[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

background color recommendation ( ? )

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: hercules_3301.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hercules_3301.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Which color would go best as a background color for pic related ?

I know it's actually simple and I would just need to "look at the fucking color circle", but I can't figure it out.
Blue looks like trash, as well as purple but I can't leave it white either.

Any recommendations ?
Thank you very much in advance !
>>
>>294523
What if you made a black circle and changed the black there to white or transparent? Just throwing ideas out there
>>
File: 1483301757765 copy.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483301757765 copy.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>>
a very light / baby blue, i know you said you tried blue but you didn't say what shade.
>>
File: green.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
green.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
>>
>>294525
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. Maybe you could explain further or make a little sketch to help me understand your idea.

>>294526
The brown looks interesting, but I think it's to dark to work good with black.
What's your opinion ?

>>294530
The green looks nice, thanks for the idea.
It works relatively good with the rather dark yellow. It reminds of an exotic island or something.
Works out nicely, since the "logo" ( quotation marks because it's unfinished -> still need to work with typography ) depicts a exotic animal / beetle.

Thanks to everyone who shared ideas !
>>
try out a grey tone
>>
File: 316488518htXscJ_fs.jpg (446KB, 727x894px) Image search: [Google]
316488518htXscJ_fs.jpg
446KB, 727x894px
>>294523

The guy who wouldn't listen to critique/recommendations for this banal mark is now back to waste more of our time.
>>
>>294560

I don't really get what you want to accomplish with that, but ok.

No one is wasting your time, you don't have to reply.
It's up to you to help or not, if you really had something better to do you wouldn't had replied.

PS: the only critique that I got was that the yellow was ugly and I obviously changed that.
>>
File: color_rec_41.jpg (167KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
color_rec_41.jpg
167KB, 2000x2000px
>>294560
If you don't have to say anything interesting, helpful or in any way related to the topic, please do everyone a favor and keep your mouth shut. Thank you.

>>294523
I would recommend to LOOK AT THE COLOR CIRCLE (again), but try to figure out new color relationships like pic related (triangular color relationship).
You can also try out other forms, just use google.

I would also recommend to not respond at all to faggots like >>294560
>don't feed the trolls!
>>
>>294560
i really dont see anything wrong with the logo
>>
>>294523
try a black background with a white outline around the black parts. I reckon that'd look pre good
>>
>>294621

You mean like pic related ?
Yes, it got something, but I am unsure if this concept will limit the usage of the logo or not.
>>
File: blackbg+whiteol_3301.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
blackbg+whiteol_3301.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
>>294626

Sorry, somehow it didn't upload the image.
Now here it is ( pic related ).
>>
>>294627
I don't know if you could possibly move the yellow part a bit to the right. So that there room between it and the white line
>>
>>294560
>our time
>implying he has "friends" on here
>who would back him up

my god, fuck of
>>
File: bugs.jpg (162KB, 1946x1946px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
162KB, 1946x1946px
OP,

your mark is strong, I have a few things

If this is a logo, smooth out some of the edges, this is easy in illustrator by using the direct selection tool, selecting an anchor point and dragging the little circle that smooth out the point, i did that with your logo in my examples.

Pure white on pure black never looks quite right. The contrast is too heavy. try 10% white on 90% black, and you'll see the image soften and be generally easier to look at. (this is why books have text this is very dark gray on slightly gray paper)

Also, if it's a logo, avoid black in general, I used some earthy colors to bring out the bug-ness.
>>
>>294657

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback.
I will definitely smooth out the edges, since that's also something that bothered me long time, but I instead focused on the background. But nonetheless, I think I can't smooth it to much, since I would lose ( the needed ) symmetrically of the legs.
I think I will try the earthy colors out, they look really nice indeed, very harmonic.

I will update with a image, maybe you got the time to respond again.
>>
>>294657
Could you maybe give me a .png file (no background / transparent) of the smoothed out logo in the highest resolution possible, please?

I don't have Adobe Illustrater, I only have crappy free ware. I tried everything but I can't get the edges smooth...
Could you please help me out ?
>>
>>294657
I vote bottom left but change the black of the beetle's head to navy
>>
>>294657
I vote bottom left too
>>294749
I would have helped, Sadly Idont hav illustrator either..
>>
When in doubt, use khaki.
>>
File: bug-trans.png (86KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
bug-trans.png
86KB, 3000x3000px
>>294749
>>
>>294780
Thank you very much! But is there a even higher res possible?
>>
File: bug-trans-bigger.png (85KB, 3001x3001px) Image search: [Google]
bug-trans-bigger.png
85KB, 3001x3001px
>>294782
>>
>>294784
lol you got me there, I really had to laugh
I meant significant bigger btw
>>
>>294784
If you could do that would be really awesome!
>>
>>294787
3000 should be high enough for printing on anything, what do you need a huge version for?
>>
>>294788
just in case, better be prepared and not needing it than needing and don't having it, right?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.