[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTIONS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 95

for all your questions that do not deserve their own thread
>>
File: expl.png (74KB, 1024x519px) Image search: [Google]
expl.png
74KB, 1024x519px
in AE I want to create a path on the vertical plane of a 3D layer that moves backwards, and I want an object (smiley) to move along one axis, intersecting with the path (moving right and left only). basically like tracking Y on a continuous sinewave.

the path is not linear/repeating and I need it done for more than one smiley, which is why I don't want to keyframe everything.

how do I go about doing this? I know you can paste a path into the position of the object, but not how to restrict the axis.
ideally the smiley stays in 2D, but 3D is also fine.
>>
>>281624
not a 100% sure what you mean but if you was just to draw the path 2d. then make the layer 3d and rotate it would that not work?
>>
File: sine_wave.gif (109KB, 360x140px) Image search: [Google]
sine_wave.gif
109KB, 360x140px
>>281643
it's like pic related. I want to define the path (and put a stroke on it, it needs to be visible), and have the pencil move on one axis intersecting with the path.
>>
>>281646
ah fuck yeh like a lie detector.

ah I dunno man thats gonna be some expression stuff. good luck. post if you figure it out
>>
>>281624
>which is why I don't want to keyframe everything.
animate one null and use the pick whip tool or expressions.

on yt search for ecabrahams ae tutorials (specially the camera one and also one called connect dots good for learning about expressions)
>>
File: Capture.png (1KB, 153x157px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1KB, 153x157px
That small target in the middle of every selected layer in Photoshop, what's it called? I don't know it's purpose either. It always gets in my way when I want to select layers and move them. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>281708
Sorry, it should be "its". Damn it.
>>
>>281708
Anchor point? Rotate anchor? I forget. You can move it and then when you use the rotate tool, it'll pivot around that point.
>>
>>281708
>>281712
Pretty sure it's anchor point yeah
>>
what happened to font share threads
>>
>>281738
never mind I'm an idiot
>>
File: miid_old.png (1MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
miid_old.png
1MB, 3200x2400px
how are UI/UX designers different than typical graphic designers/desktop publishers? do they need a similar skill set to web developers?

for example, I see things like this on dribbble by "UI/UX designers" and it looks like just simple layouts created with illustrator or photoshop, so is much coding/scripting knowledge is actually required?
>>
>>281743
Coding not required. Dribbble only shows the sexy side of UI. There is a lot of work in UI design before getting to the interface at an aesthetic level. It requires understanding of behaviors, patterns, efficiency, information flow. Some firms may even have a UI department that's separate from the "visual" designers. Those folks can do things like product architecture, wireframes, user paths, research, testing, etc and may not even have typography or color theory training at all.
>>
>>281743
General overview is UX is about how using a product feels, where UI is how a product looks. Neither need code.
>>
File: lacucaracha.gif (7KB, 598x201px) Image search: [Google]
lacucaracha.gif
7KB, 598x201px
I'm a composer trying to develop a system of graphical notation for a kind of composed improv, as oxymoronic as that sounds (and is).

This system of notation will be based on motifs, noticeable reoccurring patterns in the music that are manipulated and reshaped as the music goes on (e.g. the famous "DA DA DA DAAAAAA", Beethoven's Fifth). The horizontal axis of the notation will almost certainly denote time somehow. The vertical axis will probably represent pitch, I'm less certain of that. In the corner there'll be a key (as in, the map kind of "key") where I write the starting motif(s) in traditional Western notation, labeled motifs A, B, so on. In the plot of the notation, motifs will be depicted as geometric shapes labeled with their letters. These geometric shapes represent the motifs as they occur in the performer's improvisation - how, how much and how quickly they change from the original.

This is all in the planning stage, and there are still several things I haven't figured out how to represent (or even whether I should represent them - this is supposed to be augmented improv after all). For example, very often in improv you'll hear a new motif being born almost out of chaos, unrelated to previous motifs - it just happens, the improviser hears it and decides to play with it some more, and now you have a new motif. This occurrence is almost ubiquitous in free improv, yet currently I have no way of representing this.

So my question that doesn't merit its own thread is:
Is this /gd/ related? If not where should I ask about this? I was thinking probably /sci/, but I thought I'd ask here first since this is the Graphic Design board.
>>
>>281712
Not the anon asking this but thanks for clearing that up

Does anyone have any good tutorials or books on how to get good with photoshop? I can work with curves and lighting and such but I still feel lost using it at times. I want to learn and get good at it but I don't know where to start.
>>
>>281766
digital tutors has "pathways" you can follow
>>
File: skærmbillede.png (116KB, 2562x2102px) Image search: [Google]
skærmbillede.png
116KB, 2562x2102px
made a colorscheme for a web-project.
how'd ya'll like em?
>>
>>281748
I know it's impatient of me to bump my question so soon, but I figured a much, much simpler way to ask.

Are infographics, data visualization and such /gd/ related? Or /sci/ related?
>>
>>281794
oh you
>>
Calling Yuropoor designer, especially germans

Got an offer for 2 years at 2750 a month with a 2000 euro signing bonus.

Reasonable salary?
>>
>>281798
yes they are /gd/ however they aren't really popular for some reason (probably because you need a lot of skills to design a good one)

archived.moe/gd/thread/196298
archived.moe/gd/thread/21971
>>
>>281807
some links worth checking out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMFgS6w3BY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQZKs75RMqM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zg-C8AAIGg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCQ9VAjyhok

http://www.vizbi.org/
http://www.visualcomplexity.com/vc/
>>
>>281766
try with this
https://m.youtube.com/user/BHPhotoVideoProAudio/search?query=photoshop

i have learned a lot from those vids they're lectures about photomanipulation and professional retouching aswell as photoshop beginner's guides and top ps features (search for the talk from the guy who worked at the olympics) they also have seminars on photography, composition etc which can be really useful on this field.
>>
I'm kinda new to Premiere Pro (moved from Sony Vegas because it's a piece of shit), and this transition issue is pissing me off. Basically, some clips dont want transitions added to them, I simply cant drop the transition onto the end, if theres another clip straight after it. Why does this happen? It's super annoying. If I am going to add the transition it gets added between the two clips, which isnt what I want.

How do I into this shit?
>>
>>281811
I fucked around with it and it seems like I can actually add a crossfade only to the end but ONLY if the clips arent actually together on the timeline.

Is it really supposed to be like this? It's just extremely fucking annoying to work with
>>
>>281812
>>281811
Another thing that annoys me to no end is that it is seemingly impossible to ripple move clips forward, creating a gap between the clip in question and the previous one. Everything I've tried just ripple trims the clip. Are these basic functions really not implemented?
>>
>>281813
have you tried after effects? im no expert on premiere but ae is usually the one to go when working on transitions, fades and such.
>>
>>281820
Yes I use it but that isnt a solution. The problem is, you can put in transitions in premiere but for some fucking reason some clips dont want transitions to be added.
>>
>>281807
>>281809
Thanks, this is great stuff.
>>
File: image.png (63KB, 1156x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63KB, 1156x786px
Can I manually position my bottom margin, or at least align it from the top of my document? I am setting up an A4 grid and in order to have it match up with my lines I need to put in decimals, and I can't get it perfect. bottom align is retarded.
>>
How do i screen replace a tv without greenscreen that has obstructions in a video. Hope i worded that right
>>
>>281969
Uh... What? Do you wanna replace the tv image in a video?
>>
File: plakat.jpg (4MB, 5917x9380px) Image search: [Google]
plakat.jpg
4MB, 5917x9380px
so I made this "poster" and I want to know what do you think overall?
and do you recommend any other font or should i edit my typography differently?
>>
I ran out of financial aid and had to drop out without a solid understanding of InDesign. I want to work in UI/UX design.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>281998
straight up, its terrible.

but I can tell your a beginner. Nearly everyone starts with getting a photo, poorly tracing it and doing some good old standard brush coloring.

the type, go much simpler. Its tempting to use something "designery" but even Arial would look better. The stylised S in that font looks dumb.

You need to work on your illustration skills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOX9nQgXus

or use a more basic art style until you can draw better.

>>281969
Mocha or even the corner pin tracker in AE

>>281999
everything you need to learn is on the internet. Get a digital tutors account
>>
>>281999
every cunt can learn indesign.
>>
File: 2.png (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
7KB, 200x200px
Anybody here familiar with Adobe Muse? I'm trying to make a portfolio but it's giving me a really hard time to work with the lightboxes it provides, help would be really appreciated.
>>
File: luffy multxplie.jpg (113KB, 654x594px) Image search: [Google]
luffy multxplie.jpg
113KB, 654x594px
why does the text look so blurry
>>
File: Capture.png (598KB, 2215x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
598KB, 2215x1038px
>>282033
because it literally is. zoom in and youl see it.

the bad gradient doesnt help
>>
>>281975
Yes exactly sorry I worded that poorly.
I want to put another video on the tv
>>
>>281999
lol UI/UX designers don't use indesign
>>
>>282049
Use After Effects and then mask the TV area and keyframe it I guess is one way to do that.
>>
File: Wikipedia.png (218KB, 1334x896px) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia.png
218KB, 1334x896px
How can I fix this?
>>
>>282086
select all set stroke to 0.
>>
File: iamretardeddess.jpg (318KB, 1857x1076px) Image search: [Google]
iamretardeddess.jpg
318KB, 1857x1076px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_pEXs7t_Y
How do I get the smart guides like in 0:46? When I use smart guide, the line only appears when the layer is already centered and the line goes from the center of the image to the anchor point of the selected layer.
I have the feeling the solution is super simple and i'm just retarded.
>>
>>282360
>view, magnetic, document borders
or something like that. do you have CC?
>>
>>282364
I did View>Snap>Document borders but that didn't help.
I'm using CC.
>>
Anyone got tips on using Adobe illustrator? Know any good tutorials? I'm gonna need to master it, specifically learning to get real good with the pen tool
>>
>>282524
just learn the basics and start making your own projects. for mastering the pen tool you'll need to trace drawings and images and calligraphy/lettering aswell as learning all the shortcuts (protip: reassign the ones you use the most) there's a good book called illustrator classroom in a book. for tutorials go with your gut i've seen tutorials with an awful indian accent that has teach me things i didn't know and others longer than 30 mins were i knew everything already (i actually paid for an online training but they only show me the basics and i didn't upgrade for the "advanced" class)
>>
File: the-loud-house-post.jpg (587KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
the-loud-house-post.jpg
587KB, 960x540px
I want to make a 2d cartoon and want to know what I need to draw and animate them. Right now I am completely ignorant on what to do. I can't draw in real life or on computer but I will learn that but I just need to know what I should have to be able to have a cartoon that looks like loud house (not exactly like it but for reference)
>>
>>282623

purely my opinion, but here's what you should learn and in what order:

learn to draw on paper. the nice thing about cartoons is you do have more wiggle room to break away from realism, so body parts and proportions can be obscure and non traditional if you like but you still should have a basic idea on how to draw them properly even if you only want to draw cartoons.

learn adobe illustrator. don't draw directly in adobe illustrator when it comes to shapes and forms because you're going to limit yourself on the quality and since you're just learning illustrator chances are you're going to be fighting the pen tool a lot in the beginning as is.

learn adobe flash. it isn't too difficult to learn. based on having prior knowledge and experience in illustrator I was able to learn to make flash animations within a month or so. there's actually a method in adobe illustrator where if you sequence your characters motions into layers then allign them all on top of each other, you can import the file into flash and sepearte them and add timing in between each layer so it animates it for you. its been over a year since I played around with that so it may be more advanced or there may be a better option now but flash has a lot of options. again, somebody may come in here and say its shit and you should use this instead and they may be right but this is all just based on how I'd approach it if i was in your shoes. its going to involve a lot of studying up and reading but if you really want to make good animations as a result then it will definitely be worth it.
>>
>>282637
thank you, I don't plan on making my dream cartoon right off the bat. I'll probably do years of side shit till I get to the look I want
>>
>>282623

that show that says "boopers" on the opening sequence? that's a bullshit show, i recommend Gumball as a good start because the creators incorporate tons of flat imagery + 3D shit that eventually appears as "flat" animation.

it seems rather infantile, but is a really neat way to imitate and incorporate your own photography/3D stuff/flat Flash animation/average voice overs as a beginning reference.

the show is quite successful, humorous in many ways to a visually-oriented audience.

i love the style clashes. they may use Blender, Flash, + whatever the hell they want.

experiment, don't let that "Boopers" loud house show style burden you.
>>
>>282655
>that show that says "boopers" on the opening sequence? that's a bullshit show
haha I only used that show as an example in animation. The humor wont be like it.
Also, when I become good at animating and drawing I hope to get my own style so don't worry about that.
>>
>>282637
Also, I looked into Adobe Flash and couldn't find anything for Mac. Do you mean Adobe Animate CC? Or will I have to get Windows and use Adobe Flash Pro?
>>
File: P_RefPointLocator5_22x22_N.png (2KB, 22x21px) Image search: [Google]
P_RefPointLocator5_22x22_N.png
2KB, 22x21px
So I was working with Adobe Illustrator and I noticed pic related was missing. I cannot put to scale anymore. How do I fix this?
>>
>>282524
Can anyone tell my where to find a link to download Illustrator for mac, not the 30 days version ?
This is not for a commercial purpose, only to learn and discover.
>>
File: photoshop.png (151KB, 928x601px) Image search: [Google]
photoshop.png
151KB, 928x601px
>>282811
Look up Ching Liu on pirate Bay. He has a bunch of torrents. I haven't tried it myself but in another thread some guy recommended him and he does have a mac torrent for Illustrator.
>>
>>282811
>>282817
Also, I looked through the comments and say that someone complained that he's getting a 30-day trial message.
But someone else named KoRnReApEr made a comment that includes something about a cracked folder and firewall and it sounds like that will stop the 30-day trial messages so give his comment a try
>>
>>282817
>>282818
Thank you, i'll try.
>>
File: 1465099211009.jpg (79KB, 604x460px) Image search: [Google]
1465099211009.jpg
79KB, 604x460px
So I shit up my Intuos Pro's pen after like a week of use. Just got a replacement pen, but it's a cheaper version. How do I start using it? Or is the tablet just supposed to automatically sense it?

Because if it IS supposed to, then I'm screwed because it ISN'T. I had a feeling this might happen. Is the "Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190k) just no compatible with the Intuos Pro tablet?
>>
I'm new to photoshop, how do you make an image appear behind another? to specify, if I were to input a picture of a man and a picture of a building (that already has a background) how could I make it so that the man was infront of the background but behind the building? Thanks.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 423x338px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 423x338px
>>281623
I want to know how to extend the background of this picture in Photoshop, I can do it in paint, but I have no idea how to do it in PS since I imported it as a layer/picture and not a background.
>>
>>282889
Image>canvas size

>>282869
>duplicate the layer with the background
>select the building and erase everything else from one of the layers
> place the layers in this order: bg, man, building

>>282844
you are screwed. all of the components are on the pen, the tablet is just a fancy sensor.
>>
File: 1463263448133.jpg (40KB, 583x616px) Image search: [Google]
1463263448133.jpg
40KB, 583x616px
Im a Junior Designer on a big ad agency, and Im getting wacked from my job in 5 days.. wat do?
>>
>>282897
ask for a raise
>>
File: XqRhxDs.jpg (67KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
XqRhxDs.jpg
67KB, 600x494px
>>282897
I know this is gd related but it seems more like a business question. I guess my unqualified advice would be to do commissions because I also don't know about gd jobs but I'm guessing those jobs are hard to get.
>>
>>282704
bumping this question, I can't find an answer anywhere and I need to fix it.
>>
>>282905
Reset the workspace to the default one
>>
>>282910
Did that ctrl+shift+alt thing and it didn't worked.
How do I do that?
>>
>>282899
Will do..worst case scenario they'll just say no.

>>282903
working on comissions in a /ic/ or deviantart way is not an option. Not after having a real job and getting a taste of actual /gd/ and advertising jobs.
>>
File: right there.png (16KB, 379x294px) Image search: [Google]
right there.png
16KB, 379x294px
>>282912
you know you can use google for this shit right?
it will be faster than waiting for /gd/ to reply
>>
"Why?"

As a pretty noobish student, I have consistently worked under "accomplish logo/poster/whatever for this" which had a specific target in mind, so I am being asked to explore a subject of choosing and come up with researchable components and I am drawing blanks. How do I determine what I want to convey if I have no idea?
>>
>>282950
Considering I don't know how those things are called, it's hard to google it.
Also your pic doesn't work too.
>>
I was just wondering if anyone knew where pixeldesign.com.ua went? Does anyone also know any file sharing sites with a lot of graphics (not fonts) from creativemarket.com?
>>
How do you guys deal with people stealing/editing your shit and posting it on other places?

I'm not trying to act like I'm famous or anything, or even well lauded, I just have a lot of people stealing my shit and fucking it up.

I make wallpapers and other shit like that, and I always find people making shitty edits and variants without my permission.
I have the proper copyright information and such on my page, and I specifically forbid any alterations or other edits without my knowledge. I'm not trying to be an asshole about it, I just want my work to be consistent and not have 100 versions that others have made floating about. It looks bad on me if the shit looks terrible.

I've tried telling them what they've done wrong, and not to do the shit again, but I don't really have the heart to tell them to take it down. Not in public anyway (I don't want to ruin my reputation).

Most of the time people find the shit from a quick google search and that's it. They don't even bother looking for the source to see if this kind of shit is legal. I don't want to resort to using watermarks, because it messes up a good wallpaper.
>>
>>283121
think about every time you've used an image from google
>>
>>283121
Let them. It's just a fucking jpeg, they're not keying your car.
>>
>>283088
nitrogfx, psdkeys, rutracker...
>>
File: dime.jpg (207KB, 1013x1280px) Image search: [Google]
dime.jpg
207KB, 1013x1280px
>>281623
Is it worth it to buy the $50/month Adobe all apps membership? Or should I stick to Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC for $10/month. Mainly going to be using this for logo creation. Have never done graphics design before
>>
File: 1920-1080.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1920-1080.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
anybody knows how is this 3d object rotating in space while being an equalizer is called ? ODESZA has it in his videos and it looks pretty nice. im presumin it is done in AE, but i have no clue how the effect or thing is called. any tuts / help ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np-MguHafE0

pic related
>>
>>283088
cgpeers (registration opens tomorrow)

>>283198
>Is it worth it to buy the $50/month Adobe all apps membership?
No when you can torrent it for free

>Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC
>for logo creation
You should be using Illustrator for this
>>
>>283208
Yes, that's made in AE and it's called audio-react. You will find lots of tutorials online.
I like using Trapcode Form for those.
>>
>>283210
thanks !

but how is the rotating 3D hexagon done/called ?
>>
I can't wrap my head around GIMP. am i just wasting my time?

I want to learn to "photoshop" images but every time i try and follow a tutorial they have all their shit already the perfect size or color, or they just resize a background and add text. fucking worthless.

I'm just getting really frustrated trying to learn this and feel I should just pony up and buy the photoshop so i can get some actual quality lessons.
>>
>>283216

why not just get a trial version of photoshop. you can learn a shit load in 30 days in photoshop then if you enjoy it and want to keep going, buy it. I think its only 20 bucks a month. if you want to use it in the future and actually get into this field consider it an investment and you'll feel better about spending money.
>>
>>283221
Trial version may work. Im just not keen on renting their software. GIMP seemed like a good way to get the basics down, but its proving to be impossible to work with wirhout filters and non destructive editing.
>>
File: Putin.jpg (96KB, 991x679px) Image search: [Google]
Putin.jpg
96KB, 991x679px
>>283221
OR TORRENT, FAGGOT.
>>
File: Image 001.png (4KB, 363x177px) Image search: [Google]
Image 001.png
4KB, 363x177px
>>283152
>think about every time you've used an image from google

Pic related.
That's how I do it.

>Let them. It's just a fucking jpeg, they're not keying your car.

They might as well be. What's the point of having copyright laws if people think they can pick and choose when they want to ignore them? If I refuse the right for people to edit my work, then that should be the end of it.

Then again, I probably asked this on the wrong board. Considering a lot of gd is using and editing. There's a creation aspect, but I don't think gd has to worry about copyright infringement from the creator side a lot of the time.
>>
Kind of an odd question, but I've got nowhere else to go so bear with me.
I work at a print shop as a prepress editor, so my skillset mostly deals with technical problems. But every now and then I'm asked to design something from scratch, and it turns out my creativity level is shit. So, any advice on some basic reading to address this problem? Like what defines good and bad design, how to formulate the general idea behind what you're doing and so on.
>>
So this is gonna be a fucking retarded question but ive never actually printed any of my designs before and I need to do so for a class. Where can I get a print for a poster I made done? Does the UPS or Fedex stores do that kind of stuff or do I have to go somewhere specific for prints?

TY in advance for info
>>
>>283482
Depends on what you want printed. For a one-off poster sized image, look for a place that advertises "Large Format printing".

Usually, the speedy sign shops can do this. Sometimes places like Kinkos, VistaPrints or Staples have a large format printer.
>>
>>283482
Your school doesn't have decent printers? Seems kinda odd.

UPS store definitely does printing. Friend of mine works at my local one and he's constantly bitching to me about stupid clients and print stuff.
>>
>>281794
I bet you to turn our phone's brightness to the lowest and look at that scheme, then you'll realize why it sucks.
>>
File: stormtrooper2_dribbble.png (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper2_dribbble.png
57KB, 800x600px
>>281623
those blood marks on this helmet, is there a name for those type of style? using those long and rounded rectangles. I guess it came from the material design?
>>
>>283612
>I guess it came from the material design
what in the world make you think that
>>
I'm not the most gifted person at photoshop, but would it be a challenging task to change someone's skin color from let's say. White to mexican and then edit their facial features. Would this be that hard of a task?
>>
File: Ra Razorbliss.jpg (40KB, 535x307px) Image search: [Google]
Ra Razorbliss.jpg
40KB, 535x307px
A signature of sorts to put on the side of my drawings?
It's Ra or Pa in Cyrillic coming from Razorbliss or Razorbliss Arts
>>
>>283631
what do you guys think of it, suggest improvements please
>>
>>283632
make the pen a little more detailed (i couldn't recognized it until i zoomed in) remove the shadows and convert the whole thing into vectors.

>>283629
not really but you'll need experience. try learning about color range selection/feather, hue/saturation tool, blending modes, opacity/layers/eraser and maybe get pictures of mexicans and blend it smoothly on top of the one you want to change.
>>
Where is the Bone Tool in Flash?
Been a while since I used it, but that was really useful.
>>
File: 13.jpg (22KB, 787x347px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
22KB, 787x347px
>Working at p. big furniture company.
>Gig is mostly /gd/ for newsletters, ads, website
>HR lady (nightmare) starts showing interest in my habilities
>been having less work, need practice with indesign
>mightbecool.jpg
>ask people to submit recipes and pictures
>people starts sending me foodpics and recipes
>HR lady sends mass e-mail saying that we want pictures of PEOPLE not food
>Tell her we should have pictures of food on a fucking cookbook
>"I think that the people are more important here :)"
>Need to put together a cookbook with over 50 recipes and ID badge tier photos

What should I shoot myself with? I've been thinking about a .45 for that there size, but I think a HP 9mm would leave a nice, even pattern on the office ceiling.
>>
>>281623
what is the best color laser printer for printing work from illustrator or photoshop? or I should still stick with inkjet but get a more expensive ones? I'm using the Brother MFC-J870DW. the color printed out are really pale and faded out even the ink are full.
>>
>>283713
You might want to try growing some balls and stand up to her
>>
File: ahri_final_lr_by_artgerm-d86qlz2.jpg (415KB, 657x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ahri_final_lr_by_artgerm-d86qlz2.jpg
415KB, 657x1000px
How do I crop a 2560x1080 to 1920x1080 in photoshop CC?
>>
What's a good, modern-looking font I can use as body copy for something like an annual report?
>>
>>284103
File > new
make it 1920x1080

Copy and paste your picture in
resize
>>
>>284164
Futura
>>
>>281811
>>281812
This shit happened to a me lot.
Read carefully: be fucking sure there is enough footage to let the transition be available.
Otherwise, try trimming (C) parts, nesting...
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 960x640px
Can someone separate the two images overplayed?
>>
>>284178
>>284103
Excuse me I never added the word Video
>>
File: background.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
I'm trying to make a background from a photo but I can only get a small section of it to use, so I tried copy and pasting a few times but wound up with this. What tool can I use to make the color even or get rid of the areas that are obviously different without messing up the lines?
>>
File: 512.png (38KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
512.png
38KB, 512x512px
I need some views on my app logo. Its an anonymous network.
>>
How does one Photoshop a pattern onto a stuffed animal and make it look like it was there in the first place?
>>
>>284764
displacement maps and or transform/perspective
>>
File: Image 001.png (1MB, 1881x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Image 001.png
1MB, 1881x1039px
I've found a few artbooks on the web, but they're individual images. I'd like to bring them into InDesign and make a PDF of them just so it all fits together nicely (and some images are 2 page spreads, so I'd like to keep them as intended).

I've imported all the images as pages into InD with the image catalogue script, which works fine and has all the pages arranged nicely, but the page doesn't want to conform to the size of the images.
Is there any way I can get the page size to match the images on all the pages without going into each page?
I tried it in the document settings, but it doesn't quite work right (cuts off the far edges of the spreads and doesn't keep them centered).

Any help?
I'd be happy to upload the pdf when I get it all done.
I've got a few more books that are in image format too, so I'd like to get them into a pdf format. Mostly they're MGS ones (I fucking love Shinkawa).
>>
>>284809
As far as I know you'd have to go in and do that manually. It only takes like 20 seconds per page, but you could speed it up a bit by selecting all the pages with images that are the same size (like the ones in your pic) and doing it that way. Ctrl+click them in the Pages panel and edit page size.

Shinkawa's art is fucking ace, good taste.
>>
>>284287
no and that's >>>/wsr/ stuff

>>284314
you can still do it in ps but it will take a long time, use premiere or ae

>>284809
not sure about how to do it in id, but if you open every page in the intended size in ps and go to file>automate>pdf presentation it works
>>
File: Image 002.png (656KB, 1275x837px) Image search: [Google]
Image 002.png
656KB, 1275x837px
>>284828
While PS put the files in a PDF, it didn't keep the 2 page spreads.
That's my whole problem.
I'm able to convert the images into a pdf well enough, but the artbook heavily relies on images that span 2 pages (pic related). The photoshop automation doesn't do spreads as far as I'm aware.

Though I might be able to make the spreads myself with a script and just compile all the finished spreads.
I'll report back with results hopefully.

That's if anyone is interested in it.
>>
>>284809
>>284835
Can't you go to File>Document Setup and change the size of the pages?
>>
File: 29.jpg (3MB, 3400x2545px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
3MB, 3400x2545px
>>284845
Tried that.
It fucks up the formatting and placement (as I said in my original post).

I managed to do it, through semi automation in photoshop. It was a bit more work than I had liked to do, but I think it was worth it.

The pdf is fuckhuge though (300mb). I'll go back later and try to reduce the file size if anyone wants an upload of it.
>>
>>284852
glad you managed to do it.
i'm surprised that making the spreads as a single image fucked the formating.
use zip compression for images in order to get a smaller file size
>>
>>284852
PDF when?
>>
>>284888
No, I had to go into photoshop and make the spreads.
So extending the single page's width by 200% and pasting the next page.
Then I compiled all of them into a pdf.

I had figured that InDesign would take a lot of the work out of it, because it's meant for shit like this, but it was no help.

>>284892
PDF now
Enjoy friends, thanks for the help.

https://mega.nz/#!wRQAXY5B

Some of the images don't really match across pages, or have different looks to them, it's not a fault of mine, but the scan of the book. I didn't scan it, I found it online.
>>
File: adsasd2.jpg (17KB, 182x210px) Image search: [Google]
adsasd2.jpg
17KB, 182x210px
Font name please
>>
File: example.png (3KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
3KB, 424x424px
Hey guys, I'm designing a skateboard and I have a question.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is a color that shows transparency over all layers below that object. I'll try to explain what I mean in pic related (Illustrator by the way). Ideally, I'd want to assign a color that shows as transparency and cuts through both the star and the background layer below.
I kind of want to avoid cutting out shapes and the like because my design is kind of complex and on a few different layers.
If you used blender, there's a material called "holdout" that does something similar.

The reason I'd like to do this is to have the wood of the board show at certain spots.

I mean I could easily bring the final into photoshop and use a mask, but I figured there might be a way to do it in Illustrator.
>>
There was a link that was posted no too long ago on here and I think it said something along the lines of "save this, this is all the graphic design information you need" and it was a link to a dribble(?) page with a bunch of links to free stock photos, tutorials, fonts, etc

anybody know what I am talking about?
>>
File: D7-o-vf6GZU.jpg (87KB, 988x1400px) Image search: [Google]
D7-o-vf6GZU.jpg
87KB, 988x1400px
how do I make red tone like this?
>>
>>285260
>new adjustment layer
>hue saturation
>colorize
>>
File: AmandaKnox_KA_UK_PRE.jpg (500KB, 1500x2222px) Image search: [Google]
AmandaKnox_KA_UK_PRE.jpg
500KB, 1500x2222px
>>281623
I wanna know if the last "x" in KNOX is a glyph embedded in Futura. It's the second time I see this letter, I wanna know if it is a specific font or just a modified letter in Futura.
>>
>>285250
Group everything then use pahtfinder and minus front.
>>
>>285281
Haha. Nein.
>>
>>285279
ah, it works! god bless, anon
>>
>>285283
That's specifically what I wanted to avoid.
>>
>>285310
Ah read the cutting thing later. Cant you make a mask in Illustrator? Otherwise make a copy of all for the minus front.
>>
>>285311
Yeah I could do that, I just wanted to see if there was an easier way to do it before I went full force into something.
Thanks for the help.
>>
Planning on buying a laptop solely for Photoshop and premiere pro useage. Is 16gb ram enough or should I stretch for 32?
>>
>>285484
>laptop
>premiere pro
I would advise against it. Rendering video on a laptop in summer will result in the graphics chip getting unsoldered and you having to throw your computer to the trashcan.

>>>285502
>>
>>284907
whatthefont.com
>>
File: circle.jpg (165KB, 1045x723px) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
165KB, 1045x723px
i try to erase a part of the path (in this case, a circle) of a shape, and this happens. How do i fix this?
>>
File: k95WBz9n-2w.jpg (15KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
k95WBz9n-2w.jpg
15KB, 500x647px
Hello Anonimus.

What site you can recomend to store and to show my portfolio? I'm a web/advertising designer and photographer.

Behance? Deviantart? Or something modern and cool?
>>
>>285511
you have to expand it first
>Select the object.
>Object
>Expand.
>Fill and/or Stroke (stroke adds 2 objects)

>>285514
the most common one for gedees is behance since its own by adobe but almost all "pro's" have their own site along with behance and/or another.
>>
>>285504
Even if I get a good enough one? I need the portability
>>
From 1 to 10 how much i am fooling myself by learning /gd/ from books? I have a decent background in drawing, thing I was genuinely good at growing up. I'm understanding what I'm reading yet I haven't applied it to anything yet and I don't know how I will either way. Be honest with me /gd/, I can't leave my full time job.
>>
>>283209
different person but im looking for a torrent that wont get me v& do yall have a place
>>
File: PlasticMinorGecko.webm (268KB, 636x470px) Image search: [Google]
PlasticMinorGecko.webm
268KB, 636x470px
When I hold shift to make a new artboard it maintains the aspect ratio of the previously selected artboard instead of making a square, does anyone know how to change it to make squares?
>>
File: image00.png (350KB, 650x919px) Image search: [Google]
image00.png
350KB, 650x919px
How do i achieve pic rel? I need a model of a sheet of paper folded into a sword with my text realistically cast on it.
>>
File: photo.jpg (24KB, 532x532px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
24KB, 532x532px
Dropbox has shut down html viewer support for files.
Does anyone know of a free alternative for web hosting?
I need only like 20mb hosting and i don't get much traffic, so a cheap alternative wouldn't be too bad either.
>>
>>285601
Id like to know this as well.
>>
>>285641 >>285601
>I need a model of a sheet of paper folded into a sword with my text
the obvious way would be using a 3d software and a model of the sword and another of the sheet of paper and then you can just import a newspaper texture and apply it to the model also ask at >>>/3/
>>
I've struggled to reach mediocrity and still am useless in my fourth year with nothing to show for it. I have no skills outside of /gd/ things. Killing myself doesn't solve the problem of being useless and I can't get a refund on classes and live as a hobo. What do?
>>
>>285601
That looks like a picture with 0 saturation and very high contrast to me, actually

Might have been done with posterization?
>>
>>285697
*photograph
>>
>>285693
First off, I've never really looked into the thing about how some people just don't have a knack for some stuff no matter what. So if it's been proven real then sorry for sounding like an ignorant hopefag, but keep trying and maybe study in a different way than your current method. Hopefully that will help you understand this stuff better
>>
So not sure if that question should be even posted on this board but...

Any place where I should look for a graphic designer to make a full UI mockup with details about every element (like colors, font faces etc)?

Basically I'm looking for a website where I could find a designer for hire and since you guys are into graphics design I figured you knew some trustworthy websites.
>>
Should I try a career in graphic design or programming? These are the only things that interests me, I just want to know which one is less depressed and boring to work.
>>
Is there a way, in Illustrator CC 2015, to set up an action to align the selected object to another object?
>>
>>286422
Graphic design is, in my opinion, a lot more fun than programming (although I do enjoy programming quite a bit) but programming can definitely be easier to make a career out of.
>>
>>285693
i bet its not that bad. post some of ur work.

graphic design isn't really talent, as much as some of the pretentious cocks here would like to believe. it's just being familiar with the "rules" and when and when not to apply them. sort of like music. literally anyone can do it, op.
>>
when designing mascot style logos, how should you decide on shape of highlights and shadows? I've tried using ref pics that I polarized in photoshop to enhance shadows and highlights but I want to be able to know how to create the shape if i'm creating faces from scratch.

should I just shape the shadow based on the shape of the outline?
>>
I want to pull individual characters or objects out of a frame from an anime and do stuff with them. In this specific instance, my source image is fairly small, only ~160x220px

What are some tips to get the cleanest vector paths possible?
>>
What the fuck do I do for a business card these days? It's for a fucking motel.
>>
>>286671

unless the client says otherwise I usually just do minimal elements with a color scheme pulled from the logo.

if you dont want basic shapes or lines for elements, you could always resize the logo and use a portion of it as a design element. like for example if your logo has curves in it you could re use the curve in an element to create movement to the info on the card or something. as long as it isn't a cluster fuck and doesn't have elements that serve a purpose you should be fine.
>>
>>286672
HAHAHAHA
THERE ISN'T A LOGO
AHHAHAHAHAA
I hate myself.
>>
File: 41276643628079.560751df5a8be.jpg (404KB, 600x3527px) Image search: [Google]
41276643628079.560751df5a8be.jpg
404KB, 600x3527px
>>286540
i'd say it depends of the shape and light source
>>286670
photoshop first then illustrator. some tools that could be useful:
color range selection (for selecting one color it helps for isolating instead of using the magic wand selection or something else)
levels/curves for cleaning up pixels
(assuming you're on illustrator) with the image-trace tool try playing with the settings for better results
and maybe the simplify tool if it gets too messy
>>
>>286678

from what ive seen there doesnt seem to be any definitive rule of thumb so I'll just treat it like a light source for a normal drawing then alter it based on the shape.

thanks for the pic
>>
File: icon-72.png (8KB, 76x76px) Image search: [Google]
icon-72.png
8KB, 76x76px
>>281623
How much longer until cancer flat design goes away and the good stuff comes back?
>>
File: pZ7A4.jpg (398KB, 1685x945px) Image search: [Google]
pZ7A4.jpg
398KB, 1685x945px
Is anyone able to help me turn these images into larger pictures that are more clean cut?

I need to turn them into pictures you'd be able to frame and hang on a wall for a design lab at my school.
>>
>>286720
You need something like this: http://www.alienskin.com/blowup
But it's still gonna look like shit cause the initial image looks like shit to begin with.

Maybe some anon owning a similar plugin could be of help…
>>
File: font.png (21KB, 113x158px) Image search: [Google]
font.png
21KB, 113x158px
It's not a particularly high quality image, but can you identify this font? Someone on /wrs/ suggested it was FF DIN, but it seems a bit different.
>>
After years of using GIMP, I've recently resolved to use Photoshop. I get it. Honestly. Photoshop has a whole ton of powerful features that make it very obvious to me why it's the industry standard. I'm not questioning the fact that it can do many amazing things that GIMP fails to achieve, at least unless you're willing to go an extra mile or two.

Here's the thing, though: I'm having a really hard time dealing with Photoshop's user interface. If it simply were a matter of getting used to a bunch of new hotkeys, it wouldn't be much of an issue, but there's just so many things that are extremely simple in GIMP which PS insists on being ten kinds of difficult about. Let's take the supposedly elementary task of shrinking a selection from one's canvas boundaries - compare and contrast GIMP's Select All > Shrink against PS's imperative of mucking about with the Transform window or using "workarounds" like New Layer > Select All > Stroke > Subtract Transparency Mask (and no, I understand Adobe's reasoning behind this - no need to explain it to me). And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I using the wrong version of PS (I've got CS6 installed at the moment)? Is there anything I can do to get myself to the point at which I can use Photoshop effectively, efficiently, and without gnawing off my fingernails all the way up to my elbow every time I'm trying to use it for anything that goes beyond pure brushwork?
>>
in inDesign, what's the difference between creating columns through "create guides" and "margins and columns?" is there a rule of thumb you should consider in which method to pick or is it just the same feature twice?
>>
>>286750
how long have been you using it? maybe a little bit obvious but you'll get faster with time/practice just try to use it everyday. i have it really customized with a app called Apssistant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJ--vHaigo
>>
>>284904
post link with key
>>
File: CIMG0007.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0007.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
Heya!
I want to make a print of this cat and some others that I painted.
Now, I want the background to be the colour of the cloth the company that prints it on is.
I don't want the printer to recognize the white paper as a colour.
And to only print that I have painted, all the gradual fades in the colour and the small misses and "mistakes"
How is this usally solved?
Do I have to take it into Photoshop and manually erase all of the paper?
There's quite a lot of cats so I want to ask you first before I go through that process.
>>
Client is giving me a full-time job by the end of the year,so I'm gritting my teeth through some of their bullshit. But I'm their only animator, and they keep requesting major changes to changing storyboards after I've already either started or completed animating. I'm sending the storyboards to everyone involved and getting written approval before even starting to animate, but they keep changing their fucking minds about shit that was already signed off on days/weeks prior.

This wouldn't be a terrible deal with any other design (poster, icon, whatever), but animating can get really fucking messy, and as soon as you're making major changes you're throwing off everything from layer/file organization to timing/synchronization. Editing some of these animations can be a total fuckfest, so I make extra sure that things are kosher before starting major work, but they keep literally changing the script and I need to constructively tell them that it's a really shitty thing to do and just creates more work and headaches.

The other week, they needed an animation edited, rerendered, and reuploaded in under an hour, and wouldn't even give timestamps for the edits they wanted. I explained that what they asked for was physically impossible (the render itself would take too long), and they understood, but they haven't learned, and I'm starting to stress out way more than I aught to. Everything looks like shit because it's been edited so many times and there's never enough time to refine anything. But I hate having to get Obamacare and pay self employment zso I don't want to burn this bridge
>>
File: Mask.png (2MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mask.png
2MB, 900x1200px
>>286918
You are supposed to master layer masks and save your images in png or png-24 if you are given the choice.
>>
Can someone PLEASE suggest ways to get the effect of pic related (i.e., overlaying stripes/some pattern to the curvature of a 3D object)? I'm usually good at finding the tutorials I need but I'm stumped here.
>>
>>287038
illustrator, photoshop or on a 3d software?
i remember on illustrator there's a way to do that but with 3d revolve and a custom stripe pattern but on a 3d software like c4d it's just so much easier just insert a model make a noise stripes texture and use flat/frontal + adjust the scale and then maybe render it as isometric view and convert it to vectors on illustrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPiALWzimvs
>>
>>287038
Literally any tutorial on texturing 3d models

>import generic model, preferably with a UV maps predone
>slap your texture on
>render

If you've not done any work in 3d software before expect a bit of a learning curve
>>
>>287041
>>287047
thanks friends
>>
Can I ask help for video editing on this board?
>>
>>287290
go ahead
>>
Not sure if this the correct board to ask, but I'm looking for programs to make 8/16 bit art for Windows. Right now I'm using a program called Piskel. It's alright, but looking for any alternatives.
>>
File: oficinista.gif (5KB, 96x144px) Image search: [Google]
oficinista.gif
5KB, 96x144px
>>287458
aseprite.org
that's what I use.
clean, simple and shares keyboard bindings with photoshop
>>
File: WalkRightJeans.gif (6KB, 55x160px) Image search: [Google]
WalkRightJeans.gif
6KB, 55x160px
>>287460
i can rep aseprite
>>
>>287460
>>287475
thanks, I'll look into it
>>
File: tumblr_ngz82ewDc51s7swf7o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngz82ewDc51s7swf7o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x500px
hey, does anyone knows where i can find a tv broadcast package simmilar to this one but FREE?

https://videohive.net/item/broadcast-design-complete-news-package/459730?s_rank=2
>>
File: Image 001.png (470KB, 617x859px) Image search: [Google]
Image 001.png
470KB, 617x859px
I'm trying to create an icicle effect for a project of mine, and I'm wondering how I'd go about doing that (in Illustrator)

Ideally it'd be a brush because I'd be attaching it to several letters.
I've found this set of brushes with a quick google search, but I'd rather make it myself.

I just don't really know what it all entails. He talks about it being a layered scatter brush, and how it's random each time, but I haven't really seen any options to create multiple layered brushes in Illustrator.

From what I understand, the brushes are made of 2 parts.
There's the icy area that the icicles are attached to, and the icicles themselves.
The icicles having several different variations to them. In another post from this dude, it shows the icicles are singular, and not grouped together.

Any help? I can make the individual parts well enough, but I don't know what he means by creating it as a single layered brush that allows for variation. Is he just talking out of his ass to sell the shit?
>>
>>283713
>>284044

I'd have to agree with anon here, you'd have to stand up. Why the fuck do we need a fuckton of people on a cookbook, recipes are for FOOD and NOT PEOPLE.

Go tell her that or something.
>>
>>284164
The font used in that "Annual Report" heading looks nice. Just use the regular weight.
>>
Paint tool sai or photos hop ?
>>
>>287632
have you search for ps brushes like that one on dA or elsewhere?
>>
if I'm creating a diecut for pic related, how would I signify how it needs to be folded? when I undo this package the tabs that fold are just rectangles and don't look like tabs.
>>
>>287744

forgot pic
>>
>>287744

this is the type of packaging I'm referring to. is it okay if the diecut just has the tabs as rectangle/square shapped? i was told I could just unpackage it and outline the shape of it flattened then use that as a guide to create a diecut.
>>
>>287722
Not looking for a ps brush.

It's all based in Illustrator.
I want to recreate the effect.
>>
File: sanrio group inkscape.png (51KB, 1200x364px) Image search: [Google]
sanrio group inkscape.png
51KB, 1200x364px
https://sanrio-production-weblinc.netdna-ssl.com/assets/weblinc/store_front/sanrio_home_characters-11e3cf75968e27577c0140e90698341880fb558f181c0804eff64b1c27a85238.svg

This SVG file appears fine in Google Chrome, but appears "corrupt" in Inkscape (pic related) and Gimp. Does anyone know why this happens, and how I can prevent it? I want to make a wallpaper using this file.
>>
>>282026
the lightbox feature of muse is terribly tricky and finnicky...

for your portfolio site try just placing images on a page and have them linked to the full res image in a new tab...

I think its slicker than a lightbox anyway and way less of a headache
>>
File: 1476724327561.jpg (453KB, 1410x802px) Image search: [Google]
1476724327561.jpg
453KB, 1410x802px
After starting the first 4 terms of college, I changed Majors to architecture. So my classes are changed for Dec 16.

>how did it go?
>is it what I thinks it gonna be
>its better....right?
>>
>>282897
lets see your work
>>
>>284164
calibri bold
>>
File: 1476724822179.gif (1MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1476724822179.gif
1MB, 500x558px
>>282013
is a drawing tablet used for things like that video?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161025-212705.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161025-212705.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Really irrelevant question but how can I make my picture to such a 3x3 grid for insta?
>>
>>287744
>>287746

nvm figured it out. to anybody wondering you just add fold lines to the template.
>>
File: u.png (976KB, 8000x8000px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
976KB, 8000x8000px
Whats a website with good community where i can share my artwork?

I was thinking DA but its community is filled only with 8 year old furries

I was thinking instagram it has a lot of people but many normies
>>
>>287838
artstation artstation artstation artstation artstation artstation artstation
>>
>>287816

here i found it for you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+3x3+image+grid+on+instagram
>>
File: josh.png (10KB, 913x811px) Image search: [Google]
josh.png
10KB, 913x811px
I've been reading books all about type, grids and graphic design in general. Question is, how do i practice what I've been reading? How do you guys do it?
>>
What's the best way to give an image a pixellated appearance in Illustrator?

>>287838
Twitter.
>>
I like Behance for sharing work
>>
>>281623
is this where the memes come from, dada?
>>
>>287840
Wow that destroyed my self esteem
Ty tho
>>
Hi everyone, I want to ask, how do you go about merging font families in programs like FontForge? I have several comic book fonts that are stand alone fonts right now, but I'd like to merge them in their own respective families. Can anyone help me out?
>>
File: maccuck.jpg (99KB, 618x385px) Image search: [Google]
maccuck.jpg
99KB, 618x385px
>>288157
>>>287840
I think nexusfont does this. I don't know, I'm a macfag, they don't exist on macshit. So, yeah, fuck you PC users. I can't use nexusfont and I'm sad
>>
>>288157
I understand your pain, after hours I figured it out.
Hope this helps

http://imgur.com/a/frDhF
>>
Please help me with a noob level problem. I'm trying to perform an as basic as it could possibly get operation of cropping an image into a circle or making a circular selection for pasting over another image in paintbrush but getting no joy at all (don't laugh like I said noob problem ;j)

This was a straight forward at most 2 click function from Win 3.1 on wards but I think it disappeared in Win7/8/8.1.

I'm using Win 10 and googling isn't really helping so if anyone could point out what a hopeless idiot I am and tell me what to do I'd appreciate it greatly.
>>
File: CsNlogPr1-01.png (204KB, 2816x1758px) Image search: [Google]
CsNlogPr1-01.png
204KB, 2816x1758px
Hi I want to create a logo for a facebook group, so far I made this as a beginner. using my hometown Nijmegen as a landmark icon. I would think to incorporate a couch shape into the bridge or somewhat like that. My question is what do you think I could improve on?
>>
File: tablehell.png (664KB, 731x639px) Image search: [Google]
tablehell.png
664KB, 731x639px
How would I go about creating something like pic related in InDesign without having it be a complete pain to make changes after I've copied it a couple dozen times?

Anchors?
>>
>>284164
Roboto desu
>>
File: 1476527197718.gif (61KB, 156x267px) Image search: [Google]
1476527197718.gif
61KB, 156x267px
Hey guys, I know very little about graphics design. I want to know how to add effects like the "switch channel static" or pic related to a still image, if it's even possible.
>>
This would be a good place to ask a color theory question, right?

Is there any trick to picking colors for text that hit the sweet spot of "high enough contrast to be readable but not so high it looks bad"?
>>
>>288227
>in paintbrush
no idea senpai, but google how to create a mask and make it circular.

>>288290
you'll need aftereffects for that.
>open pic
>apply CC Light Sweep
>animate Light Sweep position
>change parameters till the sweep looks like you want it (thick and without feather).
>>
File: example.png (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
58KB, 800x600px
Hey guys I'm designing a club logo that features a coat of arms not unlike these german ones here: https://www.google.com/search?q=tricolour+shield&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=925&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKj9DUwYHQAhUrqFQKHRS9AugQ_AUIBigB#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=stadt+wappen

The issue I have is that the charge I'm using is a building that has to go on a horizontal tricolor background. Should the building go on a line dividing the colors or be made bigger and really centered in the whole shield?

I made a quick example right here. I've looked at shield designs, all of the buildings are big but none are on tricolors, so I'm not sure what is more " heraldic" I guess.

Opinions?
>>
I'm looking to commission a new logo for a project I'm working on. Anyone know a good place where I can find competent artists able to work in SVG format?
>>
>>288240
By not making it fucking clear as day it's an image trace.

Image trace only looks good in certain situations.
Yours is not one of them.

Draw thumbnails, do research.
Actually make a logo.
>>
>>288302
sony vegas also has a effect called tv distortion with the scan line easier to animate but it doesn't make .gif's
>>288310
3 colors max
castle is way too big and too many details try searching for images on 'minimalist castle'
also watch roman mars ted talk on flags design tips
>>288335
check your thread at /wsr/ most of these guys won't open illustrator for less than a $50
>>
File: a1031271826_10.jpg (445KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1031271826_10.jpg
445KB, 1200x1200px
Is there a name for this effect and/or how do I do something like that?
>>
WHAT DO I PRESS IN AI SO I CAN GET EXACT SAME CHANGES MADE TO EACH THING.

like if i made a square and want to round one corner how do i round other three in the exact same way ??
>>
>>288422
You select all the corners.

>road street
>>
I had an interview 8 days ago and still haven't heard back. I was told by the art director and general manager of the company that I would be a good fit so I was feeling optimistic of how it went but he did say he had other candidates and would let me know. Is it safe to assume by now I didn't get the position or is it still possible for them to call? I considered calling them and seeing if they made a decision but I wasn't sure if that would be smart or not.
>>
>>288442
Definitely still possible, I've had employers call me in for interviews up to a month after applying. I wouldn't be worried but I wouldn't put my life on hold buddy. Assume you haven't got the role and just keep applying around.
>>
>>288444
i think "getting hired in month after interview" means that they did hired someone else before you but he eneded up being a mess so they picked someone else (you).
>>
WHAT IS THE BEST FONT FOR MEDICAL RELATED SUBJECT
>>
>>288449
Ha maybe mate. I'd rather be hired as a 2nd choice than not hired at all though.
>>
>>288450
Ones with bones for the letters.
>>
>>288444

well im still a student, graduating in december and I still have my shitty part time retail job so I'm not strapped for a job but I was excited at the chance of having a job right out of college.

it wasnt a waste of time because going on an interview is part of my grade but still I'll be excited if i get it.
>>
>>288450
Papyrus
>>
>>288302
Alright, I managed to get AE running, and applied CC Light Sweep, but I have no idea how to animate it.
>>
>>288340
Vexillology has limited relevance to coat of arms designs

>>288450
windings
>>
>>288450
Jokerman
>>
>>288483
search for after effects scan or tv distortion tutorials
>>
>>288488
There are still rules to make a good coat of arms.
>>
>>288358
Bumping this question.
>>
guy when i export my artboard as JPG in Ai it dosent export full artboard vertically. It exports the space horizontally but keeps vertical space cropped to the highest point of object thats inside the artboard. wat do.
>>
Hello 4Chan,

i have a question:

I need to create a 10 second trailer about a boxing match. I have a short boxing clip and need to put some effects and "explosions" and a text on it. Like:

Anon-Gym Presents:
*boom* boom*
5 sec of the boxing clip
FIGHT NIGHT (TEXT)
come get your tickets bla bla

what is the best program to use for a noob like me? Thank you
>>
>>288561

after effects but learning it is annoying

how long do you have to make the trailer? assuming this isn't some next day shit you could probably learn it enough to create that.
>>
>>288483
>Stand at the beginning of the timeline
>In the effect control panel, change the light sweep center coordinates so it's on one end of the image and click the clock.
>go to the end of the timeline, change sweep center so it's on the other end of the image.

>>288561
AfterEffects is the way to go.
grab a template that looks cool and follow the instructions that come along with it
http://shareae.com/after-effects-project/
>>
File: grain.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
grain.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
How do I give an image this grainy appearance that makes it look like a photocopy? Pic related some examples

Pretty sure you have to turn up the brightness/contrast but what else?
>>
>>288754
Try adding some noise then applying a threshold.
>>
I have a swatch library with a handful of swatches and I tried to record an action to recolor a selected object to the swatch library but it didn't seem to record step.

Any alternative methods/suggestions?
>>
File: 041120161525.png (408KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
041120161525.png
408KB, 1280x720px
>>281623
I have no experience in painting whatsoever. However I want to start drawing anime. What I've been doing so far is taking existing characters and trying to paint them but it hasn't worked at all. Any tips on improving?
>inb4 don't draw with a mouse
I'm not
>>
>>288950
>>>/ic/
>>>/gitgud/
>>
File: AH.png (371KB, 498x506px) Image search: [Google]
AH.png
371KB, 498x506px
>>288950
https://yande.re/forum/show/10527
also google "draw manga vk.com" for other good books and there's this manga about the life of a mangaka (it shows how she learned to draw and the things she learned at art school)

https://hachimitsu-scans.blogspot.
com/p/kakukaku-shikajika.html

https://youtube.com/watch?v=J5LbtfuJlJ8
>>
>>288950
Do you really want advice or are you just trolling?

You can obviously see your forms aren't perfect.
Put the attention you put into the ears in the jawline and such as well, erase it and make lines until they're good and proper.
Don't start shading until you know your base sketch is good enough
>>
File: pewpewpewhires.jpg (6MB, 7002x4974px) Image search: [Google]
pewpewpewhires.jpg
6MB, 7002x4974px
>>288950
he he please teach me senpai

ps for that photo copy effect use an old permanent marker from under kitchen sink to draw it then scan it and then print it with a pos printer. real trick is to draw the pic on reverse side of paper, the ink soaks through and looks like that.

ps be owner and photographer of template photo taken in 2005 with a 2003 cellphone so had the effect from the start lol
:
vanity marking format has changed so that'd now be 1524041116 for extra pretentious style points ;)

thanks for the info nd tips i appreciate it
>>
sorry for high res posted wrong file by accident
>>
What are the essential programs to have for a program designer? Also, what are some essential skills to have when using these programs? Also, what should I read/watch in order to learn?
>>
>>289263
i meant graphic designer whoops
>>
I have been using gimp and inkscape for a very long time now. I know they are shit, but they have been getting the job done for now. However, I want to switch to using photoshop and illustrator. Unfortunately, photoshop and illustrator feel bloated with features I'll never use. I only do bits of graphic design as a hobby so I don't need to worry about the industry. Should I make the switch or stick to what I know?
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
Not sure if this goes here or on /3/ but I've been trying to figure out a way to fold layers like this in After Effects. Anyone?

I've tried CC Cylinder but that doesn't achieve the effect of the middle layer being folded, it still sits on top of all layers like it was 2D.
>>
>>289278
try them for a few days and decide for yourself
>>289288
google after effects fold tutorial
>>289263
lurk here >>285991 and learn to draw
>>
>>289278
I felt that way about gimp to be honest. It felt like a bunch of filters just to go "wow isnt this neat?" rather than useful.

That being said, I've used nearly all of photoshops filters and shit at least once, and I can say -almost- all of them belong in the program. Some of them you'll use all the time, others occasionally but you'll be glad it's there.
>>
File: artboard sample.png (109KB, 1359x623px) Image search: [Google]
artboard sample.png
109KB, 1359x623px
I have some different letterhead designs I have artboarded in Ai and I want to show somebody. Is there any option to export all the artboards to be side-by-side (like pic related) without having to just take a screencap of my canvas? Obviously a screencap is very shitty resolution.

Exporting as pdf keeps each artboard on it's own separate page and I'd rather have them in a view where they can be compared side-by-side.

Tried googling without much luck. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>289326
This.

Every filter alone gives the 'wow thats neat... but theres no practical use' feeling. But theres so many things you can do to then modify those filters and create all kinds of awesome things.
>>
File: artboards.png (29KB, 828x542px) Image search: [Google]
artboards.png
29KB, 828x542px
>>289356
You can create an artboard arround all your existing artboards and save it as an image to show. (selecting it in the artboard palette)

You can also save as pdf and all your artboards will appear as pages of a pdf.
>>
File: IMG_0198.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
So I'm going off to grad school and because of my change in living conditions I can't (read, don't want to) bring my big tower of a computer with me. What should I look for in a laptop to use for grad school. I'm going into an art program so I'll need to have something that can handle a bit of photo editing and graphic work. I'd also like to have something that can handle a bit of gaming, nothing more graphics intensive than something like endless legend or endless space 2. Let's assume a budget less than $1200

pic not related
>>
>>289432
Amazing. Thank you for your answer!
>>
Are there any extensive GIMP tutorials or anything like for Photoshop?

Specifically relating to creating animated gifs.
>>
File: stonetiles2.jpg (587KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stonetiles2.jpg
587KB, 831x1000px
I made this background for a small game project, is there an easy way to make the top and bottom fit seamless? It needs to loop.
>>
File: 1432170256280.jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1432170256280.jpg
24KB, 360x270px
Any windows user here can tell what do you use to preview .psd, .ai and all adobe extension files on your computer without opening a file?

I got used to the automatic preview from the mac computers at work but on my personal laptop theres none of that.

wat do?
>>
>>289659
ACDSee
>>
>>289608
Step 1
Open the texture in Photoshop and use the Crop tool with a square aspect ratio and 2000 pixels for both the width and height. ...
Go to Filter > Other > Offset and enter +1000 pixels for both the Horizontal and Vertical options and hit OK.
>>289659
adobe bridge
>>
File: clubbadge.jpg (175KB, 756x736px) Image search: [Google]
clubbadge.jpg
175KB, 756x736px
I'm trying to recreate the lion inside the heart part of this image. Is there a way (in Photoshop, preferably) I can clean up the colors so that they are solid and not grainy? Also the text isn't an issue, as I have a different image that can be layered over it.
>>
File: screenshot.png (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
68KB, 1920x1080px
/agdg/ here. How do I make my game not look like shit?
>>
File: mv2.jpg (174KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mv2.jpg
174KB, 1920x1280px
>>289753
try color range selection (multiple times for each color then combine/delete)
>>289754
it looks boring anon not sure maybe learn some design principles like color theory (5 min youtube video), composition, layout etc
there's some books on game design (there's usually an artbook share thread at /ic/ and search for ebooks on google adding vk.com or at libgen/bookzz) you could also play games with awesome design and try to recreate things that you liked
>gamedesigning.org/game-design-books/
>>
>>289769
>try color range selection
thanks!
>>
File: 1411749313774.jpg (43KB, 478x542px) Image search: [Google]
1411749313774.jpg
43KB, 478x542px
guys i lost my inspo folders. could anyone upload anything to mega? ill suck ya dick.

maybe someone has this folder in particular, it had good shit in it. somebody uploaded it 2 years ago lol.
>>
I'm not looking for exact books like in the wiki, but what subjects should I be studying? What are the individual elements to learn? Where does graphic design overlap with illustration?
>>
File: princess-bride-1.jpg (3MB, 3508x4961px) Image search: [Google]
princess-bride-1.jpg
3MB, 3508x4961px
any advice on how to improve the poster?
>>
How to create professional looking album covers without paying a single penny?
>>
>>290580
that's a question for the critique general
>>
>>290580
also resize your images when posting here ffs
>>
>>290598
By paying more than a penny.
>>
>>290598
What do you even mean?
Software? Image rights?
>>
How to remove black background from a partially opaque image, while preserving transparency of image? (In Photoshop)

Pic related, trying to do it with that.
>>
>>290618
that's not even hard to recreate from scratch

maybe try playing with the levels first so it shows only 2 colors black and white on high contrast with the spike shapes well defined (first make a couple of 'backup' layers from the original and hide them) after that use the color range to select the black and finally enable the original image and hide the one with levels/contrast and hit delete. hope you understand english is not my first language.
>>
>>281623
i am looking for a good video series in color design for UI. The videos need to be as short and sweet as possible.

P.s. Youtube or pirate download

thanks
>>
>>290580
Maybe vectorize the sillouetes manually or use something better (like vector magic).

>>290618
>magic wand, select all black
>create a clipping mask with it
just google a tutorial

>>290664
>color design for UI
not sure if that's a thing, should study color design principles in general
>need to be as short... as possible
top kek
>>
>>290664
>>290701

okay i see what you are saying. So is there a playlist for color design in youtube or should i search for something like digital painting in photoshop videos

thanks
>>
is it worth getting into a CAD-course in the UK? if so, where?

is there anything I should pick up first? I heard people saying an architecture course is a good idea first.
>>
>>281794
Thanks, doc.
>>
Is there a Paint.NET plugin that lets me use a 16x16 square brush, but locked to a grid where 1 "pixels" = 16 pixels
>>
>>290837
why don't you do it using a 1px brush and then scale the whole thing x16?
>>
>>287859
You make your own projects and see them through from beginning to end. In the classes I've taken we start with learning the programs, then focusing on one or two aspects of design through exercises. Want to work on grids? Recreate a spread in a magazine you like. Want to work on type as well? Lay out a poster
>>
File: 71kMDaXOTgL._SL1381_.jpg (139KB, 1381x921px) Image search: [Google]
71kMDaXOTgL._SL1381_.jpg
139KB, 1381x921px
Wacom Intuos Pro.

I'm thinking of buying one, but I'm worried the outer rubber surface is made of sprayed-on rubber that melts and becomes sticky in the heat, like on mice.

Can anyone share their experience?

tx
>>
>>282086

heyyyy hola compañero
>>
Guys, I'm looking for a cracked filter forge with a fucking huge library, or an alternative to most of their "creative" filters.
It's not for any commercial use, just to make some textures for modding games, so I don't want to spend any money on this.
Any suggestions or alternatives ?
I can only find 4 outdated torrents without extra filters.
>>
So i have no experience drawing, but Im a 21 with no job and I have some time to learn. I'm thnking about buying a cintiq and learning from the ground up, What is the best way to learn to draw?
>>
>>291046
someone on /ic/ just compile this list of books (not in order b t w)

Scott Robertson - How to Draw
Scott Robertson - How to Render
Andrew Loomis - Drawing the Head and Hands
Andrew Loomis - Figure Drawing for All its Worth
Stephen Rogers Peck - Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist
Eliot Goldfinger - Animal Anatomy for Artists: The Elements of Form
Ernest Norling - Pespective Made Easy
Michael Massen - Drawing the Clothed Figure
Andrew Loomis - Creative Illustration
Michael Massen - Drawing the Clothed Figure
George Bridgman - Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life
Michael Hampton - Figure Drawing: Design and Invention
Ken Hultgren - Art of Animal Drawing

however if i were i will start with Betty Edwards New Drawing since it explain a lot of stuff (like drawing black space shapes instead of symbolic drawing etc) plus the exercises are super beginner's friendly (she is an art teacher who teach regular people to draw in a couple of weeks)
also visit prokotv on youtube once you learn the basics his vids are really helpfull for drawing specific things
and on this mega >>290825 i will try to upload my folder with art/drawing infographics i collected over the years.
>>
>>291048
You're an angel, thank you so much.
>>
is the XP-Pen Artist22 worth it over a cintiw 22hd?
>>
File: Collage.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Collage.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /gd/

I'm currently in college taking a program called "Interactive Media Design". It's sort of a mix of a bunch of different art shit-photography, web design, graphic design, videography.

I'm finding myself really enjoying graphic design (specifically working with illustrator). Now that the semester is winding down and my projects are almost all done I'm finding myself having trouble actually getting practice.

I guess it's because I'm lacking creativity to think of an idea and actually do it?

Regardless, does anyone have any tips or ideas to get practice with graphic design? Should I just create logos for fake businesses? Try to make website prototypes?

I know it's kind of a stupid, vague question but any input would be appreciated

thanks
>>
What is the easiest way to face swap? Or fastest way?
>>
File: tumblr_ogydufUrCZ1u8iol8o1_1280.png (488KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogydufUrCZ1u8iol8o1_1280.png
488KB, 1280x1792px
how do i make the image peaks or like little lines to make it look cut off.
>>
>>291334
Use clipping masks to cut it off.
As for the peak lines, they look like they were pixel-sorted with processing
>>
>>291334
>>291362
Could also just be the wind photoshop effect.
>>
>>281623
Illustrator/Photoshop

If scrolled over an object and used right click, it would tell me which layer the object belonged to.

Somehow in the Cloud applications this has changed now.

Help!
>>
What's a fair price to charge for work?
I'm starting a youtube channel in a month and needed some cover art, just 4 coloured silhouettes of a few videogame characters as they appear ingame
>>
File: 20161129_103554.jpg (491KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_103554.jpg
491KB, 2048x1152px
This may be the dumbest question on here, but here it goes.

What do you call someone who draws and paints in photoshop?

What do you call someone who draws on paper, scans, and paints it on photoshop?

Digital designer, 2d artist, illustrator? Or what? Do you guys understand what I'm asking ?
>>
>>291379
digital artist?
>>
>>282013
>>281809
>>281810
Thanks, really appreciate this.

Praise be to all seeing benevolent Haysoos for his blessings and spreading happiness indeed.

love u freaks
>>
File: 20161202_064913-1.jpg (920KB, 2576x1834px) Image search: [Google]
20161202_064913-1.jpg
920KB, 2576x1834px
>>282360
11/10 thanks
>>
>>291377
I'll do it for $150 CAD per character

could go lower depending on how intricate the characters are
>>
Hi guys I'm looking to get a tablet for drawing, mostly for experimenting but with main thought to become competent using Adobe Illustrator and similar programs.

While I have been intending on getting a new tablet for emails, inernet browsing, multi media, etc but will something like a Galaxy Tab A with Samsungs S pen work for this purpose and compare in terms of performance with one of Wacom's Intuos dedicated drawing tabs? Would they even work for Photoshop or Illustrator?

Considering Wacom's Intuos range seem very reasonably priced and I don't want to limit myself wrt improving skill with using a stylus/pen. I'm not very good but can draw a bit with "analog" pen & paper and know I'd get very frustrated if I knew I was handicapping myself in terms of capturing or being able to reproduce the nuances of brush strokes,etc possible by hand on paper.

With the same thought in mind, between Wacom's Creative Stylus 2 range stylus that ships standard with their Intuos draw/comic/art tabs(at least out in the sticks where I live) and Intuos 4 Grip Pen range the 4 Grip Pen does cost more but appears to offer some advantages like sensing rotation of the stylus, am I correct thinking that sounds the better option for something that would have more capabilities/natural feel?

Last question the active area on the intuos tablets seems small (on small size intuos comic 152mm x 95mm) Is that an issue if intending to at least initially import basic template from a scanned hand drawing (though 2bh don't even know if this is a practical option yet;j)?
>>
I'm a pretty inexperienced guy working at a advertising agency, mainly in indesign and we recently had another agency send us the original for a report we are supposed to take over. This file however has XML tags in it, what is that all about? What's the point of all those markers and tags? Should we bother with it or just clean up the document?
>>
>>281968
what do you mean? can't you just draw a rectangle from the bottom of the page to where you want it to be and use that measurement as the bottom margin?
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anybody know a YT channel were a lad had videos with white-on-black minimalist sketching as a background(that fit thematically with the subject) for his musings on different subjects, either reminiscing on the past or philosophical shit.

Seems kinda vague, so the only more unique design choice was how his (self-insert) character had a weird haircut.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.