[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about glitchart, bros?https://instagram.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (330KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330KB, 1152x2048px
What do you think about glitchart, bros?https://instagram.com/p/BJI6cRijhE1/
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>279712
It's cool and you can get pretty creative with how to produce it.

My question is, has anything worthwhile been made using these methods? I've seen music videos made from circuit bended video mixers but that's about it.
>>
File: ZZ07552.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ07552.gif
2MB, 350x350px
>>279712
have to admit a mild addiction to exploring creating glitchart. Have seen a lot of interesting stuff on Instagram. What programs or apps are you using OP? Generate....Glitche....Glitchwizard?
>>
File: ZZ07557.gif (3MB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ07557.gif
3MB, 410x410px
>>279945
>worthwhile??
according to who?
>>
File: IMG_3341.jpg (61KB, 463x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3341.jpg
61KB, 463x461px
>>
File: well shit.jpg (93KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
well shit.jpg
93KB, 500x656px
Hey, i'm from the /p/ board. I would like to introduce myself to glitch art, but i cannot find a good free software to do some on my photos

I found one here : http://pixeldrifter.tumblr.com/ but it's hella limited (10$ to get the full edition, just go fuck yourself), and I couldn't find the cracked version.
>>
>>280754
(oh and here it's more like pixel drifting)
>>
>>280754
just google "glitch tutorials" there's tons of ways of making glitch images without paying for anything. the most common one is with databending either with audacity (free software) or regular text/hex editors but there's also some other ways of making glitch "art".
visit:
danieltemkin.com/Tutorials
>>
>>280757
>danieltemkin.com/Tutorials
Thanks, i'll try !
>>
>>280758
oh well, 70% of the links are a 404 redirection
>>
>>279945
Vsauce mentioned some unintentional glitch art being put on display, I think it was in the one about deletion
>>
>>280754
Audacity and HxD or Notepad++ with the hex edit plugin.
Don't be lazy and use some stupid "glitching" program, make it yourself.
>>
>>280763
I'm trying right now with notepadd++ and hex editor, but it seems really random. Isn't it somehow controllable ?
>>
>>280754
http://paulhertz.net/factory/2012/08/glitchsort2/

t h a n k m e l a t e r
>>
>>280764
First, make sure to skip the headers (they look like XML code). Otherwise you'll break your image.

The further down the garbled text you go, the higher up the image it should edit. If that isn't how it's working, your image is probably interleaved and you should convert it to BMP or another raw data type and reopen it.
Really, you should just look up a tutorial online.
>>
File: qFca3V.gif (2MB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
qFca3V.gif
2MB, 700x1000px
Own work, just showing off.
Might post some more.
>>
File: JPG2000 1.jpg (2MB, 1190x945px) Image search: [Google]
JPG2000 1.jpg
2MB, 1190x945px
>>280785
>>
>>280765
Thanks!

>>280776
yeah i knew for the first code text, and for the bmp file. I didn't tried with a raw file (.NEF for example), ,i'll try.

>The further down the garbled text you go, the higher up the image it should edit

Didn't know that ! thanks !
>>
>>280787
lol some images are corrupt, screenshot then
>>
>>280789
as you can see, different formats create different glitches
>>
>>280788
Also try audacity for it. File>Open>Raw data (or something along those lines), choose the image, open. Different audio effects will cause similar edits in the image. i.e. wahwah will cause waves (and inadvertently make that section black in white, not sure why), invert will invert colors, flip will flip the section vertically.
Again, you should really look up a tutorial
>>
>>280819
Black and white* gottdam
>>
Anybody have any good processing tutorials they want to share? Looking mainly for tearing and bitmap sorting
>>
Good, but not really interested in stuff posted here so far.

I'm a fan of jonCates' work.
>>
There's a lot of good examples on instagram
instagram.com/ctrlaltenter
>>
>>279712
i love it but have no idea where to start doing it myself
>>
File: xALICE GLASS 1.png (3MB, 2280x1013px) Image search: [Google]
xALICE GLASS 1.png
3MB, 2280x1013px
>>279712
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.