[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /gd/ i"m gonna need a cheap lightweight laptop for VERY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0662_zpsd5bba581.jpg (56KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0662_zpsd5bba581.jpg
56KB, 1024x682px
sup /gd/ i"m gonna need a cheap lightweight laptop for VERY lightweight illustrator/photoshop ( just opening the .ai and .psd )
should i get the stream 11 x360?
anyone have an experience running adobe on low end hardware?
also the screen doesn't matter because will be hooked to an external screen
>>
>>297087

What does Adobe say the hardware specs are? I'd try and find a copy of an older version. Illustrator and Pshop have done the basic stuff for years and years on end. If you don't need fluff features, get an older version. And a 3" thick "bible" from Amazon on each program if you want. They're next to free for older versions. And you OWN the license to older versions, none of the "cloud subscription" nonsense.
>>
>>297087

I ran After Effects on a cheapo core i3 laptop without much trouble (doing simple on-the-go stuff).. all in all I think you'll be fine.
>>
Ask >>>/g/

It seems like it's a bit underpowered for the current versions of Illustrator and Photoshop, but it depends on what version of the software you want to run.
A good idea could be going to a store and try and use a portable version of Photoshop and Illustrator on a USB, it wouldn't be exactly the same as installing it on the hard drive, but it could give you a rough estimate of the performance.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html
>>
>>297115
>portable version of Photoshop and Illustrator on a USB

Forgot to say, if you do try this, use a USB 3.0 drive.
>>
On my thinkpad x230 I run extremely fine Photoshop and Illustrator CS6. It has some troubles only when editing 1080p@60 videos on DaVinci Resolve or large scenes in c4d, but i think for you would be a great option.
>>
Ive used the low-end Surface 3 TO edit in photoshop. it real sloe when you use the hefty tools, but in my experience ok. Ive used illustrator too and it ran suprisingly smooth. So a cheap I3 machine should be okay for your use.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.