[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft redesigning Paint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: mspaint.png (61KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
mspaint.png
61KB, 800x400px
Looks pretty good for something bundled in with Windows.

https://youtu.be/o6TfhWY6WoI

https://youtu.be/zvfiBdNOAso
>>
>>285949
>the paint you know and love
More like "the shitty program that was only good at cropping something very fast"
Also still no layers lmao.
>>
>>285949
Paint was the thing that got me into image manipulation back in the day. I used it to do pokemon fusions lol.
>>
>>285949
>skrillex undercut in 2016
what the fuck
>>
>>286043
I used to do pokemon fusions with microsoft Words. Shit was terrible.
>>
Good job, Microsoft! 3D was obviously what Paint needed
>>
why to the wymen who present these kinds of projects always look so stereotypical like that
>>
>Shitty SJW Haircut
>Poor mans Blender
>Auto topology

It's shit.
>>
>>286050
those people live in big cities, the source of trends like that.

except they aren't trends there, they are styles that continue to exist forever. you just happen to call it a 'skrillex undercut' because that's literally the first time you've ever seen it.
>>
>>286050
He wasn't the first one sporting that style though.
>>
its got 'a community..`
RIP Paint.

Just as an aside tho, how many perfectly good 3d programs have those fuckers bought and trashed without trace over the years, from Softimage onwards. But no, 'hey, lets shovel a ton of shit no fucker remotely needs into Paint - can hide some more tracking software innit while we at it..'. Microsoft, Just.Fuck.Off.Already. Should have combined it with the screen grabber, that (inbuilt lightweight screengrab/quick touchup - an anorexic PS) might actually proved useful.
>>
File: 1454760567848.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454760567848.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>that awful anti-aliasing
>no layers
>>
>>285963
>>286378
>no layers
b-but.. its got 3 (three..) dimensions - that means, by definition, layering capabality. Either that, or its capable of time travel.
>>
>>286382
Yeah it has that 3D layering capability, but besides that, there's no way to have some sort of layer system like in Photoshop, which is fucking ridiculous since they thought a shitty 3D system is more important than layers.
>>
>>286043
Holy shit, I remember people posting them on pokemon forums like 12-13 years ago. I was amazed back then when I found out people did on paint.
>>
>>286247
haha, holy shit.... seriousy. Of all the things they should have done to improve paint as a basic tool that could have potentially moved towards an actually productive function for once, they instead chose to give it this fucking half assed ERMAGHERD 3D bullshit. WOW. At least its so bad its funny.
>>
>>285949
Microsoft knows that any attempt it makes to modernise paint will still be massively inferior next to anything you can download and install for free in five minutes, so rather compete with that they're bringing 3D-for-retards to the unwashed masses
>>
>>285963
Layer functionality is a 4.99 add-on.
>>
>>287203
This, and it's super smart. If the people want a free "actually productive" software, they download Gimp.
Microsoft know they have neither the need or the capacity to compete with adobe, so instead they take the USP they have (a graphic software for computer-retards) and apply it to the completely untapped market of 3D modeling. Super Ballsy.
>>
I only care about transparency
>>
Lots of people need to realize that paint isn't a tool. It never has been, it's a gagdget.

Anyone who works or has worked in software development comapnies can understand that they are only tweaking it to be more fun.

The UX/UI it's really good.
The take on 3D is were ALL the market is moving forwarf, it will have Holo Lens use for sure.

It's meant to be fun & modern.

If you are viewing Paint and rating it as a tool... well, you are damned in this industry.
>>
>>287263
>It's meant to be fun & modern.
Well, it's not.
>>
>>287324
You'll never make it
>>
>alpha manipulation
>fuzzy select w/ tolerance
>better fill bucket w/ tolerance
>better scaling algorithm

That's literally all Paint needs to become a genuinely useful program for casuals. If they added ANY features before the above 4, they completely failed.
>>
>>287505
Also better rotation.
>>
>creates something absolutely nobody desires
>all the users really wanted was a poor man's photoshop
>>
File: gimp.png (562KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
gimp.png
562KB, 1280x711px
Microsoft should just buy out Gimp and create two different workspaces: Basic and Advance.
Gimp has too many features and is too advanced for regular people, i don't think they would want to learn how to use it and could get lost trying to do simple things.
>>
>>287834
And make shit out of a quite decent software. Just keep it separate, paint for children drawings & gimp for people older than 10
>>
The voice cracks of this woman piss me off.
>>
File: 9234802380.jpg (34KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
9234802380.jpg
34KB, 448x336px
>first thing shown is a SJW wimmin'
>using the term "app"

So sickened. Terrible presentation.
At what point we lost professionalism being a good thing?

The program itself looks like a fun toy, but just that. On my eyes, that's good if it's bundled with windows for free.
Just like the classic Paint, it's used for entertainment purposes only.
>>
>>286382
Are you stupid? 3D programs have proper layer capabilities too.
Simply one object being place behind another object it's not a layer.
>>
>>287834
>being comprehensive to the retarded user

No. They should fuck off or just stick with garbage software.
Leave Gimp being the free software that it is
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.