[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portfolio thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1434734828543.jpg (67KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1434734828543.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
Post your portfolio!

Just redid mine, would appreciate some feedback:
https://www.behance.net/jeroenhoppenbrouwers
>>
>>282729
That profile picture looks like it's from the 50's
>>
Anyone got any suggestions for portfolio websites other than behance or dribble? Been checking a few out but I can't find one that I like.

>Squarespace
Basic plans are too limited for the high price.
>Format.com
Too few templates and complicated interface.
>Semplicelabs.com
No free trial or monthly subscriptions makes it too risky to even check out.
>>
>>282753
cargo collective?
>>
>>282757
You need to "Apply for an account" ? and it doesn't list pricing anywhere I believe.. is it actually decent?
>>
>>282753
What's wrong with behance?
>>
>>282787
Behance is fine in addition to a personal website. It's much better and more professional to have your own domain and a site where you can also include a blog/shop/exhibitions/etc.
>>
File: a.png (7KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
7KB, 500x501px
http://andis.work

My entry-level web design portfolio.
>>
>>282789
Do you make decent money selling those templates?
>>
>>282793
The whole purpose of creating these portfolio pieces was to find a job.

I don't consider these templates worth much money, skill and detail, so I don't sell them. These are basically the very first webpages I've designed and coded on my own.

I'm currently in a process of finding full-time a job and it's mildly successful. My current potential employer will be preparing a demo project for me till Thursday.
>>
Have you guys ever received any commissions from Behance or Dribbble? My Behance is not updated and I've only recently joined Dribbble. I keep postponing building my personal website, but I was considering using Webflow, at least until I learn JS. jQuery and some more advanced CSS.
>>
Good template, but flat design are really unoriginal
>>
>>282795
They look good! Good luck with the demo!
>>
>>282753
Just build your own. There are a lot of Wordpress themes you can use even if you don't know shit about web design.
>>
>>282807
>actually earning money from gd
>>
>>282753
I'd just say learn to code your own. Once you learn the basics of HTML5, and CSS, it's a breeze. Best part of designing your own website, is that the site itself is a portfolio piece.
>>
>>282753
I'd say go with WordPress. But a domain, hosting, and most hosting companies have a super easy one click install. Find a nice responsive theme with a portfolio plugin and your good to go.

I took mine a step further and installed WP-Invoice and use it for sending clients invoices right through my web site. It uses PayPal to process the checkout but it's cool because my clients automatically get a client login to my web site where they can see all their previous invoices and what they included. Plus I put the download links in there for them to download their assets from my Dropbox.

I also added some other stuff in the dashboard for myself to stay organized and keep track of projects and to-do lists, but from the front end my web site is simply a resume and portfolio with PDF download links.

That's what I like about WordPress, you can use it in its simplest form or add to it and tailor it for your needs.
>>
>>283252
HTML & CSS alone will make it look basic af. Static websites don't draw attention, no matter how good they're designed. You won't get far without some JS interaction. And yes, you can do some minimal animations in CSS, but that is advanced level and you won't master it in one week.
>>
>>282758
i think the "application" is just there to scare off people who would create a random, non-creative-arts site. i applied a few years ago and got accepted immediately. haven't used it yet though.
pricing is a bit hidden, it can be found on the support pages:
support.cargocollective.com/customer/en/portal/articles/724224-site-upgrades

if you're not into fancy show-off websites like me, cargo could be a decent alternative.
>>
Would appreciate some feedback too!
I'm studying graphic design and searching for an internship, what should i improve/add to draw more attention?
https://www.behance.net/rodrigo_bento
>>
>>282729
Ziet er mooi uit, Jeroen <3
>>
>>282753

why do people use 'behance or dribble' is it because they are literally to retarded to throw up a site of their own or because there is some benefit, like industry hiring people from there or something?

srsly, it just seems like a big sign saying "i'm too stupid to code my own basic layout with images and text so don't bother hiring me even though that's why i expect you to hire me"

or am i missing something?
>>
>>284351
In order to develop it on your own, you need to have a good grasp on the practice of web development. Otherwise, with only general knowledge found on the Internet, it will look horrible; and in fact, it might hinder your expected results, making you look like a novice, rather than just uploading the content to an online platform. However, if you want to make it look professional and not a Squarespace copy, it might take you over a year to learn it from zero, when all you know is how to bold text in HTML. Some people are too old and don't have the necessary time on their hands to role-play as a student again. The modern age is ruthless.
>>
>>282788
You can upload your projects to behance , and if you have an Adobe subscription account you can simply create a portfolio page with the projects on behance take a look https://www.myportfolio.com/
>>
>>282753
what about adobe's myportfolio?
>>
>>282789
You spelled opportunity wrong
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.