[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Album cover help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: InternetJazzHell.jpg (7MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
InternetJazzHell.jpg
7MB, 4000x4000px
I'm going to be releasing an album soon and I could use a little help with ideas for the cover. I was planning on using a cropped version of this image I made, but I'm starting to think that it may need something else added too it. Any suggestions? Artist name is AA BonZaii and album title is Internet Jazz Hell.
>>
>>293549
That as a cover wouldn't make me want to listed to your album.
>>
>>293583
that's true
>>
File: 2016-12-15_09.21.22.jpg (2MB, 1509x1509px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-15_09.21.22.jpg
2MB, 1509x1509px
What genre/style is your music? The point of cover art is that it's a visual representation of what your music sounds like, and when i look at your art I imagine some Flying Lotus type music but if he didn't know how chords, scales, or time signatures work. Not very appealing at all.
>>
>>294210
Here is the album if you want to listen.
>>
>>294211
https://internetjazzhell.bandcamp.com/album/internet-jazz-hell-unmastered
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (8KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
8KB, 384x384px
>>294212
Not bad. Well considering I was able to pick out the FlyLo influences just by looking at it suggests you're doing something right with the design, i just can't put my finger on what it is. I can say what I don't like: I think your design is way too cluttered, with a gross colour scheme and no real focal point. I would suggest you stick with leaves/plants but add more negative space to make it feel less busy. Pic related is too minimal for your music imo but if you were to somehow find a good middle ground I think that would be ideal.
>>
File: IMG_20161229_233350.jpg (1MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161229_233350.jpg
1MB, 4000x4000px
>>294230
Same anon. I'm on my phone so can't do too much but whipped this up as an example of how negative space can be used to balance it out a bit.
>>
>>294230
>>294234
Thanks! I'll try to come up with some stuff tomorrow.
>>
File: Internet Jazz Hell copy.jpg (6MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Jazz Hell copy.jpg
6MB, 5000x5000px
Any better font suggestions?
>>
>>294445
No offense but I would pay someone to make something for you. Unless you plan on ONLY releasing online. Meaning you wouldn't need a back or insert or anything. If that's the case, I would just find an old printed photo that strikes you, or borrow someone's poloroid and take photos of mundane thing. Scan that in and crop it in interesting ways.

If I'm not going to find your album while flipping through stacks at the record store I wouldn't worry too much about putting your name on the image.
>>
>>294479
Or find interesting ways to put the bands name and title in the photo.

I once saw a show flyer that was a nasty kitchen trash can with the details of the show written on the can and trash around it. Sounds cliche but it turned out suuuper sweet

Be creative! Spend more than 30 min on this. True, album covers don't have to take a long time to make but at the very least have something like 5-10 images to choose from.
>>
File: AA BonZaii.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
AA BonZaii.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
What about this?
>>
File: 1483381034288.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1483381034288.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>294445
>those colors
>that font
I think you should stick to making music. Those colors are awful. If you want to make something Yung Lean inspired then make the whole think pink and blue. But I don't even like the whole pine needles thing. Unless you are trying to be ironic, I think you should try figuring out something completely different.

>>294643
This is better, but does not look interesting at all.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.