[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need help deciding which of these is the better option for me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: decisions.jpg (232KB, 979x950px) Image search: [Google]
decisions.jpg
232KB, 979x950px
need help deciding which of these is the better option for me. i need a fully functioning pc that has powerful drawing abilities as well.
after much research and a huge number of other products, i've narrowed it down to just these two.
>>
>>284853
Are you kidding me? The Cintiq's a joke.
>>
File: 1475053467123.png (728KB, 960x776px) Image search: [Google]
1475053467123.png
728KB, 960x776px
>>284862
>>
>>284853
buy a mac. mac is better for design, i don't know why but they say so.
>>
>>284884
Don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>284853
The Surface is the better computer, though still not adequate for desktop standards. The Cintiq Companion is by far the better drawing tool. You're paying up the ass for all that storage, could easily build a better computer and buy a drawing tablet for that price.
>>
>>284891
i had a drawing tablet, but it was stolen. that's why i'm looking for new.

can you elaborate on why it is better, please?
>>
>>284893
The Wacom pen tech is overall better than Microsoft's N-Trig. Better tracking and better pressure sensitivity, tilt sensitivity, no battery. It does have its downsides like some parallax due to the thicker screen.
The Surface has a better, higher resolution display and newer tech. It's also not loud af like the Companion 2. On paper it should perform marginally better, but in either case you're paying a premium for a mobile dual-core CPU.
>>
>>284884
It's only because the Adobe Suite was only available on Mac when it came out, but nowadays PC and Mac are as good as each other for graphic design. Still I prefer Mac, but it's a personal opinion.
>>
>>284853
You're using comic sans ironically right?
>>
>>284853

I own a Cintiq Companion 2 (256GB i7 version) and have to say its pretty good but, in hind sight I would say it would be better to get a Wacom Cintiq 13HD.

Obviously that would mean a capable PC and the 13HD tablet for you.

The companion itself is very good, but a little sluggish at times when I want to work at 2k-4k canvas sizes.
Having the option to plug it into my desktop PC is a good advantage. Giving me the option to work on much higher resolution work.

The next model up would be better if its going to be your only system to work on, since it will have the better graphics card.
>>
>>285351
>2k-4k canvas sizes

Can you explain to me why graphic work demands those sizes now? How big are things going to get within 3 years?

Do all mediums/projects require that kind of working size nowadays?
>>
>>285386
2-4K pixels aren't a lot if you work for print. A standard A4 canvas at 300ppi is close to 2500x3500.
>>
>>285386

As explained in the post above, if you're looking to design at poster size A3+ then you are looking at 3k+ Canvas sizes.

Besides, the tablet runs at 2k resolution, so make the most of all that space it has to offer and to not have pixelated work to look at.
>>
>>285137
He isnt! lmao!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.