[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Effects thread? What are some essential plugins you all use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1-4.jpg (227KB, 560x395px) Image search: [Google]
1-4.jpg
227KB, 560x395px
After Effects thread?
What are some essential plugins you all use
>>
>>294546
ease and wizz
>>
>the rubber hose meme will never end
>>
anything by wunkolo
>>
Essential
>VideoCopilot's Element + Optical Flares + Elementary (non VC script)
>Red Giant's Colorista IV + Looks + Cosmo II + Instant 4k
>Trapcode's Particular + Form
>Twixtor
>Plexus
>DUIK

Non-essential but cool nontheless
>Twitch
>Trapcode Mir
>Ae Pixel Sorter

>>294603
How's business going Wunkolo?
>>
>>294611
Most of his shit is free yo. I just asked him on twitter and got pixsort for free.
>>
>>294611
Why use twixtor when after effects has that shit built in?
>>
>>294633
Didn't meant to sound rude, I remember the thread were he was developing the pixsort and he was super chill.

>>294634
Twixtor has better interpolation than a simple time remap, specially if your footage has high fps.
>>
>>294636
after effects has motion interpolation built into it you dingus
>>
>>294611
nice, you've just made my day
>>
>>294611
Red Giants universe suit is amazing too. I use the VHS effect nearly every day.
>>
>>294546
duik and sabre are free and fantastic
>>
>>294641
not him but twixtor is completely different
much smoother
>>
File: chrome_2017-01-02_13-54-41.png (8KB, 75x73px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-01-02_13-54-41.png
8KB, 75x73px
>>294662
are you thinking of the same thing.

The motion/frame interpolation that after effects has. The one that does per-pixel in-between frame generation.

It's the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOSWO3pBvZo
>>
>>294664
Oh shit
I was thinking of something else my bad
>>
>>294665
Just don't waste money on Twixtor. Not even worth the pirate.

I don't like how people use Twixtor as the term for synthetic slow motion the same way how people say "xerox" for printings.
>>
File: 2017-01-02_14-50-33.gif (2MB, 818x426px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-02_14-50-33.gif
2MB, 818x426px
>>294611
>Ae Pixel Sorter
>not PixSort

It's been good. Been finally breaking even with the amount of work I put into my plugins. I finally don't have to worry about money for food, and that was just from 1 plugin. I released another one here the other day https://wunkolo.itch.io/pixdither

Might give out a few more freebies.

I'm working on a custom palette loader for PixDither so users can input their own palettes rather than use the prefab ones provided. Going to have it load in ASE(adobe swatch exchange) file since that seems to be popular among adobe software.

Any plugin ideas you guys have?

I'm gonna release this alpha-stippling plugin I've been using for my pixel art for free sometime since its near its "feature-cap".
>>
>>294672
Hey man just a shout out for pixsort I use that a lot too.

Yeah I got an idea for a plugin.

Basically the noise features of C4D in after effects. I often get a plane and render out some animated textures to use.
>>
>>294674
Never used c4d. Care to explain a bit? Been meaning to study coherent noise beyond perlin and cellular and such.
>>
>>294672
>I finally don't have to worry about money for food
Glad you are doing good

>Ae Pixel Sorter
>not PixSort
Ae pixel sorter is just easier to pirate, never tried yours but I do remember your thread and it had more stuff to play with. I assumed OP was asking "which plugins should I pirate?" but maybe that's because I'm a 3rd-world-fag conditioned to think like that.

>Any plugin ideas
A video de-noiser that works and doesn't kill Ae
>RedGiant, I'm looking at you
Also an audio de-noiser that's actually useful.
I hate having to export audio clips, loading them in Audacity, analysing noise spectrum and substracting it from the audio wave, then export it back to Ae.

>>294664
>It's the same
preeeety sure that twixtor gets a smoother result but I might be wrong.
I don't have time today but I'll make the side by side test and post results.
>>
>>294678
its just so easy to use. you can layer them all up and blend between them easy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znpmemqu0DM&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Akira
>>
>>294683
It's pretty much the same. Just like that video showed. Dont bother with twixtor
>>
Dataglitch
>>
>>294546
If you have After Effects CC I recommend the character animator addon through the creative cloud. The programm itself is shit, but it has this amazing feature that syncs a characters mouth animation to any audio layer.
So instead of spending 5 hours doing lip-synching by hand its now a 2 click-process.
>>
File: smba.gif (122KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
smba.gif
122KB, 960x720px
>>294672
>Any plugin ideas you guys have?
NTSC crawling artifacts
https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8209&start=60
>>
>>294855
This looks like the already available "wave warp" effect
>>
>>294857
you're right i guess
just did a quick test where i isolated R/G/B and added them together, each with their own wave warp phases and it's kinda the same
>>
>>294683
dude, can you please tell me where I can get ae pixel sorter 4 free?
>>
>>294883
im gonna change ur life but you cant tell anyone.

cgpeers
>>
>>294899
Is that a torrent site?
>>
>>294945
forum and torrent
>>
>>294546
Fractal, turbulent noise and displace I use frequently in projects. They really are the go-to standard plugins for quick atmospherics. .
>>
>>294899
thanks for the reply man, I do have an peers ac but the pixel sorter there is for windows only. Need that shit for my stupid mac. I already downloaded it from a couple of other sites but none actually work so far
>>
>>294969
just buy it then :-)
>>
>>294969
Just ask politely for a free copy of pixsort.
>>
anything trapcode really, easy to learn and make cool shit
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.