[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suck at after effects. what methods of practicing could you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_1909.png (28KB, 1146x816px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1909.png
28KB, 1146x816px
I suck at after effects.
what methods of practicing could you recommend? I know thats how you get better but I dont even know what to practice.
>>
if you have no experience with editing, i'd suggest using SVP for a bit before jumping into AE. AE is a pretty advanced program for beginners. or just look up a tutorial and practice some effects on stock footage and shit.
>>
>>279734
yeah I've actually been using SV for a year and moved over to after effects for more complicated things a few weeks ago
>>
>>279734
>AE
>editing
pick one

also, why would someone pick SVP over Pr or FC is beyond me.

>>279728
videocopilot tutorials are great for learning, that's how I started and it's what pays my rent now.
>>
File: Screenshot_21.png (29KB, 644x379px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_21.png
29KB, 644x379px
>>279835
I pick SVP over Premier because it's what I'm familiar with and learned first.

I've looked at a few videocopilot tuts and learned some things, so thanks!
lots of the time you cant learn much from youtube tutorials, but thats how I've been learning the basics and figure that I'll eventually become better at advanced stuff.
>>
After reading over my post a bit I realize that I asked my question in a shitty way.
What I really meant to ask is, what are some of the most common, or important things that you guys do in after effects that would be helpful to learn and practice?
>>
>>279835
SVP is pretty much AE and Pr together. they should've been together in the first place; fuck you adobe.
>>
File: bm134c.jpg (432KB, 1085x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bm134c.jpg
432KB, 1085x1600px
>>279845
That logic is flawed, it's like saying Corel is better because it's like Ai and Ps together.
Also, stating that you can do AE stuff with SVP is just ignorance.

>>279842
>what are some of the most common, or important things that you guys do in after effects that would be helpful to learn and practice?
It really depends on what you want to do in AE in the first place.
A good all around excercise is to go to videohive, pick a template you like and try to recreate it from scratch.
And something you'll need to get a firm grip of and that takes practice is to color correct properly.
Grab 2 videos that have nothing to do with each other and try to make them match so that they look as part of the same scene. Colorista is a good plug-in for this. Black magic's DaVinci is the pro tool for color grading.
>>
>>279852
alright thanks!
I've been messing around with color correcting, but mostly just simple hue/saturation stuff.
And you're talking about the red giant colorista right?
>>
>>279861
>you're talking about the red giant colorista right?
indeed
>>
>>279728
Just watch a shit ton of tutorials. Learn about key framing first. Start at the very bottom, get used to the interface, settings etc. Follow a few YouTube tutorials on different effects.
>>
>>279728
Check out Mt. Mograph. That guys is fucking awesome. His voice is bad, but he taught me soamy tricks and tips. And most of all timing. Get the timing right. Focus on timing, check out his tuts and concentrate on how he times his stuff
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.