[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you go about designing a corporate identity that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: letterhead-1-530x398.jpg (36KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
letterhead-1-530x398.jpg
36KB, 530x398px
how do you go about designing a corporate identity that doesn't look like complete shit?

aside just stealing elements from the logo to use on everything else, I don't see how people get inspiration to design these. how would you go about designing these? And if you're never faced with designing letterheads or envelopes or business cards, how would you go about designing them if you were?
>>
>>279448

and also lets assume you already have an established logo that isn't garbage.
>>
>>279448
read pic related + practice on fake or client branding+ drawing + reading/studying gd books.
>>
>>279463

yeah, I understand that. thats what ive been doing.

I meant like asking GD personally how would they approach it. as in how do they approach a project like this.
>>
>>279464
it depends of way too many things for example the budget, how much time are they giving you, what products do they sell, does they have a good logo already and only want to some changes, what's new message, what logos do they like, target market, etc. you usually make a half dozen designs and present them to whoever is in charge and go from there.

dl this
justcreative.com/web/logo.pdf
>>
>>279470
pretty sure that's not what op's asking at all. We're talking about branding applications, not creation.

OP corporate branding is always kinda boring.
At best the company has developed an adaptative logo, and you just adapt it to each format like in pic related (v good branding project btw).

At worst their logo is completely fixed, and then you can only play with scale and alignment. Cropping the logo, rotating it, turning it into a pattern,... Did you maybe do that 1st year design school assignment where you iterate designs using only black squares ? That's a similar principle here.
>>
File: 34000a9b3568145726ed8b47a979723a.jpg (309KB, 564x5851px) Image search: [Google]
34000a9b3568145726ed8b47a979723a.jpg
309KB, 564x5851px
>>279472
sometimes your best bet is to dismiss the logo altogether and focus on the brand's typography and color.
>>
File: a4b43960f4b6231a8d0f5ec2ef44bc3d.jpg (212KB, 564x3283px) Image search: [Google]
a4b43960f4b6231a8d0f5ec2ef44bc3d.jpg
212KB, 564x3283px
>>279473
and here is an example that uses the cropping and pattern I mentioned.
>>
>>279474
this one's a tad more advanced: the logo is there but only as a secondary element, it's the LAYOUT and the MOOD that pull the branding together
>>
>>279448
>I don't see how people get inspiration to design these. how would you go about designing these?
That's what learning and practicing design is.

That's like me asking "how do carpenters build such bitching shit? I know how to use a hammer and nail and saw, but they do some cool ass shit using only planks of wood.

Can you tell me how to do it?"
>>
>>279490
don't be a dick, this is one of the least shit threads on this board right now
>>
>>279490
>>279491

OP here, thats okay I didn't take it as him being a dick. he isn't wrong, it is pretty much a vague common sense answer question when you think about it. the insight I got from this thread all has still helped though, you guys kind of reassured me what I already believed. I'm struggling with putting designs together of this style but it was making me second guessing if my approach was even right but some of the suggestions made in this thread are methods I wanted to try or have tried so it seems like I'm on the right path, I just need more practice in execution.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.