[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I really dont know shit about printing but I invested in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
so I really dont know shit about printing but I invested in this printer(pic related) because of the reviews it got but to me it looks no different than any other printer ive used quality wise.

am I doing something wrong with printing? I print everything at 150 resolution but is there other settings I can use to optimize my print outs to the fullest? any help would be highly appreciated.
>>
also is it possible to print things without a white trim around them? as in, print them out to the size of the entire page? I tried borderless printing but had no luck.
>>
Did you install the drivers?
Are all of your photos/documents in CMYK?
Are you printing on good quality paper?
Are you actually selecting the proper paper type in print settings?
Are your application print settings conflicting with the driver settings?
Have you cleaned/aligned your printheads?

There are honestly so many factor in print that it's hard to really tell you what you're doing wrong, if you're even doing anything wrong at all. It's not an exact science, even the most expensive printers on the market will print the exact same picture slightly differently each time.

Also, check the features on your printer. Unless it explicitly says you can print borderless, checking the box won't actually do anything.
>>
>>281959

Did you install the drivers?
yeah
Are all of your photos/documents in CMYK?
yeah
Are you printing on good quality paper?
eh i mean its card stock but regular paper yields the same results
Are you actually selecting the proper paper type in print settings?
this could be the issue because it defaults to glossy no matter what. if im using regular stock paper the option for it is greyed out
Are your application print settings conflicting with the driver settings?
in terms of settings like bleed? its possible. I always use a 0p9 bleed which shouldnt be an issue because its industry standard isnt it?
Have you cleaned/aligned your printheads?
yeah. just recently in fact

it does say i can print borderless and ive seen people print borderless in reviews for this specific model. I found the setting for it but it crops and rescales whatever im trying to print to a smaller size. ive tried playing around with any settings i can find and it still gives the same results.

im honestly just trying to avoid having to trim white edges off every document i ever print because its a time consuming pain in the ass
>>
>>281960
>this could be the issue because it defaults to glossy no matter what. if im using regular stock paper the option for it is greyed out

Sounds likely. Not all paper types are compatible with all settings, so if you're trying to print borderless it may only be available on, for example, HP and Canon photo papers.

Of course you can bypass this by just setting a different paper type, but then you might run into bleeding, colour accuracy and all the issues that can come with that.
>>
>>281955
No, It's not.
When you want an entire page printed, you need:
A+ paper format
Bleed on your document
A paper guillotine

You print the thing and cut the edges around it and you have a "entire page" print. That's how things work
>>
>>281953
>I print everything at 150 resolution
300 dpi is really the minimum. The printer can probably do much higher, too.
>>
>>281970

alright, as long as I know I have no choice I can suck it up and deal with it. ive been cutting white trim off pages for years now anyway so I'll live.

it just confused me because ive seen people printing without white trim in review videos but when I try to print borderless it just crops the size of the document to new dimensions to the middle of the page. though the entire page prints i saw were on special types of paper so maybe that was it.

>>281971
I knew 300 was max but I thought 150-300 was okay? Maybe I should alter my methods.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.