[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have two scans of a commission too big for my a4 scanner,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I have two scans of a commission too big for my a4 scanner,

Two images both containing most of the same material, one has a bit more of the top the other a bit more of the bottom,

What can i google to find out how to meld the two, or sew the top on?
>>
what do i even google, its not blending but kind of sewing part of an image to another seamlessly
>>
>>296967

It's called "use a camera". It makes a thing called a "photograph".
>>
>>296969
so I can take pictures from a camera of an illustration that will be good enough quality to digitally spruce up?
>>
>>296971

Err - yeah. How do you think art galleries show digitals? You don't scan a Mondrian.
>>
kinkos or UPS dawg
>>
>>296967
You can:
Scan the areas of the picture that your scanner covers, moving the picture so that several scans will capture the whole picture. Then use Photoshop to stitch it together using Image > Canvas Size to create the size you need, and import the scans into layers and photo-composite them into one layer. Here's the technique used:
http://www.shutterbug.com/content/digital-darkroombrhow-scan-large-pictures#aVd3JgHzBvo7Hr1m.97

Or you can call local printers and ask if they have scanners that will take the size of picture you have.

>>296971
>so I can take pictures from a camera of an illustration that will be good enough quality to digitally spruce up?
>>>296979?
Err - yeah. How do you think art galleries show digitals? You don't scan a Mondrian.

If he has an 8 mega-pixel DSLR, a macro-lens and tripod sure. If he doesn't then it's Photoshop that bitch or have it scanned elsewhere.
>>
>>297039

8mpx is enough? I haven't been too happy with my 23mpx.
>>
Photoshop>File>Automate>photomerge

I do this all the time when I want something scanned in that's too big.
>>
>>296967

Find some litho prep shop with a copystand and you're in business.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.