[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft Surface Studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: microsoft surface studio.png (350KB, 1223x948px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft surface studio.png
350KB, 1223x948px
Is this the new Wacom Cintiq killer?
Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/BzMLA8YIgG0

https://youtu.be/WMklcdzcNcU

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/devices/surface-studio
>>
>>287941
Looks so good, But also so expensive. definitely a cintiq killer, that shit is way too expensive. I think this is just 300 $ more or so.
>>
>Cintiq killer
>with Microsoft's stylus technology

No. If it were an iMac with the iPad Pro as its screen, then we'd be looking at a revolution.
>>
>>287967
iPad pro's stylus tech is good but not THAT much better than a Surface.

None of this tech will ever beat companies like Wacom entirely geared towards interactive graphics.
>>
>>287979
I don't know. I mean, I think you are right, too many industry professionals are locked in and committed to wacom so I don't think they will lose their standing. However, judging from what I've seen illustrator james jean do with an ipad pro, I'd say it's a worthy challenger. Also, there are a few prominent graphic designers who use the ipad pro for lettering and design work and the results are so impressive that I am considering it to replace my wacom gear. Ryan Hamrick, for example, does alot of his lettering on it now.
>>
>>287959
>>287941
Speaking of expensive, If I already own a decent computer with a powerful graphics card and good CPU, wouldn't it be easier to just get a Monitor like that and maybe the circular tool there? Or is this a whole "Buy the whole computer or fuck off" kind of deal?
>>
>>287979
I never said Apple themselves would make something that would surpass Wacom technologically, but that their combination of worldwide presence, insane influence on the market, and the ability to make something that wows the average customer, would result in a revolution in the field. Everyone trying to outdo or copy Apple would result in a market where Wacom would potentially lose their monopoly.
>>
>>287992
this is literally the price of a big ass touchscreen monitor + approx $500
make your own decisions sport
I'd wait till it's refreshed once and gets a better graphics card
>>
>>287941
>2TB /Intel® Core™ i7-32GB-dGPU- $4,199

I can do that for $2,500 with 128GB of ram, 2 TB solid state hard drive and a dope ass graphics card.

Not worth the money until I see a youtube review on it.
>>
File: 14572673528840.png (22KB, 536x389px) Image search: [Google]
14572673528840.png
22KB, 536x389px
>>287941
>Is this the new Wacom Cintiq killer?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OHH GOD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
>>
File: 14664439904150.jpg (72KB, 540x574px) Image search: [Google]
14664439904150.jpg
72KB, 540x574px
>>287941

you do realize that their pen cant even do tilt or go over 1000 pressure steps? fancy big monitor with resolution problems.
>>
workplaces won't change over to it, this is one for the 'freelancers'
>>
Played with one today. It was fun, but I realized the price point is just not entirely worth it.
>>
>>287941
>Is this the new Wacom Cintiq killer?
It's not a Cintiq killer or even a Cintiq alternative. The only advantage it has over a Cintiq is the higher resolution wide-gamut display. The pen tech, the bit that matters the most, is where it loses horribly. You could buy a 27" Cintiq and build a better computer for less than what this costs, so I don't see where this thing even comes in except for someone that would rather have something flashy sitting on his desk.
>>
>>287941
Don't buy this piece of shit.
>>
>>288272
>Ignoring the monitor, which is amazing on its own and would cost up to 1500 standalone
>>
File: Dell Surface Studio.png (409KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
Dell Surface Studio.png
409KB, 800x446px
Dell is releasing it's own Surface Studio.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/2/13500308/dell-just-teased-its-own-surface-studio-pc

https://youtu.be/wKzXRMn9Vfs
>>
>>287941
I think they eliminated a great potential of costumers when they decided to make the pencil a worthles piece of shit that can´t even compit with the apple pencil
>>
>>287992
if you can find a monitor that doesn't have any parallax and cheap at the same time
>>
It's so funny to see macfags complaining about the lack of Nvidia 1080, when the 5k iMac with retina uses a R9 M395X, and DDR3 instead of 4. Not to mention no pen input. For only $200 less.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.