[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sort of resolution (ppi) should I be working at for A2 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: a-series-paper-sizes-1.jpg (26KB, 439x599px) Image search: [Google]
a-series-paper-sizes-1.jpg
26KB, 439x599px
What sort of resolution (ppi) should I be working at for A2 and up? I've stuck with 300ppi up to A3, but I suspect it's a bit overkill for larger formats.
>>
>>299783
I am looking for the same answers.
I have to do a A1 poster for a music festival, but making it 300 dpi looks way too heavy for nothing
>>
>>299811
I ended up making it 150dpi, it was way too heavy with 300.
>>
>>299783
print should always be 300dpi, this isn't large enough to print at a lower resolution
>>
>>299815
Bullshit. Large formats are viewed from further back.

OP just make your file 300 dpi up to A2 or thereabouts and then pro it up. If in doubt, print it (or just a section) and look at it from the distance it'll be viewed from.
>>
>>299812
>>299812
go make it 300 again bwoi
>>
300dpi print cmyk
72dpi to social midia rgb
150pdpi to web art rgb
>>
>>299812
>>299865

Are you guys for fucking real?

OP, if it's going to be printed, 300dpi, always, no matter the size. This is basic stuff.
>>
>>299897
>>299815
raster elements of 300 ppi /150 lpi are unnecessary for media designed to be viewed at a distance.

http://sites.tech.uh.edu/digitalmedia/materials/3351/waite032906.pdf
>>
>>299897
300dpi 46sheets right ahahha
>>
>>299976
>>300004
except people use A2 for more than just posters. i printed my portfolio on A2 at 300pi, all 50 pages of it. Theres nothing worse than blurry images in print. It looks cheap and lazy. There's no extra cost for printing at 300dpi and file size isnt really an issue anymore.

If your using indesign and its slow because you have too many high res page, then learn to use the book function.
>>
>>299897
>>300014
Dude, you do realize people print bigger stuff than A2 right? You don't need 300dpi on a billboard that people will be looking at from 10 meters away.
>>
>>300017
Sure if your printing a billboard you print at the resolution the printers offer and follow their guidelines, which may be lower than 300 dpi.

But even up to A0 you can print at 300dpi without any problems unless your using a toaster to edit your files. File size isn't an issue with the low price of digital storage, and printers charge by the page size, not by the resolution.

And lets say you have a big old A0 pasted up on a wall under a bridge in some hipster area. Sure people will look at it from 10 metres and it will look good, but people will also be passing up close to it. You want your work to look at both far and near scales. Otherwise it looks sloppy and cheap.
>>
>>299897
Mate, I freelance for some of the biggest ad agencies in London. We never make large format poster at 300 dpi because there's no need and the files would be untold GB. You're completely ill informed.
>>
The resolution of your file depends on the output resolution of your DEVICE.

Different printers/printing methods have different resolutions, which means your files can have different resolutions.

For example, a newspaper can print at 85 lpi, which means your images can be 170 dpi. Doing them at 300 dpi would be fucking retarded.

So, you should ALWAYS check with the printer what the resolution of the target device is.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.