[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photoshop lil issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: edge.png (422KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
422KB, 1440x810px
i am trying to fill a space with the bucket tool,
but i always end up with that little 1px edge that
is not white and that's really annoying.
how can i do it right?
>>
>>289081
bump
>>
>>289081
The problem is that you have drawn your line art with a soft brush. Soft brushes gradate from fill color to transparency on the edges. Try it with the pencil tool, which is a hard brush style, and it will not happen. But really, why are you doing that kind of art in photoshop? This should be vector.
>>
File: Immagine2.png (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Immagine2.png
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>289085
this a line done with pencil and hard brush and the problem remains. is this really a "photoshop limit" kind of problem? i find it very strange.
i tried even with selection options but nothing.
i don't do it vector cause i never tried it, but i guess it's time to.
>>
>>289087
sorry i meant pen, not pencil
>>
>>289081
There are numerous ways to properly colour lineart in PS. The simplest is way is to set the lineart layer to Multiply and create a new layer underneath your (black and white) lineart and render onto that layer

tl;dr google it dumbass
>>
File: brushpencil.jpg (163KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
brushpencil.jpg
163KB, 2000x2000px
>>289087
I don't think you did what I said. Look at my pic. The two on the left are done with soft brushes, one is mush softer than the other, as you can see what happens. The one on the right is the PENCIL tool. It does not transition out into a fade because it completely fills in every pixel it touches. Soft brushes don't do that.
>>
>>289081

Is your line work on a seperate layer from the fill color?

If not, then make sure to do that and have the line work the topmost layer so the color fills beneath.

You'll have to do a lot of selecting and hand coloring this way but it's the only way I know to prevent what you're getting.
>>
>>289092
Pretty much this
My method is as follows
>duplicate lineart layer
>change the blending mode of the top layer to multiply
>ctrl+click the bottom lineart layer to select the lines
>ctrl+shift+i to invert selection
>selection>expand>4px (or whatever)
>delete
now you can use the paint bucket in the bottom layer without problems. if the problem persists, just expand more the selection
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.