[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google's Material Design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Anyone thinks this is the shittiest attempt at a design language?
>>
File: BotnetCEO.jpg (322KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
BotnetCEO.jpg
322KB, 1024x717px
What did you expect from Pajeets? Just look at design works from India. It looks absolutely disgusting for us, Westerners. Meanwhile, what you posted looks amazing for their culture. Either way, I can't wait for this meme to end already. Every newbie can call themselves a designer nowadays with a shitty illustration done in one minute. As much as I don't like Apple's shilling strategies, their UI is eons over Google.
>>
>>284311
Op here, I'm a Pajeet and I agree. There are really good designers in India but are suppressed by faggots like Sundar Pichar.

Also the ones who migrate to California or U.S in general are the insecure types who just "study" for certifications to earn in your currency

I am seriously upset that you guys don't do shit about getting rid of Pichar or that H1B visa
>>
File: 1469711952841.gif (122KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469711952841.gif
122KB, 500x330px
>>284302
>expecting people to understand that different people has different tastes and opinions.
>bandwagoning on material hate yet they couldnt do a design language half this good.

what a time to be alive
>>
>>284312
>There are really good designers in India
I know. I've seen a few good shots on Dribbble with only a couple hundred views, while others have thousands even though they're bland. There are many talented people in China as well. Some case studies on Behance outclass many famous North American """designers""". And I'm sure they work for a fraction of what a Bay Area employee would get.
>>
>>284316
can you post some examples? I'm curious
>>
>>284326
I didn't hit the like button on them, and I can't find them in history anymore, but here are some good styles which imitate Western design.
https://dribbble.com/shots/2890992-Space-Things
This guy copies what's hot right now: https://dribbble.com/shots/2723364-Landing-profile-page
These ones are very well made:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/41128069/NEXT-Music-Player
https://www.behance.net/gallery/35452259/D-D-Play
>>
>>284332
thanks. that DD play seems really cool, would probably work well for a lockscreen type of purpose.
do you perhaps know what software is used to create these pieces? I'm trying to branch out in graphic design, would love to develop some interactive elements
>>
>>284336
Blender, Maya, 3ds Max.
>>
>>284338
that's the character models. what I mean is the software used to create interactive interfaces like the NEXT showcases in its videos. basically just the UI design
>>
>>284339
That ui design is just a concept, I'm pretty sure. So it was likely just animated in after effects.
>>
>>284341
alright, thanks!
>>
File: Conqureor-w24xh32-sadhu[1].jpg (473KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Conqureor-w24xh32-sadhu[1].jpg
473KB, 900x1200px
>>284326
Santosh "Paddy" Padhi
http://www.desicreative.com/santosh-padhi-ccochairmanpartner-taproot-india/

http://2007.liaentries.com/winners/?id_medium=8&id_category=0&view=details&range=w&page=53&keyword=&medium=&category=&award=&country=&title_brand=&credits=&company_name=&city=

http://www.adeevee.com/2008/10/luxor-writing-instruments-highlighters-luxor-posters-design/
http://www.adeevee.com/aimages/200810/11/luxor-writing-instruments-highlighters-luxor-posters-design-194776-adeevee.jpg
He did this when he was a Creative Director in Leo Burnett Mumbai, India

This guy is worshiped by Advertising folks around the world
I had an opportunity to work with him, but he's extremely intimidating.

He apparently cares a fuck about what you did, but is more interested in what you're doing now. If he's hiring Art guys he asks you to show a sketchbook instead of a portfolio

He's started as an Artist, he's been in India all his life. He has a company that was acquired by Dentsu Japan and is a millionaire now.

Now compare him to Google's Pajeet CEO who did the textbook engineering then go to Murica and get an MBA like mommy said and has a wife who is only with him for a green card

This ain't sour grapes, just letting you know that the Indians who are America are spineless and insecure
>>
File: memento-22.jpg (96KB, 1364x580px) Image search: [Google]
memento-22.jpg
96KB, 1364x580px
^
>>
MD when executed well presents a decent framework.

Apps like Inbox and Plaid demonstrate this very well. Most of google's other apps come across as half-baked.

(Un)fortunately it also makes it very easy for third party programmers and engineers to shit out functional, but incredibly uninspired interfaces.
>>
>>284367
>Now compare him to Google's Pajeet CEO who did the textbook engineering then go to Murica and get an MBA like mommy said and has a wife who is only with him for a green card
Maybe you were a bit harsh with your judgement there, but do you think that's inherently a bad thing? I live in another third world country and often times I think of emigrating to a developed nation as well—even though I know that's not going to happen right now, since my skills are sub par. But when life keeps throwing lemons at you, all of a sudden you view your opportunities in a different manner. When you never had much to begin with, abandoning your homeland instead of fixing it is easier, knowing very well that your life is finite, so you try to do what seems to be the best for yourself, your future career, your financial security; ultimately, your physical confort.
>>
>>284302
it was pretty cool when they first implemented it. After a few weeks it was shitty
>>
it's apparently supposed to be 'modern' and 'stylish', even though it looks like they spend so little time on it.
>>
>>284379
>even though it looks like they spend so little time on it

Actually that's kind of the point. The guidelines provided are supposed to be easy to follow and simple so that any software engineer could into it. Many apps are made by small studios made up entirely of programmers with no budget for design. Material design being clean, simple, modern, and easy to follow with with clear logical goals allows pretty much anyone to design nice looking apps around it without having to fuss too much. These simple guidelines also promote visual continuity among native and non-native apps. As designers it's easy to pick it apart and be critical of it, and rightfully so because it's pretty much made to bypass or subvert our jobs.

I'll say this tho: going back to the way things were before, for every well designed skeumorphic app interface there were at least a dozen shitty ones. And they all tended to clash with one another visually which breaks the illusion of rhythm of the user experience.
>>
>>284372
>(Un)fortunately it also makes it very easy for third party programmers and engineers to shit out functional, but incredibly uninspired interfaces.
This. Material Design is perfect when done right. Easy to understand and fun to use but most programmers think they know how to design apps and it turns out to be shit.
>>
I hate Material Design. This "paper" idea is just a peace of shit.

I use it on Hackathons only to dont waste time designing UI.
>>
A few years before Material Design, back when app design was still the wild west and there were no generally accepted standards, I did a comp for some social app that was essentially MD. It was based paper elements covering other paper, had floating action buttons, bright bold color palette, etc. etc. The client hated it and called me a retarded faggot (in business terms of course). Now Google designers are probably making deep six figures to make this bullshit.
>>
File: 1473875204122.jpg (86KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
1473875204122.jpg
86KB, 500x746px
>>284426
>i cant wrap my head around this concept therefore its shit.

kill yourself my man.
>>
>>284387
This
+10
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.