[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What laptop do you use for school or outside? I was considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: lenovo-thinkpad-t460s-nw-g02.jpg (81KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-thinkpad-t460s-nw-g02.jpg
81KB, 775x500px
What laptop do you use for school or outside?
I was considering the T460s at first but I read that its sRGB color gamut was only 66%
>>
A macbook air
>>
I've been designing on the same i7 Toshiba Satellite since uni and now in work for the past 4 years. Never let me down
>>
Any more suggestions?
>>
rMBP 15" 2015
>>
>>288106
I see a lot of people use Windows Surfaces. They can take notes and open a cloud where you can save all of your data online.
People write their notes and print them off, or simply email it. It's super efficient.

Not sure about using it for other applications.
>>
>>288155
this
>>288159
nice concept but the screen is shit
>>
>>288106
Acer Aspire 5755g
decent for gaming when not working
great for photoshop, ilustrator, corel etc..
good at rendering (cuda and shit)
also good with after effects/ sony vegas/ camtasia etc..
best of all i bought it 5+ years ago for 500 euros
>>
>>288155
The 15" cost so much more over the 13" though
>>
>>288415
trust me bigger is better
this one is 15" and sometimes i wish to swap it with a projector
>>
>>288415
Then get the 13" and a nice external monitor for when you're at home. If I could go back I'd probably get the 13".

Get the 2015 model when the 2016 ones are released. The prices should drop a bit in the next few weeks.
>>
>>288106
>implying i go outside
>implying i go to school
>>
if u arent broke like me get a mac with a graphics card so u could edit videos.....
dont waste ur cash on baby computers..........
why waste a grand on a lenovo wen u could prolly get an alienware or ibuypower laptop.......... dont make the same bestbuy mistake i did twice op

ask the school if they could give u a loaner if anything but dont steal it they probably have tracers on them
>>
>>288511
I was too embarrassed to post this, but yeah...
>>
Is it worth just getting a "gaming laptop" for the specs to run the Adobe suite?
I really don't want to get a MacBook.
>>
>>288553
You can do if you like mate. I don't think you need a 'gaming laptop' specifically, it wouldn't give you much more performance boost over a regular laptop (like an XPS 13/15).
>>
>>288106
Actually got that exact laptop from our school.
>>
>>288566
For free? That's crazy. What country? Does it accept migrants?
>>
>>288115
I've got the same, and it's perfect. Great monitor clarity/color gamut, fast, and looks slick too.
>>
>>288419
>prices should go down.

How wrong are you buddy, Apple still sells the older model for more than it was last year. Or at least in the UK it is. £1000 now is £1400
>>
>>289881
All they did was adjust the price because of Brexit.
>>
>>288106
ASUS Rog gl552jx
Higly recommend you to not buy anything from asus, shit products. Saying with experience.
>>
>>288159
Fucking love my Surface Pro 4. Very accurate colors and the perfect amount of saturation. Runs Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator flawlessly. And the pen is so neat for drawing and sketching out ideas. The only issue is battery life. Typically I have Photoshop, Illustrator and Google Chrome on and that will last me about 2h30m
>>
>>290127

no offense but i stick to wacom new shit.
>>
>>288106
Just got the new macbook pro, dont let the specs fool you. This thing is still a top performer at first i thought paying $2,000 for a dual core cpu was a total joke (i brought the laptop with the intention to return it after a test "drive"). Its been two days now and i gotta say not bad at all. I use it mostly for my photography class (lightroom) and video editing (final cut, after effects and premiere) (friends youtube channel) the render speeds on this thing are incredible, far better than i expected. overall i wouldn't say im disappointed although the touch bar, that's a total gimmick lol nothing crazy just a fancy function key alternative.
>>
>>288106
My macbook air is fantastic for Indesign etc. as well as for any schoolwork. This coming from someone who usually prefers Windows.
>>
File: 1323464388099.jpg (164KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
1323464388099.jpg
164KB, 393x500px
>>290127
>2h30m battery life
>>
I'm currently on a MSI GL62 GQF
>>
>>290139
Dongles tho
>>
Could I have some advice on what I should buy to replace my 11-year old HP desktop? I'm taking an advanced graphic design class next semester at college but I'm worried my PC is going to shit the bed because of its age. It runs 2.6ghz and can multitask adobe programs, so I'm wondering if I should just get another PC with similar specs to transfer all my adobe files onto or purchase an imac or macbook.

I was looking at a 2015 21inch 8gb imac but from reviews I've read the 21" models are slow and don't have upgradable ram. Wold it still be worth getting if I'm just using it for photoshop, illustrator, indesign etc?
>>
>>288115
Can agree with anon. My satellite is 3 years old this December and it works great. Stuck an SSD in it though, highly recommend it.
>>
>>288106
Dell has some Latitude and Precision models with 99% AdobeRGB.
Same with HP and their Elitebook and zBook line.
>>
>>290322
specs?
one of the cheapest options would probably be to get a Dell T20 XEON, put your old drives into it + a Samsung or Crucial MLC SSD.
imacs are overpriced rubbish running cheap low power notebook hardware.
>>
File: UX303_27.jpg (500KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
UX303_27.jpg
500KB, 1400x1050px
I was searching for a laptop this week, and was in between Acer Aspire V17 Nitro and
Asus Zenbook UX303. Haven't made a decision yet, does any of you have any experience with those?
>>
>>290576
>ASUS
>Acer

doesn't matter which one you take. it's like choosing between Aids and Cancer. both are really fucking horrible.
get a fucking business grade notebook with a decent IPS panel by HP, Dell or Lenovo.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.