[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, guys, Im having a problem with a logo here. Im kind of newwith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: thumb-restaurant.jpg (71KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-restaurant.jpg
71KB, 660x400px
Hi, guys, Im having a problem with a logo here. Im kind of newwith this logo thing.

Wel I have to make a logo for a restaurant (a popular restaurant, not an elegant restaurant), the problem is that the name of the restaurant is "Puerto Seguro" (Safe Harbor in spanish) and the problem they have is people think that thanks to the name people thinks that they sell sea food or fish, but they dont.

The client wants me to make the logo to kind of solve this problem. Any idea of where can I start? They want the name of the restaurant to be on the logo.
>>
what is their best selling menu item or the most common type of food they do sell? base the icon in the logo around that.
>>
Wtf, why would they pick such a shitty name. I would definitely think that is seafood.

But for you OP, like the first poster said. Incorporate the most popular food item into the logo.
>>
I'm guessing you suggested they change their name? It's not about a logo, it's about branding, an identity. If the name communicates something you're NOT, you're definitely doing it wrong.
>>
>>281148
Op, please remember that the issue have is literally the reason we have a job. Graphic design is creative problem solving. This is what your job is when you become one. Don't want to shit all over you, but if can't do this you shouldn't be a graphic designer, or you should put on your big boy pants and solve the problem like you were trained or do some courses about conceptualisation.

Like the other guys said, change the name. Can't call my restaurant The Dairy Farm and only sell seafood ;P
>>
You dont need to change the name but reinterpret it. Safe Harbour doesnt have to indicate sea food, it can also indicate a safe place for your family or community to meet and have a great, protected time together. I would focus on that.

Safe Harbor, at least in german, has a special meaning, indicating a feeling of "home" and "safety", as i already said. So i would create a logo which focuses on the whole statement instead of just "harbor". I dont know if i made myself understood. But i guess the restaurant wants to offer a warm, friendly environment- so thats what id go for.

For further details about the design i would need more information about the restaurant. Hope i could help.
>>
did u tell the restaurant owner to start selling fish
>>
for a midterm project last semester my professor generated a list of randomly created business names then we had to vote on one and as a class give it a cause then create a corporate identity for it.

the winner was "The Jolly Yellow Umbrella." I was pissed off at the entire class for voting for it but also liked the idea of getting stuck with a stupid business name because it made me have think more and strayed me from going with the first idea i had.
>>
>>281148
bump for interest
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.