[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /gd/ not have a stupid question thread? Seems like everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Twewy Neku ?.gif (997KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Twewy Neku ?.gif
997KB, 500x370px
Does /gd/ not have a stupid question thread? Seems like everyone's asking stuff Willy-nilly.
>>
>>292793
make one and use one of those 3d stick figure images with red ? interrogation mark.
>>
if you had to choose between inkscape and wacom tablet or illustrator and no wacom tablet what would you choose?
>>
>>293358
First obviously. What's the point of expensive software if it's frustrating to use? Get a medium sized intuos and you're golden.

My dumb question: would a mini pc be a a bad compromise between desktop and laptop for graphic design?
>>
>>293490
You should be ok unless you are dealing with video or gigantographys
>>
>>293493
Do you think it's an ineffective use of money?
>>
>>293501
Yes, but I think that everything that isn't a desktop pc is an ineffective use of money.
What's the point of an intermiediate point though? You either go
>powerful computer
>mobile computer
You don't have any of those with a mini pc
but whatever dude, do what you want
>>
>>293515
I have to be able to move around unfortunately but deep in my heart I feel that laptops are fucking stupid
>>
>>293515
Also a little computer and monitor are definitely mobile. I see people do it all the time.
>>
>>293586
There are some mini itx builds you can do that are absolutely tiny, especially if you don't need a dedicated gpu. Advantage being that you can upgrade at anytime.

I would recommend getting a high quality case though, since a simple sheet metal case isn't really build for traveling.
>>
File: Canvas4.png (561KB, 1401x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Canvas4.png
561KB, 1401x1001px
I know of a bunch of sites where I can get royalty-free photos -- unsplash.com, stocksnap.io, isorepublic.com, and dozens more.

But does anyone know where I can get free royalty-free abstract/geometric/iconic graphic flourishes, like the ones in the attached pic?
>>
>>293687
freepik?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1001KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1001KB, 600x450px
What board is used for the discussion of architecture?
>>
>>293742
this for theory and questions, >>>/ic/artbook for books on arch & perspective or >>>/3/ for software related stuff like rhino, revit, 3ds , maya etc,
>>
>>293745
Thanks.
>>
could someone share this book?
Drew de Soto - Know Your Onions
>>
Is it possible to teach yourself graphic design through books and online tutorials? I already own most theory and history books mentioned in the wiki. Anyone with a success story?
>>
>>293951
>Is it possible...?
totally, as long as you have a good objective sight (which can be educated) and are a little bit obsesive about details. You will get good at it eventually.

> I already own most theory and history books
"understand" should be the proper verb here

>Anyone with a success story?
I finished high-school, dropped out from film school after the first year and took a couple of courses on traditional 2d animation. That's as far as my formal education goes.
I started freelancing online doing crappy jobs for almost no cash (graphic design and illustration mostly), then I switched to video because more $, all my studies had to do with it and Ae is pretty much Ps in a timeline.
With the crappy jobs I took freelancing plus personal projects I ended up with a pretty decent portfolio which landed me a job in a TV network doing motion graphics.
Nowadays I work at a production company doing motion graphics as well but mostly coloring which I enjoy.

So yes anon, you can teach yourself whatever and no one will care where you learned it as long as you are good at it. It takes some time (I'm a 31 yo oldfag) but you'll get there eventually.
>>
>>293993
Where did you find freelancing jobs?
>>
>>292793
Is there a brush or a tool on photoshop or illustrator that makes a line with a border on it?
Kind of like this?
I've just been making lines with the pen and then duplicating them with white and then shrinking the white lines.
>>
>>293997
you can add a stroke as a layer effect.

There should be a dedicated stroke option, but if not, an outer glow that you tweak to be solid would work just as well.
>>
>>293999
In Photoshop by the way.

In illustrator you just add strokes pretty easy.
>>
>>293999
Thanks anon! I knew there was an easy way to do it, I just couldn't remember.
>>
>>293994
freelancer.com
but I don't recommend it
There's always someone in india willing to do the same thing for $3 so it's a waste of time. make your own projects
>>
Is my old, small, non-IPS monitor not rendering this font as it should, or there's noticeable bad anti aliasing in the letters? Does it also look jagged to you as well? https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Tenor+Sans
>>
What's the name of the tool in cs6 that lets you add and subtract parts of the selected area with left and right mouse button?

Rather; is there a plugin that adds this feature to cs2?
>>
What's the software to be used in the creation of a poster? Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign?
>>
>>294360
All three. Photoshop for photomanipulation, Illustrator for the graphical elements, and InDesign for the final layout / exporting.

Obviously if you wanted you could make the poster entirely in any one of them.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.