[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /gd/ i'm pretty new to graphic design and web development.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

hi /gd/ i'm pretty new to graphic design and web development.

i made this section on a clients site and she freaked out on me telling me that i should "never use white and yellow together like that"

am i wrong for thinking this is an ok design?
>>
>>279237
The button could be a bit higher contrast, but not bad overall.
>>
The yellow kind of hurts your eyes, don't you think? It also makes it extremely difficult to read the white text.

If this was for print, it would probably look good. It could even go with a more aggressive yellow in that case. But looking at this on a screen just gives me a headache.

I advise you to change it to a more orange color, like salmon, if you want to keep this look. You could also try to add shadow or some kind of border to the white text to make it actually legible.
>>
>>279238
Events on the second line should be on the first
Can you move Make to the next line?
Change the box to white and the text inside to green.
>>
>>279239

see it's only like that on certain displays.

obviously it's not gonna be able to go out like this because the different monitors are gonna give me too many UX variables leading to a number of bad experiences.

I was mostly concerned that my idea of bold white typeface on this yellow was workable (in certain situations obviously)

thank you all for the input!
>>
>>279237
white black and yellow look well together but just not like that see http://beeple-crap.com/everydays.php
>>
>>279273
>white black and X always look well together
>>
>>279237
The text looks nice, but I agree with >>279239
that a salmon color would look much nicer.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.