[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some tips on improving this image; I suck with photoshop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: voidmap.jpg (979KB, 4320x2016px) Image search: [Google]
voidmap.jpg
979KB, 4320x2016px
Independent game developer here,

I've been fucking around with photoshop for a few weeks, and decided to take a crack at doing some graphics. The problem is... well, I'm shit at this.

No, this isn't a "fix muh shitty art pls" thread, I'm just looking for some critique and possibly advice to clean things up here.

Here's what I've got so far
>do your worst

What I'm going for;
>Futuristic, sci-fi esque theme
>Something which feels like it's generated by a computer system
>Something less... bleh.

Any advice, tips, critique, or anything of the nature would be really helpful. If I wanted to be complimented and told "oh its good for a beginner" all day, I'd have gone to leddit. I know what I've made is garbage, and I'm hoping that after listening to /gd/, the next iteration will be... less garbage.
>do your worst
>>
>>284871
>>284871
some context would help, what is it for?
to me everything looks bad, the flare in the center, the colors the proportions, too many white circles, the type isn't even readable...
i would start over just try to gather some inspiration and copy the things you like plus try to learn about color theory and composition.

https://google.com/search?q=beeple+crap&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa
>>
File: 0115349.jpg (203KB, 1240x698px) Image search: [Google]
0115349.jpg
203KB, 1240x698px
>>284872
>>
>>284872
What I take from this;
>Warm or cool colors; pick one
>Dim the flare significantly
>Less distortion on text
>Feather the warp links
>Feather the sector markers
>>
>>284874
You see, if I could draw in perspective like this, I wouldn't be here.

I'm just really not down to pay our art guy 400$ for a promotional/inspirational graphic in the pre-kickstarter phase.
>>
>>284874
So I figured out how to do things from a 3D perspective, giving me space to add tags denoting the three security zones in a less cluttered fashion. Going to figure out how to feather the pen tool, and then see what I can do with perspective and glowbrushes over the sector markers.

Never thought of using a 3D perspective, thanks for the bit of inspiration.

>I'm going to be dicking around in photoshop all day, aren't I...
>>
File: tumblr_novwujBOJk1r20fq5o1_1280.jpg (972KB, 1280x1839px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_novwujBOJk1r20fq5o1_1280.jpg
972KB, 1280x1839px
>>284876
>I'm just really not down to pay our art guy 400$ f
check out that guy i posted he upload on his site 3d projects, videos (vj loops) and images that are free to use and modificate as you like i have learned a lot from dissecting his projects.

beeple-crap.com/
>>
>>284883
Those VJ loops are sick. How much time does a guy like that spend on them?
>>
>>284894
dunno probably a few hours there's some projects like the music video for flying lotus and transparent machines that seem like weeks of work but he's been doing 3d works daily for more than 5 years so he knows how to work fast.
>>
File: Voidmapredo.jpg (689KB, 4320x2694px) Image search: [Google]
Voidmapredo.jpg
689KB, 4320x2694px
I'd call this progress.
Not sure precisely what direction to take it in though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.