hours in bed or work on something. Or cry while I work. Idk.
>>
>>301478
i like ur style
>>
File: 1484350563793.png (192KB, 1108x968px) Image search: [Google]
1484350563793.png
192KB, 1108x968px
>not being /fit/ AND /gd/
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
The trick is to not see design as "fun time".

It's my job. It's not my hobby. It's probably like an engineer or doctor. They don't go into work every day and say "TIME TO ENGINEER SOME STUFF!" They just are good at what they do, it's ingrained inside them, and they make a living doing it.

Get a full-time position. Freelancing is the GATEWAY to depression. The 80-20 rule for dating also goes for freelance. DROP FREELANCE. Make a website, put good projects on it, apply to hundreds of jobs per week. I'll give you a hint: creativehotlist, coroflot, indeed, dribbble.

Fuck all the michael montoro types, or whoever that fat fuck is who makes the "fuck you pay me" """motivational'"" speeches. Empowering false gods.
>>
>>300734
Try a staged attack through your routine. No doubt it leads to juggling of other things. Build your strengths, strengthen your weaknesses and maintain all strength.
>>
File: Capture.png (62KB, 1108x285px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
62KB, 1108x285px
>>301723
>Fuck all the michael monteiro types
And then one week into your new job, you realize that your boss is a Mike Monteiro type of guy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.