[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to copy this font

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: example.png (110KB, 1046x691px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
110KB, 1046x691px
The upper font is the one i am trying to copy.
The lower one is my attempt.
I don't get it why the upper font has these colors, how can i make it to be the same as the lower one ? Any help is appreciated.
>>
File: Subpixel_demonstration_(Quartz).png (88KB, 666x474px) Image search: [Google]
Subpixel_demonstration_(Quartz).png
88KB, 666x474px
It's called subpixel rendering.
It's a bitch to do in Photoshop, but unless my memory fails me, there's a Photoshop action for that. It will break editability though.
>>
>>279225
You can get a similar effect with Illustrator
Set your text, Put on Pixel Preview, and mess with the Character palette (Show Options > Antialiasing Method)
Rendering it out with Save For Web should get you something similar. I might fiddle with some gradient maps in Ps to tint in the colours
>>
>>279227
Can anyone explain to me why this is done? A lot of browsers seem to do it too.
>>
File: wasdasd.png (29KB, 594x171px) Image search: [Google]
wasdasd.png
29KB, 594x171px
>>279251
Makes text look smoother and easier on the eyes.

On top of the variance between browsers, I believe there's also a difference in how it's handled on Mac vs Windows.

Photoshop actually has a setting for text AA, you might be able to find the option you need in there.
>>
>>279270
Here's the same menu on a Mac, for reference.
>>
im gonna be polite so i dont get banned. i want to learn ruby on rails. i downloaded it and did a few courses online but that was a joke. where can i find some real info on coding?
>>
>>279241
This is 100% wrong and essentially a non-answer

>>279251
See >>279270 but unfortunately subpixel AA isn't on the list.
>>
>>279270
>On top of the variance between browsers, I believe there's also a difference in how it's handled on Mac vs Windows.
Adding to this, it varies between monitors too. There are also patent issues so linuxfags are in a tough situation.
>>
>>279225
i think it's called hinting
hopefully google can help you

>protip: use robofont for type design
>>
the to has chromatic aberration in it. there should be a setting in Photoshop to change the range of the aberration
>>
>>279225
That sub-pixel AA, a lot of operating systems do it to make text "easier on the eyes" and to "look better". Personally I think it looks fucking shit and try my hardest to disable it on everything I own.

Why are you trying to do it?

>>279241
>>279322
>>279439
No. This is not hinting or chromatic aberration.
>>
Upscale it, trace it, run your traced image thru fontsquirrel. Good luck.
>>
>>279439
>It has blue and red on either side, must be kromattik abuhration!!!

Okay, no...chromatic aberration is a visual effect in real life that has to do with the way light is reflected or some advanced shit like that, saying text on a screen has chromatic aberration is like saying that banana you just ate was 3 gigabytes. It makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>279225
Fonts look significantly different on modern windows, mac, and linux's xserv. And then from there, they are differently rendered from photoshop to word or illustrator. Photoshop and linux tend to have extra "fuzziness" like a CRT. Mac and illustrator is the most crisp I've ever seen, and windows word gives the subpixel colors of blue and orange which hurts my eyes a bit.
>>
>>279532
>I accidentally 3 gigabytes of banana. What do?

Also you could technically eat a "3gb banana" if you got a very high resolution photo of a banana, printed it, and ate the paper.
>>
>>279484
>Why are you trying to do it?
But he's not, OP is asking how to make the upper text look like the lower, not vice versa.
>>
>>280450
Reread the OP.
>The upper font is the one i am trying to copy.
>The lower one is my attempt.
>>
>>280455
>I don't get it why the upper font has these colors,
>how can i make it to be the same as the lower one ?

Why is this so hard to comprehend?
>>
>>279225
Use MS Paint.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.