[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. The top of the letter "S" is above the cap line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (171KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171KB, 620x400px
1. The top of the letter "S" is above the cap line of the letters following it.
2. Cap line of the "T" is also above the rest of the letters following (but not as much as the "S". The bottom of the "T" is below the baseline of the letters after it.
3. Why are the "R and "A" connected but non of the other letters are such as the "A" and "N" or the "G" and "E"?
4. The top of the "T" is above the the capline of the rest of the letters in "THINGS".

Do you think it looked better if everything lined up it is it just me?
>>
File: vox stranger things.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vox stranger things.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
How Stranger Things got its retro title sequence.

https://youtu.be/_a1lp_ygGB4
>>
It's optical correction. Curved caps generally rise above and below flat letters. "R" and "A" are kerned closer to even out the counterspace between letters, because the touching ends are sloped. The "G" has had the left edge flattened for the same reason.

So, no, it wouldn't look better.
>>
>>280030
I'm going to redesign it to actually see what it'd look like. I can understand why the S and above the cap line but what really bothers me are the Ts.
>>
>>280016
I've watched the whole animation from start to finish and I can't complain about the ligatures, they fit even better and more fluid in motion. Good opening scene. However, the series doesn't look interesting at all; but hey, what's there to expect from Hollywood scriptwriters.
>>
>>280077

Actually it's very enjoyable to watch. Everybody is wanking over "it's in 80s! so many homages! nostalgia!", but as someone totally not interested in such bullshit I loved it for different reasons: show actually sticks to the premise, plays it straight, there's escalation and finale and conclusion (with a wink at the end signaling what new problems might arise after the shit was dealt with so it's not "hurr, we are doing 'Lost', we don't know what we are doing" or "durr, we will make 2nd season just for it to be 2nd seaons and because we love money")

I liked that it shows that quite a lot of thought was put into the show: times and place are justifable from the point of narrative (lack of easy communication influencing behavior of characters), smart dork kids for once aren't some annoying child actors not knowing what to do, but act 100% in character, as a live person would.

Things like that make this show interesting. It plays everything very straight. It tries to be as "in world" realistic as possible even though there's cliche over cliche - but every one of it is played straight, no ironic winks to the viewer.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.