[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this... Good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 879x904px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 879x904px
Hey guys, I know NOTHING about graphic design, but I'm opening a restaurant soon and wanted to do something stylish with the menu. Well, after trying to do it myself and getting some rather sub-par results, I decided to just hire my nephew to do it for me.

The picture is what he sent me to use for the front of the menu.

Now to me, this looks fucking ridiculous. Like what the hell even.

I would normally just hire someone else, but I already spent the money and he has a masters in graphics design.

So perhaps I just don't get it or something? Looks like kind of a mess to me, but I figured I may as well get a second opinion.

What do you guys think? Keep it or hire someone else?
>>
>>297920
Lol are you fucking serious? Your nephew thought this would be a good idea? For a fucking restaurant? This is some instagram meme shit. You're trying to sell food not post modernism. Hire someone else.
>>
>>297921
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Thank you!
>>
>>297920
>he has a masters in graphics design.
I've just lost all my hope in education
>>
>>297924
Are you serious? Is this post for real?
>>
There's no way this isn't bait
>>
>>297920
keep it. All youre going to do is low ball some mediocre designer whos gonna dl a template and do some very vanilla shit for you that wont get your noticed in 1000 years.
>>
>>297937
Wait really? I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. I mean, now that I think about it, I heare that "memes" are pretty popular among kids these days. So when >>297921 said that this is "instagram meme shit" could that be a good thing in this case?
>>
I don't know if you are serious but if you are, then I'd suggest at least trying to talk a few ideas with the designer, get something a bit more personal to the restaurant and something a lot more readable. Research into memes etc. And how their meanings can change. Wendy's a fast food company recently messed up by using a pepe the frog meme. Something they could have avoided if they were more aware of that scene or if they had invented a meme of their own (which also carries the risk of appearing forced). Basically i think try keep it simple.
>>
>>297981
While >>297937 is correct in that mediocre designers will end up giving you a garbage menu, that menu still looks like absolute garbage. Even as memes go, it's shit.

Plus, what people are failing to mention is that the "target audience" of meme stuff, HATES when adults use memes in business contexts.

Seriously, don't go with this design. >>297988 makes the point best.
>>
File: 1401482522077.jpg (584KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1401482522077.jpg
584KB, 3840x2160px
>old faggot gets the shit rekt out of him by own nephew
>doesn't even notice he's the butt of the joke

I needed this thread
>>
File: tumblr_oaajeeBE921tb18n1o1_400.jpg (17KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaajeeBE921tb18n1o1_400.jpg
17KB, 398x370px
>>298125
the best part is anons ITT trying to critique the pros and cons of the "design" and wether or not it fits the target audience
>>
>>297981
>I heare that "memes" are pretty popular among kids these days

B8, abandon thread
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.