[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does smoking weed make you feel more creative? Can you work high?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Weed-image.png (383KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
Weed-image.png
383KB, 620x345px
Does smoking weed make you feel more creative? Can you work high?

I'm trying to but i keep getting distracted.
>>
File: Skull - Keep it Merica.png (309KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Skull - Keep it Merica.png
309KB, 1000x1000px
>>286852
I'm a high functioning substance abuser. Tell people who say that to fuck off, yes I do my best work fucked but that's not dependent on being fucked that's my addiction

If you are alive, healthy, happy and not on the verge of killing yourself or others, and you are not on any drugs, for the love of god don't start taking any. .
>>
>>286854
>drugs are bad mmkay
>>
Use weed to scribble things up and doodle loosely and without judgement. And most importantly, don't TRY to do it, just do it if something comes up in your head.

Later on, when sober, work on what you have. Don't try to use any software more complex than paint, you'll just waste yourself up. Weed is to do relaxed stuff, not finished pieces.
>>
>>286852
Weed just makes you temporarily dumber
On the other hand, small doses of alcohol might make you slightly more creative
>>
File: No.gif (2MB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
2MB, 300x204px
>>286855

Fuck drug culture, it's a cancer on society.
>>
File: panda-bear-10.30.2013-635x365.jpg (27KB, 635x365px) Image search: [Google]
panda-bear-10.30.2013-635x365.jpg
27KB, 635x365px
>>286852
Drugs are a shortcut to creativity for me. I'm sure I would've have come up with those things without drugs, but it would have just taken a lot longer.

I've also noticed that drugs are good for the generating of ideas part or any work. Once I sober up the next day, I can organize it better and make it more presentable.
>>
>>286852
It won't make you more or less creative. You'll just be high while you're trying to work. You may get distracted by a funny internet image or have the urge to eat some food. That's it.
>>
>>287144

It doesn't make you more creative, but it does shut up that voice in your brain that shits on any idea you have. The one that tells you the idea is stupid and you should give it up.

That voice can be a big problem for a lot of self-doubting creative types, and for those people drugs can help disinhibit their normally self-censored creative process.
>>
I find that being high puts me in either of two states

>1. Sitting in my chair with incredibly bad posture watching YouTube videos for 3 hours while eating junk food.

>2. Start working on something with near-autistic focus, but in a very unproductive and clumsy way. Probably focusing a lot of unnecessary details, while forgetting about important details.

That being said, when I get in "mode 2", I usually make something decent enough to be worth keeping and improving later.

So in that regard, yeah, you might get more creative in a way, since you can easily lose sight of the bigger picture and create some cool little details.
>>
>>286852
haven't tried any drugs yet but steve jobs said that using lsd was one of the most important things he did in his life. also Aldous huxley's book the doors of perception is really interesting for that subject.

here's this banned ted talk really interesting about drugs and consciousness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0c5nIvJH7w
>>
>>287170
number 2 is me. I wouldn't say that being high makes me more creative but it definitely helps concentration and allows me not to get as distracted as much.
>>
>>286922
alchohol is a depressant and slows down your brain function, so no not really, weeds gonna be way better than alchohol but overall being sober is best
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.