[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pixelart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_nyjgs0YhOG1ufh7yno1_500.gif (407KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyjgs0YhOG1ufh7yno1_500.gif
407KB, 500x500px
So, I'm really into this type of graphic design and want to learn atleast the basics of making a good pixelart.
The shading and positioning of things etc.

Also share some awesomd pixelarts.
>>
>>
>>
>>288222
Pixelart is illustration, not graphic design. This is the wrong board for that.
>>
>>288265
this
>>
>>288265
>>288280

This.
>>
>>288222
So, you need to look into nearest neighbor interpolation. Then in photoshop you can draw with pixels and when you make it bigger its still all pixely.

>>288265
>>288280
>>289098

Meh, the line is so thin stop being pedantic.
>>
>>289103
I don't care if this thread stays on this board because this is a slow board and most of the people here clearly don't know what graphic design is, which your comment makes pretty evident. The line is not thin, nor are we being pedantic. Pixel art is illustration. If OP wants help making pixel art, the illustration board is the best place to get help. If I'm not mistaken, they even have pixel art generals.
>>
>>289115

Pixel art *can* be used in graphic design, I'm pretty sure that's what he was eluding to when he said the line is thin.
>>
>>289103
>Meh, the line is so thin stop being pedantic.

Design is design and art is art.

Design can be art and art can be design, but not all design is art and an incredibly small amount of art can be called design.

The OP specifically asked for pixel art. This board is for graphic design.

Meanwhile, 4chan literally has an oekaki board, which is, at its most base form, pixel art.

>>>/i/
>>
>>289128
It just makes this board shit. An incredibly large amount of design work i do would be classifed as art. We arnt all
boring web designers.

Theres two ways you can aproach a thread like this. Either make a shitty comment "Hurr durr design not art" or actually contribue something and try and steer the thread in a good direction.
>>
>>288222
Well, pixel art is a lot different from any other types of art or design, you need a good eye for colour, I'd recommend paint to start out at first, it's much more pixel-friendly and faster that using photoshop or any other program.
Shading is a pain at first, and there are many ways to shade in pixel art.
I'd say anatomy/geometry is the easiest part of creating pixel art.
Pixel art is super easy to manage though, you can always see exactly where everything is and it is quick putting down colour and shapes.

I recommend checking out pixeljoint where thousands of people submit their pixel art. Prepare to be blown away haha.
>>
File: file.gif (152KB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
152KB, 320x184px
I really want to get into pixel art, what are some apps for android that are good?
>>
>>290000 >>>/ic/2715672
>>
File: archer.gif (331KB, 592x505px) Image search: [Google]
archer.gif
331KB, 592x505px
>>288222

did this in photoshop only as concept char. design and an exercise in simple gif animations.
>>
File: barbarian.gif (562KB, 592x505px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian.gif
562KB, 592x505px
>>290391
>>
File: knight.gif (319KB, 592x505px) Image search: [Google]
knight.gif
319KB, 592x505px
>>290392
>>
>>290391
>>290392
>>290394
This blurry shit is by no means pixel art.
Unless you want to tell me you drew it pixel by pixel.
>>
>>290395

just a moisaic filter to be honest, iirc. never claimed to be pixel art, just simple animations, filter was added to emulate the look
>>
>>290396
>filter was added to emulate the look
it doesn't dumbass
>>
>>288265
>>288280
>>289098
god shut the FUCK up
>>
File: 1413918653419.jpg (22KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1413918653419.jpg
22KB, 276x268px
>graphic design
>animated pixel art
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.