[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy an apple computer for graphic design? Looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20160728-WA0011.jpg (313KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160728-WA0011.jpg
313KB, 900x1600px
Should I buy an apple computer for graphic design? Looking at the specs they don't seem good but people keep telling me that Apple computers at build different therefore are faster
Should I do it boys?
>>
>>278232
>Apple computers at build different therefore are faster
this is stupid.
Apple is glorified by those who don't know better (daring to be "different"). It's low-tier hardware with a pretty interface (which is nothing but a copywrited linux distribution).
So the answer is no OP. It's not that apple is bad and macfags are wrong, but you can get better specs for the same money if you get a non-trendy brand. THAT will make your computer faster, better specs.
>Don't fall for the design=mac meme
>>
>>278234
Not OP but this is pretty kuch what I was thinking too. I kept hearing that Macs were superior for design work but their specs were so sub-par for the pricetag that I never bought into it.

But one reason why I think this myth is still being spread is because some (if not most) design schools still use the Mac OS to teach, which makes it harder to apply the techniques learnt in class to your Windows based OS because of interface differences.

My sister caved and bought a Mac specifically for schoolwork because of these factors and now she has no clue what to do with it because they can't gaym.
>>
>>278232
think about it this way if you'll have two people in front of you one has a mac and the other a pc, which one will you hire?
mac's had an status symbol pc's can't replicate plus apple fags tend to procastinate less.
>>
Macs aren't any better than pcs, it's just an industry standard. If you're gonna work with other designers for money they'll ask you to use a Mac or gtfo, the end.

Also, you should all spend less time thinking about computers and more time thinking about graphic design.
>>
Yes, macs are better but just in the software side. Just like coding in xcode is so much better than any IDE, it's just the software you can't find on Linux/Windows.
>>
>>278232
I bought a Mac when I started college for graphic design and it was a very good decision. It's the industry standard and gets the best software support for GD-related programs and some exclusives (Sketch, Principle). Every agency I have been to used Macs and only had one or two Windows machines and they were used for testing. Like it or not, it's just the way the industry is and you're hindering yourself if you go with Windows.
>>
>>278232
Macs are a meme.

They're also a joke.
>>
>>278261
The Windows guy. Easily. IT doesn't want to support Apple hardware or software, and I don't want an employee who thinks he's a special flower.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
"I have to have an Apple. I'm creative."

"You're a barista. You bariste for a living."
>>
Welp Op here, I guess I'll get a pc, Thanks for the help friends.
>>
>>278355
Top kek. Asking /g/ if you should buy a mac is like asking /pol/ if you should marry an African.

Macs cost more this is a given. The interfaces/UI/UX is designed a million times better than anything else though. Window's design consistently is embarrassing.

No one needs a mac for graphic design, but most designers find them easier to use and paying what is equivalent to half a days work in extra cost is a very easy decision to make for some. Just get whatever you find easiest to use and forget about it and don't trust neets to tell you how to spend money because everything is expensive to them.
>>
Hijacking the Thread!

Parental asked me about "designing computers" . I think he's planning to give one as a gift but doesn't know if there are other options apart from Mac. Do you know of any other computers for this or what are the requirements?

Help me out, I don't want to disappoint my father, yet again.
>>
>>278232
If you want to run the mac os, build a hackentosh.

Apple computers are fine for what they were intended to do.
Which is take them out of the box and plug them in.
They are also preferred in prepress environments because they dont differ that much from one another. So it becomes easier to debug problems when shit wont print out.

And they do run for a long time. I am still using an imac from 2008.

But dont buy in to the cult of mac.
And this is coming from a long time mac user.
>>
are you gonna be using the piece of shit that is windows 10? then you either go linux, or mac if you want less hassle.
nerds are mad that apple has this "stylish" bullshit but if you know your shit you know that this is linux > mac > windows
>>
I suggest you try both Mac OS and Windows 10 before you buy and decide for yourself.
If you buy a PC and a Mac with the same specs they'll be the same performance-wise.

Most graphic design studios require that you use Mac OS, so take that in consideration.
>>
>>278232
>Should I buy an apple computer for graphic design? Looking at the specs they don't seem good but people keep telling me that Apple computers at build different therefore are faster
>Should I do it boys?

It depends.

If you're going to be doing graphics for online use, there's absolutely no need for a Mac.

If you're going to be doing graphics for print, a Mac makes it a bit easier.

The reason so may designfags suck Apple's cock is this:
Back in the day Apple was the first computer system to make it simple to do desktop publishing. This is pre-internet, the Dark Ages. So if you wanted to do graphics, you HAD to use a Mac.

Apple gave schools big breaks so they'd buy the hardware, so generations of designers grew up learning on Macs, sucking that Apple cock.

But nowadays the Holy Trinity (Illustrator, Photoshop/QuarkXpress or InDesign) are available for PC.

PDFs mean you can sent your shit to print from a PC.

I can't really speak for video editing though, so if that's where you're aiming for I'm not the anon to ask.
>>
>>278232
>Should I buy an apple computer for graphic design?
No unless you have a fuckton of money to buy fonts and other resources. If not, you're gonna pirate a lot of shit like pretty much everyone.
>>
>>278561
>>278565
>windows 10
windows 8.1 + classic shell is where is at senpai

>linux
>gd
pick one

>>278576
>I can't really speak for video editing though, so if that's where you're aiming for I'm not the anon to ask.
I can.
-Final Cut is Mac only (it's pretty much the same as Premiere but looks better on a resume).
-Mac has better monitor calibration tools
-AfterEffects runs better on PC
-It doesn't really matter which way you go (both have pros and cons) as long as you get a fucking good proccessor and a shitload of ram.
-Laptops are a no-no
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.