[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan Sorry this is such an amateur question, but how do I achieve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: how.png (818KB, 1946x1236px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
818KB, 1946x1236px
4chan

Sorry this is such an amateur question, but how do I achieve a smoother look, like the ones on the right? Does it just take practice to make the lines smoother? I mean, look at the smooth curves on the fucking octopus.
>>
File: wip.png (8KB, 416x322px) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
8KB, 416x322px
>>281596
Here's what my WIP so far... The lines are jaggedy in some places, and I'd like to know how to get it smoother... Or if there's a technique that would help with this. Thanks so much.
>>
Oooh I just discovered the smooth pen. Is this what graphic designers primarily use to smoothen artwork?
>>
>>281599

imo it adds too many anchor points. you really should only be doing 1 anchor point for every curve, then use its handles to smooth it out.
>>
File: ee977330671987.570216e66b38d.png (27KB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
ee977330671987.570216e66b38d.png
27KB, 1400x800px
>>281600
This, fampai. Or use circles on a grid to get your lines.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/30671987/30-ANIMAL-LOGOS-CHALLENGE
>>
>>281596
practice
>>
>>281610
>https://www.behance.net/gallery/30671987/30-ANIMAL-LOGOS-CHALLENGE
nice reference. bookmarking, thanks!!
>>
>>281597
feet should line up, look at examples on the right, you need a hint of symmetry
>>
>>281610
by the way, does he use the circles to help him do the shading/gradient?

>>281636
Will make the change, thanks
>>
File: logos.png (68KB, 888x894px) Image search: [Google]
logos.png
68KB, 888x894px
Can you guys give me any advice on how to improve/tweak these logos, and which logos you think are the strongest? I'm leaning towards the scribbly sheep and the bottom left, first one. I don't know if I should take out the nostrils or not.

Ty!
>>
>>281722
Top right is the only one not completely absurd.

Everything else is like, "thumbnails that get destroyed or kept for ironic purposes" tier.
>>
>>281751
Feedback or ideas on how I can improve some of these designs would be good
>>
>>281752

They are all systemically the same design, I told you which one was best. The simplest way for you to fix the other designs would be to make them in to the top right one.

Also don't ask people to fix your shit, because they almost always don't know what it needs, since they didn't build it, but definitely listen to what they find WRONG with it.
>>
>>281754
He just wanted a more descriptive feedback and you started chastising lol
>>
>>281610
>https://www.behance.net/gallery/30671987/30-ANIMAL-LOGOS-CHALLENGE
How does he do that?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.