[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Allright /gd/ how is this logo for an energy conservation startup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 01.jpg (70KB, 773x1067px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
70KB, 773x1067px
Allright /gd/ how is this logo for an energy conservation startup?

They measure your consumption in real time and show you how much is costing you in your phone, pc, etc, most of this in residential sector
>>
the typeface makes me want to puke. Other than that you just put two clipart icons together and added a shitty bevel....yea, not too great
>>
>>293381
mm funny you say all that, i always thought it looked "ok".
>>
>>293379
This looks like a non-profit logo to me.
Brainstorm some other symbols that might represent the company better. If they have marketing materials, skim those and try again without hands lol.
>>
It looks... really bad. Get an actual logo designer to make the damn logo.
>>
>>293379
Them strokes tho lol
Bad spacing errywhere
Not even gonna mention the type
>>
I like the idea of hands holding electricity as an allegory to conservation, but it looks strange, too many differences in line eights in terms of the negative space and the bevels look god awful
>>
>>293379
i don't like the name it's pretty bland
>>
>>293383
You've always been wrong, apparently.

The guy you are responding to is correct, sorry that he didn't sugar coat it.
>>
>>293383
>>293383
1. The one thing /gd/ has going for it is that crits here tend to be brutal, even mean-spirited at most times. That makes you better by teaching you to divorce your feelings of attachment from your designs, thus enabling you to objectively evaluate your own work.

2. The negative space in your work is equally important to the positive space. I don't mean that you should maybe make sure to give it some consideration when designing, I mean a perfect 50% to 50% ratio of importance. You've been very haphazard with the cuts in this mark, and the negative space is completely without balance. The gaps between the positive space should have some consistency, some rhyme and reason.

3. Geometry. Get comfortable with it. Build your forms from geometric shapes. Your curves look like you eyeballed them to the best of your ability, and then called them finished. Your angles are no better. Look at the chimney, it's not even a straight horizontal line. You're best off sketching your work first. Use grid paper, a compass, and a ruler, even a protractor to maintain consistent angles if you're feeling saucy.

4. You appear to have some tendency toward needless ornamentation (evidenced by your desire to put strokes around everything and use beveling). It's excessive, and a waste of time. Take any logo you work on, convert it to a single color, shrink it down so it would fit within the magnetic strip on a credit card, print it off. Any details you can't clearly make out don't need to be there.

5. The typeface is bad. It's like Hobo's lazy younger brother who still lives with his parents and spends his McDonald's paychecks on weed. And not only is it ugly (and so is Hobo, don't get me wrong), but the worse offense here is that it doesn't carry the voice of the mark, or the company in general. Typefaces communicate much more than the words they create. You should look into type families that convey the theme of the project. In this case, I'd suggest a lightweight sans
>>
I'm not done.

6. Be careful with color. It looks like you're building a palette with black as a central color, and that's not something that communicates conservation. Brush up on color theory and you'll see what I mean. If you need some inspiration, go to color.adobe.com, enter a hexcode for the primary color in your palette, and browse through the hundreds of user-submitted palettes. You should be able to tell right away what works and what doesn't (consistency in intensity, complimentary hues, monochomatics, etc.)

7. You need to balance the scale of your mark against the type. Scale is a way of imparting importance to one element over another, and with this layout "Home Energy Conservation" rates about a zero.

8. When uploading for crits, drop a PNG for vector files, not a JPG. Keep them edges crisp. And give us some negative space around your work. This is claustrophobic as fuck.
>>
>>293631
>>293632

You used all your energy, buy OP had already ran home with his tail between his legs, such a shame, you could have really helped him.
>>
>>294581
Meh. If he took anything at all from it, I hope it's point #1. We're a bunch of petty vicious cunts, but nobody gits gud in a hugbox.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.