[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: s.jpg (444KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
444KB, 1600x900px
I am relatively new to Cinema 4D, but I have been looking into it's features and have decided to give it a go.

This is a picture of the supposed finished project I am wating a tutorial for. I have come to a point in the tutorial where I am supposed to add a new mat to a plane with a gradient and it's supposed to be flat (as opposed to uvw maping) But no matter what I try, i can't seem to get the mat to apply.

I click and drag it onto the plane and it changes color slightly, but otherwise appears not to be applied as it looks nothing like the tutorial.

Am I missing something obvious? I have searched google for the past hour and can't seem to find an answer, anyhelp would be great...

Also, I'm running on windows 7 ulitmate 64 bit and am running Cinema 4D R16 if it helps
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (209KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
209KB, 1024x768px
This is what I'm supposed to be seeing
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
This is what I'm getting
>>
hmm, still havent found anything...Shameless self bump
>>
>>281321
Your projection is set to UVW and what you're trying to do apply it from a side view.

I've seen that tutorial myself but can't remember what exactly he does, except for the fact that this kind of texturing is arbitrarily projected.

For that reason, I suggest you change your texture projection to CUBE or something similar. If you still can't get a good result, check your texture.
>>
File: 9047956089_c3ba786254_o.jpg (3MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
9047956089_c3ba786254_o.jpg
3MB, 4000x2248px
>>281321
>>281328
Also since this texture is height-based change the texture face to V.

I would suggest a FLAT projection.
>>
>>281329
Thanks, though I am not quite clear on what you mean by texture face
>>
>>281328
tried your suggestions but got the same results, imm starting to think the mats aren't even really doing anything
>>
File: 9050178340_fa9f762ac6_o.jpg (2MB, 3843x2160px) Image search: [Google]
9050178340_fa9f762ac6_o.jpg
2MB, 3843x2160px
>>281331
>>imm starting to think the mats aren't even really doing anything

Well at this point they probably aren't doing anything either. If you followed the tutorial you should have seen results. Try going back a few steps and see if you get it right a second time.

After all, this tutorial is very basic when it comes to texturing and modelling.

>>281330
>Thanks, though I am not quite clear on what you mean by texture face

It's the direction of the texture, in this case the direction of your gradient. V means "up and down" by default.
>>
Thanks again, I made a save right before applying any mat, tried about a million different things, even going as far as changing the mat color in an attempt to see if ANYTHING was working, and the answer was a big N-O
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.