[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gd bros, what do you think of my resume? Is the text too small?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Gd bros, what do you think of my resume?
Is the text too small? Is it too wordy? I don't have a lot of junk to bulk it out with (xp etc.)

Any other skills recommended? Currently attempting to learn how 2 animate and design for web.
>>
since youre putting graphic design on the resume, youve gotta show it. add a simple graphic of some sort even if you just add a typographical element to your name. plus it is a bit wordy and small - an employer wants a resume that they can scan over
>>
File: 1483919672614.jpg (684KB, 1409x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1483919672614.jpg
684KB, 1409x1800px
fantastic plan, great use of type
actual execution poor. little attention to detail or to how a resume will be read. lots of I's at the start of your sentences. uninteresting with too much waffle
>>
>>295301
Any other anons want to post some resumes? I need inspiration
>>
>>295301
I don't like what's going on with the left column. If you could somehow make it so skills aligned with experience it'd look a lot less messy.
>>
>>295956
Guessing you are OP, learn to steal and get inspired from other designers. A simple search will do the trick.
>>
>>295316
>since youre putting graphic design on the resume, youve gotta show it. add a simple graphic of some sort even if you just add a typographical element to your name.
don't do this
>>
>can work with indesign
>doesn't properly format text

Sorry m8 but this would get binned
>>
>>295970
I'm not OP, but I'd rather something a bit more candid as opposed to "20 beautifully designed resumes by """graphic designers""""
>>
>>295301
>Graphic Designer & Illustrator
>can't even design his own resume
>>
Why the hell is it so difficult for people to design a decent looking resume?
>>
>>296086
>>296110
you pros got resume's to share?
>>
File: resume.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
resume.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>295956
>>
>>296132
not an argument
>>
>>296136
You have a few typos in the objectives section alone.
>>
>>295337
Tip from a designer who oversees other creatives and has hired others:

Keep everything focused on your accomplishments, and keep them short sentences.

Rather than writing a paragraph on what you did, list out what your major accomplishments are there. What makes you stand out? It also helps to adjust them based on the job you're applying for so they see accomplishments that are actually relevant to the position and how you'll be a valuable asset to the company. In a big way you are marketing yourself with your resume. Trying to catch and maintain their attention while clearly listing out your major selling points.
>>
>>296136
>personal logo in your resume
straight in the trash
>>
>>296136

Perhaps Bugdet-concious, but lacking attention to detail.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.