[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name My Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

Name my architectural building
>Mixed uses architectural building
>Modulated
>Cubes

name will be included in my final presentation so please be respectful and creative
>>
you should work on your vizualisation skills
>>
>>291440
lensflare/10
>>
What's the material supposed to be? Concrete? Stucco?
What's the point of the protruding rooms? It just seems like you did it cause you thought it would look neat and has no purpose beyond that.
The random louvers also seem to fit into that category.
It's like Corbusier and Mondrian had a baby with downs
>>
the atrium geometrica.
cube zero.
arcaspire.
quadratadome.

almighty sontithus, destroyer of worlds.
>>
Absolute Dogshit
Everything wrong with modern architecture
Cubical Cancer

Words can't begin to describe how much I hate you and your kind, OP.
>>
>>291440
"fucking cancer"
>>
Generic Shit
>>
Woman above ALDO should just jump already.
>>
"White Neighborhood"
>>
Suicide motel
>>
File: PyriteNavajun.jpg (651KB, 1000x956px) Image search: [Google]
PyriteNavajun.jpg
651KB, 1000x956px
>>291440
>>Cubes

Pyrite
>>
>>291642
>>291725
>>291802
>>291833
>>291847
kek
>>
>>291440
I'm sure I saw this exact building in Berlin.
>>
"What if habitat67 were reimagined as a shitty stripmall and condo"
>>
is it supposed to be a shelter for the wildlings or why is it build in front of the wall ?
>>
damn, not to defend OP or anything, but given your crtitique I'm actually curious to see what you consider as an alternative to such 'cancerous' architechture design.

>t. architecture student who is never going to post his work because of threads such as this
>>
>>292015
which uni? 99% of architecture schools in the world are garbage
>>
>>292018

well, what do you know, I happen to attend the 1 per-

nah, a garbage one
>>
File: Vaals2.jpg (31KB, 632x421px) Image search: [Google]
Vaals2.jpg
31KB, 632x421px
>>292021
to answer your question, here are examples of good (in my opinion) modern architects in chronological order:
adolf loos
ludwig mies van der rohe
le corbusier
hans van der laan (pic related)
aldo rossi
giorgio grassi
antonio monestiroli
tony fretton
eduardo souto de moura
david chipperfield
paolo zermani

unfortunately many of these are pretty much unknown outside of europe
>>
>>292024
>adolf loos
opinion disregarded
>>
>>292592
>>adolf loos
>opinion disregarded
opinion disregarded
>>
>>292657
Call it "L'Habitat"
You're welcome
>>
>>291989
Kek that's what I thought too
>>
>>292665
no, call it DAS HABITAT
>>
File: ibdi-safdie.jpg (45KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
ibdi-safdie.jpg
45KB, 470x353px
>>291440
the fuck's this shit, if you copy me, do it better.
>>
File: 1481763158600.png (8KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
1481763158600.png
8KB, 303x166px
>>292024
>adolf loos
>adolf fucking loos
>adolf "muh white box lookz gr8" loos

He is directly responsible for making architecture shit m8

Pretty sure you're one of the guys that think that making a walled box with some crystal holes that make cool shadows is "good".

Plastic, irrelevant, easy replaceable buildings are what you like. Architecture is meant to be more than looking cool m8
>>
>>292024
>>292592
>>292650
>>292855

look guyz i just amde a god tier modern adolf loos mastrerpiece!!! :^)
>>
File: Looshaus_Michaelerplatz.jpg (3MB, 4220x2813px) Image search: [Google]
Looshaus_Michaelerplatz.jpg
3MB, 4220x2813px
>>292855
does this look like "a walled box with some crystal holes that make cool shadows" to you? have you even read his essays?
stop spouting memes, loos is the exact opposite of the "looking cool" garbage architecture of hadid, calatrava, piano etc.
>>
>>292856
>modern
>curved roof
GTFO here with that shit
>>
File: 14b225af940482e0bbe10981fb96bbf2.jpg (686KB, 1984x1488px) Image search: [Google]
14b225af940482e0bbe10981fb96bbf2.jpg
686KB, 1984x1488px
>>292904
Yes I have read them. I like how he makes the comparisson between how a clean human body looks is enormously more aesthetic than one with tattoos, saying that tattoos are only used by savages and indigenous people.

Except you can't apply it in architecture.

There is no effort, no skills, nothing. I can do his designs in sketchup in less than 10 min. At least Zaha Hadid's shit takes a bit more skills to get the geometry right. Loos on the other hand, together with Gropius and Mies, and contemporary architects like Alberto Campo Baeza and Tadao Ando is simply underwhelming. Anyone can design their shit, hire an engineer to see the structure and make the plans and build it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying EVRYTHING they make should be torn down or burned, I'm not saying EVRYTHING they made is shit. Some of their designs are great, like Looshaus itself, but come on, it's nowhere near as objectively good as designs by many other architects (like Louis Sullivan for example). The lack of details, ornaments, textures and other resources is simply mediocre.
>>
>>292905
literally prison-tier
>>
File: 444290577_52070703d5.jpg (120KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
444290577_52070703d5.jpg
120KB, 500x375px
>assymetric designs
cringe
>>
File: 420px-Casa_tzara_11.jpg (115KB, 420x529px) Image search: [Google]
420px-Casa_tzara_11.jpg
115KB, 420x529px
literally what the fuck is this
>>
SQUARE SPACE!
>>
ORNAMENT IST VERBRECHEN! IHR SEID ALLE VERBRECHER!
>>
>>292925
>>292926
>>292927
>>292935
>>292979
triggered
>>
You should not have to give your project some fancy name. Just call it what it is, or use the address or something.

The title literally shouldn't matter in architecture school unless your faculty has their head up their ass
>>
>>292024
this is garbage, looks like a prison church
>>
>>291440
"Absolute garbage that edgy kids will think is cool"

"Hipsters paradise"

"I graduated with a college diploma in architecture visualisation"

"The color of the sky is how I feel inside every day of my life, please kill me"

"I'm as edgy as this design"
But seriously. You will get 0 for ingenuity. I bet you half your class will present similar shit
>>
>>291440
que vergas es esto
>>
>>293124
kill yourself
>>
>>293568
>"Hipsters paradise"

Dude how old are you ? This looks like for a middle-aged couple with three children lmao
>>
File: looshoffblk.jpg (84KB, 717x312px) Image search: [Google]
looshoffblk.jpg
84KB, 717x312px
COMPARE LOOS AND RENNIE MACKINTOSH TO FAGGOTS LIKE JOSEFF HOFFMANN AND YOU'LL REALISE THAT THOSE WHO TOOK THE MINIMAL, JAPANESE INSPIRED STYLE WERE CORRECT AND THEIR APPROACH WAS SOCIAL, SPIRITUAL AND FORWARD THINKING AND NOT JUST EGOTISTICAL DECORATIVE PRACTICE.

LOOS ARGUES NOT JUST 'TATOOS=SAVAGE' THAT IS MERELY ONE OF THE MINOR POINTS OF THE 'ORNAMENT UND VERBRECHEN' ESSAYS. IN HIS EXTENDED WRITINGS HE ARGUES, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE VIENNA MIDDLE CLASS IS OVERLY PRETENTIOUS, THAT WOMEN WILL BEGIN WORK AND BECOME EMANCIPATED FROM THE REQUIREMENT TO LOOK GOOD, THAT TIME SAVINGS IN PRODUCTION WITHOUT ORNAMENT SHOULD BE PASSED ON TO THE WORKER, AND THAT THE HOUSE OF THE COMMON MAN SHOULD BE A PLACE OF FUNCTIONAL AND WHIMSICAL VARIETY, NOT CONSTRAINED BY PRETENTIOUS 'STYLES'.
>>
As ornament is no longer organically linked with our culture, it is also no longer an expression of our culture. Ornament as created today has no connection with us, has no human connections at all, no connection with the world as it is constituted. It cannot be developed. What has happened to the decorations of Otto Eckmann and those of Van de Velde? The artist always used to stand at the forefront of humanity, full of health and vigour. But the modem ornamentalist is a straggler, or a pathological case. He rejects even his own products within three years. To cultivated people they are unbearable immediately, others are aware of their unbearableness only after some years. Where are the works of Otto Eckmann today? Where will Olbrich's work be in ten years' time? Modern ornament has no forbears and no descendants, no past and no future. It is joyfully welcomed by uncultivated people, to whom the true greatness of our time is a closed book, and after a short period is rejected.
>>
>>292924
>Olbrich
also m8 have you even been in an adolf loos house? the whole point is that the interior spaces flow into one another and the windows are placed in relation to what suits the interior best. Yeah its easy to design the outside but thats not the point.
>>
>>293749
Needs moar caps
>>
>>291440
post sections and floor plans before I give you a crit.
>>
>>291440
I like it... fuck all you critical douches unless you post something of your own.
>>
>>291440
soulless shit by retarded without creativity
>>
>>291440
Adjust your field of view or crop it. The whole left side of your rendering is overly skewed and stretched.
>>
>>291614
First of all, stop questioning the purpose of style. Style derive from theoretical roots and secondly, have you seen the plan? Perhaps the protruding rooms define collective/nook spaces to break free from sterile passages. I'm an architect by the way.
>>
"These protrusions will teach you about Bernoulli's Principle, by God they will"
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.