[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone here gotten their art/product into one of these things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: wps-vending-machine.jpg (85KB, 550x815px) Image search: [Google]
wps-vending-machine.jpg
85KB, 550x815px
has anyone here gotten their art/product into one of these things?
>>
no, but follow your dreams I'd say
>>
>>278332

I ask not because I'm interested in getting product into them (I've worked in vending), but if anyone else here has. All of it feels very late 90s/early 00s and I'm curious to know if they're just reusing designs or if they ever bother to make new content.

That is if they sell at all, the few machines I've worked with would only get MAYBE 2-3 sales a week. Assuming a 100 pcs machine load, it'd take at least 2 years to go through it.
>>
the fuck is this thing
>>
>>278335
I haven't had any of my art in one of those but there is a whole scene dedicated to producing work for them. Mostly stickers. I mean, the whole thing has a sort of nostalgic vibe to it and I'm sure you're aware of how much money products utilizing nostalgia bring in. I'm speaking generally of course because I don't think those machines bring in a lot of money for artists and designers on their own. But yea they do make new content for them. The guy who created pepe the frog (matt furie) has made art for those machines.

This is sort of a tangent but a woman named tina roth eisenberg started a company making temporary tattoos for adults and has made a killing doing it. The company is called tattly or something lame like that. I don't think she sells them in vending machines though, hence the tangent.

http://stinckers.tumblr.com/
Here's a blog from company that links up with indy comic artists to produce stickers for those vending machines. The owners have managed to make a living doing just this and the artists they commission seem to be happy making work for them.
>>
I could see a modernized version of this working, but with limited edition high quality stickers featuring original and good work, perhaps from (local) famous artists that promote their work on channels such as instagram. People put a shitload of stickers on their macbooks, and care a lot about status and exclusiveness.
>>
>>278363
honestly I can see one of these machines full of Tumblr-tier shit like this doing well in a vintage store or [spoiler]urban outfitters[/spoiler] tbqh
>>
File: IMG_1793.png (47KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1793.png
47KB, 375x360px
>>278409
Forgot pic durr
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.