[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't go to design school...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: SLEEP_WEEL_TIMMY.png (267KB, 630x632px) Image search: [Google]
SLEEP_WEEL_TIMMY.png
267KB, 630x632px
>But I'm still applying for $80k a year jobs on Indeed tho...
>>
a Diploma doesn't make you a graphic designer soo.....
>>
Please blog about it extensively after you get hired. On a side note, I've seen some job offers on AngelList at startups in NYC which are backed by VCs and they also pay for your visa, besides a minimum of $110k/annum. Would it be realistic for someone to apply at such a high stake job with no credentials, no contacts, only with a (strong) portfolio?
>>
>>285768
Never went to college or design school

Got started in supply-chain management via an internship. Moved to marketing analysis after two years then advertising another two years later. Dabbled with design as a hobby for 8 years and worked with designers the whole time. Now with both marketing experience and design skills, I make $110k base as a marketing director for an energy company.

I can hire a designer for literally nothing, you guys are a dime a dozen. Having experience in general marketing/advertising is what makes you valuable, not a skill anyone learn off youtube.

2ยข
>>
>>285788
Marketing is as easy as design is. If you have common sense, than you're good to go; no need for any special skills or abilities to train over time. You've learned something yesterday and rarely will you need something new in the future. Using acronyms and buzzwords to make your title seem important doesn't add any value to your work. And with increasingly more tools than ever, digital marketing has become a breeze. If anything, I consider marketing people to be at the bottom of the chain in the industry after PR and HR.
>>
>>285789
>Digital Market

KEK if that is all you think marketing is, then you have no clue.

I don't blame you, that is what most people think marketing is.

Far, far from it, my friend.
>>
File: Butthurt.jpg (34KB, 494x358px) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt.jpg
34KB, 494x358px
>>285789
>>
>>285789
>Marketing is as easy as bad design is
Fixed.

>>285788
The wrong of your existing (and supposed success) doesn't make it right. You got lucky. Good for you. That isn't how it works though. And you bragging about it isn't helping anyone.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.