[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NBA Logos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

File: 832.png (235KB, 1602x960px) Image search: [Google]
832.png
235KB, 1602x960px
NBA season has started up.

Which NBA team has the best logo?
Which has the worst?

What does /gd/ think of the Sacramento Kings' new logo? (on the right)
The old one reminded me of hockey for some reason, the new one seems generic, idk.

Check out past and present logos for various NBA and ABA teams here:
http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/6/National_Basketball_Association/NBA/logos/

This is a thread about graphic design, please take trash-talk over to >>>/sp/
>>
>>288475
I personally enjoy the newer Milwaukee Bucks logo

>when you realize the deer's neck is an "M"
>>
File: hj3gmh82w9hffmeh3fjm5h874.png (28KB, 825x830px) Image search: [Google]
hj3gmh82w9hffmeh3fjm5h874.png
28KB, 825x830px
pic related is my favorite logo
>never changed it
>never had to

truly timeless
>>
>>288476
The small inside part of the antlers form a basketball as well.

I like this logo but I feel with a bit of tweaking it could be truly great. I don't like the colors or the typography. I don't think I could win any arguments over the colors because I get that they are going for a woodland type scheme to compliment the buck. I still find it somewhat unappealing. The type is awful tho.

>>288477
GOAT
>>
>>288476
I forgot to add, the "m" inside the neck is a nice touch but I think it could have been implemented a bit better. I think it's too angular/sharp. Makes it kind've feel unfinished to me. Like I said before, this logo is a few tweaks away from being one of the best in the league.
>>
File: Atlanta-Hawks-New-Logo-31.png (53KB, 777x330px) Image search: [Google]
Atlanta-Hawks-New-Logo-31.png
53KB, 777x330px
>>
File: wut.png (1MB, 1453x1073px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
1MB, 1453x1073px
>>288484
>The small inside part of the antlers form a basketball as well.
how have I never noticed this
>>
>>288491
I can't remember but I think I read somewhere that the NBA mandated every team get new logos and one of the criteria was that an actual basketball be included somewhere in the logo. If you look here>>288487 you can see 3 different logos where the last one has a basketball in it. Every team has one main logo with two alternates. I think only one of the three needs to have a basketball in it. So yeah, if you look through every teams' logos, one will have a basketball in it somewhere. The Bucks logo is probably the most clever tho.
>>
>>288495
>if you look through every teams' logos, one will have a basketball in it somewhere
except the Bulls?
>>
>>288563
The bulls and spurs and maybe a couple others currently don't have basketballs in their logos. I tried searching for the mandate that said every team should have a basketball in their logo and couldn't find it, so take what I said with a big grain of salt until I can prove it. Also, I don't remember reading about a deadline so teams could conceivably rebrand for next year.

Here's some more conjecture: I think the new logo styles have something to do with the impending inclusion of advertising on the jerseys. That and I think they are trying to make graphics for broadcasting more consistent.

If I find a source I'll post it.
>>
>>288563
The three lines above the brow? The colour of the bull? Maybe I'm seeing things, but it definitely has some basketball characteristics.
>>
File: Robot.png (1MB, 1200x947px) Image search: [Google]
Robot.png
1MB, 1200x947px
>>288571
If you turn the bulls logo upside down it looks like a robot reading a book
>>
File: CGbTGRYXIAI_Q-8.png:large.png (224KB, 1024x199px) Image search: [Google]
CGbTGRYXIAI_Q-8.png:large.png
224KB, 1024x199px
>>288563
Okay. I found some links and some information. The bulls logo and presumably the spurs logo are grandfathered in to the new guidelines. Advertisements are coming to the jerseys for the 2017-18 season so assuming the new branding is because of that, teams that don't have logos that meet guidelines and are not grandfathered in, have until next season to comply.

The "basketball" guideline is confirmed here:
https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/598210787388354560

They talk about the rules midway through the article here:
https://deadspin.com/atlanta-hawks-unveil-new-logos-1708171200

Pic related from here:
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/605403377669914624/photo/1

So one of a teams three logos must have a basket ball in it and one of the logos must fit in a circle. The circle logo could also have a basketball in it, fulfilling two requirements in one. I think the circle logo is mandatory because they want continuity for their broadcast graphics across all networks. If the logo is in a circle you can just swap the teams without compromise to the networks own graphics.
>>
>>288578
>If the logo is in a circle you can just swap the teams without compromise to the networks own graphics.

Forgot to add, this is still speculation on my part. It's based partly on observation of what logos they use during broadcast. The New York Knicks logo on the left in pic related gets used a lot for television broadcasts but isn't really used anywhere else, for example.
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 147x122px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 147x122px
>>
>>288578
neat
>>
>>288578
really digging the raptors' here
>>
>>289080
That is literally the only unappealing design pictured.
>>
File: nbahoopsfortroops.png (181KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nbahoopsfortroops.png
181KB, 800x450px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.