[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of monitor do you use for design work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Samsung PX2370 50 Hz LED 23''.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung PX2370 50 Hz LED 23''.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
Do you use the same one for entertainment/gaming/shitposting? Do you use multiple monitors at once? IPS panel? TN panel? Does it matter to you? Would you recommend the monitor to another anon?

For the longest time I've used my monitor without any color calibration and only changed the colors/saturation/brightness based on what I thought looked good at the time and some days I'd just change them for shits and giggles. Then I finally see my work on another monitor or on someone's phone and it looks terrible, but if I have the files with me it's as easy as just shifting some hues/saturation/brightness in each layer because most of my projects are manageable and small. But what if I have to do big projects with silly amounts of layers?

When is it a good time to seriously consider color calibration or monitor quality?
>>
>>295563
you'll want to get a 4k 100% adobe RGB monitor now. 1080p TN are old, but also are a good reference. Everyone is going to be using 4k-8k with HD color in the future.
>>
If you could only pick from one of these monitors, which one would you choose?

1) Dell Ultrasharp 24" InfinityEdge Monitor U2417H (IPS panel @ 60 Hz)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=210-AHGF

2) ASUS MG248Q 24" LED Gaming Monitor (TN panel @ 144 Hz)
https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MG248Q/
>>
>>295931
>Dell U2417H
Is better for /gd/ you'll get better color accuracy.

>ASUS MG248Q
Is better for /v/ you'll get better response times.
>>
>>295931
>Dell U2417H

I wouldn't recommend the Dell U2417H If you intend to do both gaming and graphic design on it.
Try to find an IPS display with 5ms, 4ms or lower response time.
>>
I want to get a new laptop so I can take projects on the go, are there any laptops in particular that have good colour range in their monitors? A lot of that information is missing from tech specs but I wouldn't wanna drop a load of money on something with good specs but awful colour range
>>
>>295991
Apple's MacBook Pro is always a safe bet, the only problem it has in my opinion is that it's glossy.
For Windows ask /g/ and mention it's for design.
>>
>>295931
>>295941
I have U2417H and I don't see any problems in gaming. I think it's perfectly fine, unless you are a professional or something.
>>
>>296020
That Dell has 8ms response time which is quite high for gaming, the lower response times you can get the better it will be.

https://youtu.be/ER1YV42iqrE
>>
>>296026
That's autism desu. Stop being obsessed with specs kids. I still game without any problems, even when it comes to online FPS multiplayers, I'm doing great.

But this is a design board after all, not muh gaming board, isn't it?

So I'd say that monitor is really good overall, but honestly, I'm not sure if it is really worth the price anymore, because you can get some other Dell models for cheaper, and they are not much worse. But I'm not dissapointed, it looks beatiful.
>>
>>296154
>I still game without any problems

Maybe, but have you ever tried something better?
A lot of gamers sacrifice better color accuracy and brightness of a IPS display for a TN just because of the response times, they can't all be wrong.
And after trying both i think it's better to have lower response times, and this is the best response times you can get with IPS >>295941
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.