[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is how my boss "manages" layers. Getting into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

This is how my boss "manages" layers. Getting into her files is an absolute headache.
>>
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>288699
nice dubs

she shouldnt be your boss or clearly has no idea what shes doing
>>
>>288699
This is disgusting.
I feel for you man.

At the very least you can just group it and get it all on one layer.
Though that doesn't always solve the problem.
>>
>>288699
People who generate the gestalt of their layouts in Photoshop should be taken behind the woodshed and executed, your boss and yourself included.

I will renege on that statement if you're an actual graphic artist creating unique, quality IP.

But you're not, and your boss isn't either. You guys are scrub "graphic designers" shoveling ill prepared garbage, hence being in PS for anything other than photo manipulation, basic animation and oddball rendering stuff.
>>
>>288699
I want to kill myself, thats shit I did when I was 12
>>
>>288699
How does a good layer management looks like?
>>
File: PC_possessed_736651a.jpg (55KB, 650x441px) Image search: [Google]
PC_possessed_736651a.jpg
55KB, 650x441px
man all yall niggas need to calm the fuck down.
if you cant handle a couple of unlabled layers, you need to get that OCD ass of yours in check. Literally takes a second to figure out what is on that layer, and label that shit yourself and stop whining like a bitch.
>>
>>288744
If it was done in the first place, like you're supposed to, no one would have to be in that position.
All those "second"s add up.
>>
>>288743

maybe by actually naming your layers and grouping related ones too?

>>288744
maybe it takes 2 seconds for you because you have all the time in the world to sift through layers of shitty weebo art you're "designing" but for people who do this for a living we actually have these things called deadlines so sifting through unorganized shit is unnecessarily time consuming.
>>
>her

Now, see, there's the problem
>>
>>288743

Naming your fucking layers for a start
>>
>>288743
Grouping, Coloring Labels, Names,Locking.
>>
>>288760
man your point doesnt even make sense, it ALWAYS will take a fuckin second to check whats on that layer no matter what kind of busy ass designer you might be hoe.
>>
>>288699
>be professional making advertisements
>still do this shit
>nobody cares because my work is good
>have no reason to change because I have had 0 problems so far

Plus, like one other person but me sees my actual PSDs and it's mostly for quality check. Ya'll need to get up on out of here with that superiority complex over something so insignificant.
>>
>>288858
that is EXACTLY what im talking about!
them niggas need to pull their own head out their ass... baka
>>
>>288858
post work
>>
File: 4147133-sigh.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
4147133-sigh.gif
2MB, 245x300px
>>288711
>she shouldnt be your boss or clearly has no idea what shes doing
What I would give to be this wonderfully naive once again.
>>
Is it alright if I don't name my layers unless they contain something importaint (like "import from ..."), but instead I just use groups and colors to organise them?
>>
>>288720
show me your work b0ss

legit intrigued

not op btw
>>
>>288858
I have the shit organized to all hell so if I come back to it months later for some strange reason I don't have to sift though a bunch of ambiguous layers trying to remember what I did in the first place.

I've had situations where I've needed to come back to things a long while later, so it helps tremendously.
>>
>my boss went to college for a design degree, now in her late 20s
>i taught myself photoshop, illustrator, indesign, and after effects, i'm in my mid 20s
>i know more about all of these programs than her and invariably about once a week I'm "helping" her with something she can't figure out, for example she literally did not know illustrator had save for web and couldn't figure out why the images she was saving as raster right out of illustrator weren't the same pixel size as the artboard

She regularly submits 500+MB single page PDFs for internal reviews for product packaging concepts. for example packaging on dielines that when laid flat is roughly the size of a letter paper. one page, 2 embedded images, the rest is text and vector artwork. i don't know how the FUCK she got a 500mb file size. her illustrator files for packaging regularly exceed 2GB. again, i dont fucking understand HOW you do that, like I would have to google "how to add bullshit to illustrator files to make them bigger" to do what she is doing

>CEO literally can't open these fuckhuge PDFs in Reader or Gmail or whatever
>"this was as small as I could get the file, since they're high quality. just come to my desk and I can show you here"

just fuck my career up
>>
>>288923

My eyes are literally spewing out blood and hot lava reading what your boss does...
I've studied for design and in the possesion of a MA in Design, hard to find work and always try to work orderly and then I read shit like this.

How can you not explode everytime this happens?
>>
>>289065
I got the interview because she's a family friend, so I was lucky in that regard. No college, and I'm the senior designer now. Maybe I kind of owe her one.

I kind of roll with her stupidity because she sets the bar so low that it makes me look great even when I'm not really trying. I understand that she has the degree and knows more about type and color theory and design history than me, but there's no question that I run circles around her in actually using the programs. She knows nothing about motion graphics or really file types or anything, which is a nice bit of versatility I bring to the table.

Earlier this year they were having trouble copying our media reel to some flash drives and they wouldn't play on the TV because they were formatted as ExFAT. So I explained that they needed to be FAT32 on this particular TV and the video file size itself needed to be 4GB or smaller. She had no idea what any of that meant. That media reel itself needed to be compressed a bit because it was over 4GB and she suggested hiring a freelance videographer to do it for us. I threw the file into Media Encoder and had it playing on the TV in 5 mins. Just an example of how tech illiterate my bosses. I shudder to think about how much money was wasted on stupid shit like that before I was hired.

Anyway she's a little emotional and hot headed sometimes and honestly I'm in prime position to take her job if (when) she eventually gets canned or quits.

I wish I could be more specific on the line of work it is, but me being creative director of a $50m company with no college would be amazing. So like I said, I'm just watching in the wings while she stumbles around
>>
>>288923
She probably doesn't unchecked the "editable in illustrator/Photoshop" button when she exports the PDF.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.