[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can this design be improved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 22

How can this design be improved?
>>
>>279983

i feel like the logo should be smaller, the front of the box has some spacing issues. the entire box could use some more space even, it's very wordy. the logo kinda clashes with the overall feel of the rest of the box, mostly because of the fonts, but i don't hate it
>>
File: WoodRuff Tea co (wip2).jpg (906KB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuff Tea co (wip2).jpg
906KB, 2000x1422px
>>279992
Thank for your input man, appreciate it.

I'm working on the pattern so its blank at the minute but do you think this looks a bit better spacing wise? You also think I should try a different font?
>>
File: WoodRuff Tea co (wip3).jpg (867KB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuff Tea co (wip3).jpg
867KB, 2000x1422px
>>279992
Better/Worse spacing wise?
>>
File: WoodRuff Tea co (wip4!!).jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuff Tea co (wip4!!).jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>279997
updated design.

any critique would be great.
>>
>>280004
Has a nice rustic feel to it. I like the color and design.
>>
>>280005
Cheers Bill.
Anything you would do to improve it?
>>
>>280004
>font used for "english breakfast tea"
fuckin' hell man, get rid of it. Ugly as fuck.

>using glows in print
just... why?
>>
File: WoodRuff Tea co (wip5!!).jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuff Tea co (wip5!!).jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>280008
Any better?
>>
>>280011
This looks so ridiculously crowded, where is your negative space ? Do you need to throw this texture everywhere ? Why is everything in italic ? What's with those ugly typefaces ? Do you think Victorian England designers had opacity sliders ?

Have you built your first mockup yet ? Answer when you do and add a picture.
>>
File: WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW).jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW).jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>280034
Thanks for the input.

Tried to sort out the crowding.
Spaced out the texture a bit.
Had italic lock on, oops. sorted now.
New font maybe?
Probably not.

think this looks any better?
I'm going to work on it a bit more then ill mock it up.
>>
>>280097
this looks better for sure.
more things:
your texture edges don't match anymore
You still have way too much useless text AND you're missing legally-binding info like the ingredients and nutritional values.
Don't wait before making a mockup. You (and I) have absolutely zero idea what your project looks like right now.
>>
File: WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW).jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW).jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>280098
Thanks for all the help man, really appreciate it.

The texture edges now match,
do you think they look okay or do they need tweaked a bit?

Took out back section and added some nutritional facts aswell.

Anything else i can do to improve it?

True, I'm going to mock it up now.
>>
>>280098
Quick mocked up shot.

I'm starting to think it looks a bit like a milk carton or something, think i should flatten the top?
Also its seems a bit plain with all the white, might experiment with some colour.
>>
Set the little illustrations in the same tone as the background texture (that washed-out gray brown). Right now, the crisp black and white looks pasted-on against the more earthy background tones.
>>
File: WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW2).jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW2).jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>280125
Like this?
>>
>>280132
Bingo. Looks slick.
>>
>>280133
It's deffo getting there like haha

Anything else you would change to make it better?
Always looking to improve it.
>>
>>280134
If you want to jump the shark with the whole classic English vibe, you might consider beginning the back panel paragraph with a versal.
>>
>>280136
Oh, and grammatically, I'm not sure if you can end "Why not try more of our great selection" with a period. That's kind of nitpicking at this point, but it jumped out at me.
>>
File: WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW2).jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuffTeaCo(NEW2).jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>280136
>>280137

Good shout, thanks for the advice.

Im looking for a better font but i changed the "T" & "K" in the titles on the side panels, think they look okay?
>>
Smashing BUT there seems to be some resolution inconsistencies.The barcode looks strangely pixelish and the element below "Keep a look out" looks noisy too.

Also, I'm not a native speaker but I think it should be "lookout" not "look out"

But hey good job!
>>
>>280176

Tried to sort out the resolution problems.
Changed the lookout/look out
also added a background colour at 20% opacity.

Think it looks finished?
>>
>>280176
>>280213
>>
>>280214
Not bad, not bad at all. Personally I would make the elements a bit smaller still, most importantly the crown and the tea pots.

I'm not sure if it would improve if you would add one color to it somehow, maybe a bright-ish green or red. Could add some spice to it, but if it doesn't work out don't do it.
>>
>>280214
Looks warm and quirky, but not without class. I'd pull this one out of the oven, OP. It's easy to over-revise a design into unrecognizable oblivion, call it good at this point and let it be.
>>
>>280227
>>280229
Thanks for the advice.
I made the elements a bit smaller.

I'm just going to leave it as it is for now,
I still have to make another box for green tea so i need to get started on that.

I'll upload it when i get a rough draft sorted.

Thanks again.
>>
Rough draft on my Green Tea Box.
any critique on this would be great.
>>
DUDE, YOUR MOCK-UP
>>
>>280259

>>280116
This? (old design)

I'm currently mocking up my other 2 with the new designs.
>>
File: BT&GT side by side.jpg (3MB, 2204x3092px) Image search: [Google]
BT&GT side by side.jpg
3MB, 2204x3092px
>>280259
Opinions?
>>
I don't like the logo's font. Looks like a graffiti and not a classy brand's name IMHO.
>>
I think that the background is too noisy, and that you're conflating too many things on to your design. Having said that, if it wasn't milk cartonesque, I might not say that.

Anyway, green tea with milk? What? Are you mad?
>>
>>280257

Can you put some "Asian-y" elements on the box? Is it a Chinese or Japanese green tea? Some people are fussy about things like that. Your box texts don't really say where the stuff is from; which is like selling a bottle of red wine with just the words "Red Wine" on it. The elephant is good for Indian teas like Assam.
>>
>>280295
I would appreciate this, as a customer.

The logo seems a bit out of context or something, I don't know. Maybe make it a little smaller.
>>
>>279983
Looks good did you make all those graphics of the teapots and face etc?
>>
>>280310
Yeah, It doesn't really link in with the rest of the design i suppose. Might try a font similar to the other fonts I've used on the box.
Got any font recommendations?

>>280316
It does look a bit like a carton of chocolate milk like, might ditch the top and keep it flat.
Good shout with the milk, i don't drink green tea.

>>280356
Think i should put like "Japanese Green Tea" or "Chinese Green Tea" on the front of the box?
like the "English Breakfast Tea" box.
Which is better do you think? Japanese or Chinese.
I'll change the "Uplifting tea" section and put some info about where it comes from.

>>280358
I'm going to try some different fonts but if i stick with it I'll probably make it smaller.

>>280372
Nah, just got them from Google Images.
I tried making similar designs in Illustrator but they looked nowhere near as good.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
>>
File: The WOODRUFF Tea Co.jpg (50KB, 581x659px) Image search: [Google]
The WOODRUFF Tea Co.jpg
50KB, 581x659px
Think this looks a bit better?
>>
>>280295
Personally, I wouldn't put lines where you fold the box, but it gives it a cel-shaded look, sort of like it came from borderlands.
>>
>>
File: WoodRuffTeaCoNEWLOGOGreentea.jpg (1MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
WoodRuffTeaCoNEWLOGOGreentea.jpg
1MB, 2000x1422px
>>
>>280398
>>280399
Not sure of the new logo like,
thoughts?
>>
>>280397
yeah, might turn the opacity down a bit or something.
>>
>>280400
This is my personal little quibble with fonts that are meant to be "handwritten"
>or otherwise in a style that would imply changes between each letter, like the Chiller font that comes with Windows
on marketing images: they don't change the style of repeated letters to make them more organic. Try reshaping an "o" and an "f".
>>
>>280400
>>280403
whoops, didn't see the change into normal fonts. I meant with the old logo.

Also that new one would make it clash even more with the typewriter fonts.
>>
File: WQoodruff.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
WQoodruff.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>280400

Woodruff is a pretty plant. Use in/with logo?
>>
File: wheres your grid.png (451KB, 612x918px) Image search: [Google]
wheres your grid.png
451KB, 612x918px
>>280398
Anon please.

By the way, I'm not a fan of the new logo, though that's subjective.
>>
>>279983
do you have an obsession with water color brushes?
the smaller font is working better, but still alot of shit going on. advertising 101 keep it simple.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (2MB, 2000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
2MB, 2000x1422px
>>280399
I quite like this design better but I'm being picky here.

Instead of the bicycle, maybe have a tea/teabags to compliment the "Chinese Green Tea"

Align the nutrition facts

Aling the barcode, kinda looks a bit off to me

And I dunno if this is finished, but you're missing a graphic on the top right
>>
The regular box's black and white palette makes it look quite bland in my opinion, especially compared to the new green tea one.

How about putting some colours in there?
The violet palette you used at the beginning looked good.
>>
>>280011
Lose the "why not..." sentence....swap it with "keep a look out for our"
>>
>>280011
The trumpets seem unnecessary/unrelated.
>>
>>280257
Do they have no website or contact info?
>>
>>280456
The wr with the tree on the bottom confuses me.
>>
>>280398
Not a fan of the new logo, pal
>>
File: vintage-cycling-guides-maps.jpg (193KB, 580x908px) Image search: [Google]
vintage-cycling-guides-maps.jpg
193KB, 580x908px
Been checking this thread from time to time but it has improved a lot from the first.

>>280398
So far works fine

>>280399
The paint splatter and bright green colour is too much and kinda looks like something for a rave.

I reckon you're going for some sort of baroque/victorian brit style or at least that's what i think would fit
>pic related
if so it has to be more ornate and measured, not simply adding splashes here and there to fill up negative space

Logo's a lot better than the beginning too but I think something like the peg attached would be better. If you still want to use the current, I'd drop the stroke. Just make it plain white for contrast against the bg since text stroke is normally seen as amateur and an shitty-easy way out
>>
>>280386
>>280400
Late reply, but some advice for you, friend: old timey designs you're trying to emulate would never use a sans-serif font. Historically, they were called "grotesque" because they were initially seen as ugly.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.