[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about this thread design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1281x3726px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1281x3726px
What do you think about this thread design?
>>
get someone to write your copy for you.
>>
>>277911
Awful logo, makes the name illegible, i had to look at the top bar to get what the name was and even then it was hard because of how low the contrast is between the letters and the white background.

"welcome to the future" is so uncommunicative of what you do.

The pile of iDevices just tells me you're business has something to do with apple devices but not that you do web design. The gloss prevents the viewer from seeing your work and all i can focus on is the apple products.

Treating your client's work as an "experiment" doesn't inspire confidence because experiments can and will go wrong. A better way to put it is "i like to bring fresh ideas"

Why is this called a 'Thread' where is this being posted?

Overall most of your projects are generic and tasteless.
>>
>>277911
Long time Director of Marketing here:

Your copy is pretty bad...actually, terrible.

When writing copy, write out what you want to say, then re-read it and take out all the words you can so the sentence still makes sense.

Less is always more (just like in GD)

Honestly, in the three cells under "Why is it worth choosing my services" (which you can omit completely, as well) all you need is

>Attractive prices
(which i would change to "Flexible Pricing")
>High Quality Work
>Fast & flexible service

You don't need the secondary bullet-points
>>
>>277911
I love that stupid little quote "limitations live only in our minds"

holy good god all mighty. It's even written so small under such important information that most people skim over it and never read it. Quotes need to be relevant and LOUD.
>>
ok you guys seem very strict and critical with judging graphic designs so would any of you mind posting your portfolio so I can see what good GFX truly is please and thank you
>>
>>277921
why? do you disagree with the critiques? does a criticism require validation in order for you to listen to it?
>>
>>277925
never said that I wasn't going to deny the criticism, I'm not fishing for the compliments only. I said that since these people believe that these graphics aren't up to par I want to see the critics' work to get an idea of what better quality GFX is. if you had any basic common sense you'd be able to understand the original post but instead you're jumping to retarded assumptions.
>>
>>277921
>>277926
Please stop using "GFX".
>>
>>277928
what's wrong with using GFX as an acronym for graphics?
>>
>>277929
nothing. but it makes you look like an 15 yr old youtube faggot. not him btw.
>>
>>277929
It's stupid, leet speak or unnecessary acronyms are immature/lazy/unrelated to the field. I know this is 4chan and this isn't a professional setting but i get the feeling from looking at your copy that you use these terms with your clients.
>>
>>277930
so using "GFX" as an acronym for graphics makes you look like a "15 yr old youtube faggot"? your autism leaves me speechless.

anyway are any of the critics going to post their portfolios or not I've been waiting to see some quality graphics for a while now
>>
>>277931
>>277931
it's just an acronym for fuck sake, doesn't make any sense to think of it as "leet speak" or coming off as unnecessary or unprofessional and I don't have enough hands to face palm myself hard enough for that retarded ass idea. you might as well say that all acronyms are "immature/lazy/unrelated" because this makes absolutely zero sense lmfao

still waiting for the portfolios as well so please post them so I can get a taste of what better graphics are please and thank you
>>
Is it a common thing among the "GFX" community to claim that high quality is guaranteed?
It sounds ridiculous to me, but I work in science.
>>
>>277935
yes it is common around the area this is advertised on to say that your GFX is high quality and I don't see why that sounds ridiculous
>>
>>277935
No it's not, OP is a bad writer and sales man, the work should speak for itself.
>>
>>277938
once again you keep saying that my work is bad and in order for me to improve I would like to see your portfolio for inspiration but it seems like you're too cowardly to post it for some reason
>>
>>277939
Since when was personal improvement dependant on other people's portfolio? You came here for feedback/critique but instead your head is elsewhere.
>>
>>277941
uh I don't know, since ancient times maybe? I advise you to go on google and look up what the word "inspiration" means. if somebody criticizes me they are pointing out the flaws in what I'm doing. that should mean that the work they perform is better than mine, therefore I'd like to look up to my "superiors" and learn off of them.

refusing to post your portfolio after heavily criticizing me just shows me that you're an unhelpful coward.
>>
>>277946

Nobody is posting anything. You want us to get your approval so we can tell you how to not suck cock at your shitty hobby?

The entitlement on this pre-pubescent faglord is astounding. Take the critique or ignore it, we give fuck all what you do with it.
>>
>>277954
>faglord

I can tell you're excited to go back to middle school. the end of summer is just around the corner, hope you're looking forward to finally graduating into 7th grade. now I see what you mean about being "professional".

are you too much of a mentally warped sack of shit to define this type of edgy mass retardation "criticism"? are you triggered because I simply asked to see your portfolio? do me a favor and pull that blood soaked tampon out of your vagina you whiny little queer, don't need to flame me like an arrogant edgelord because you're too much of a cowardly dog to post your portfolio.

I don't need your approval and you don't need mine, I'm asking you to post your portfolio so I can gain a better taste in gfx. take your head out of your ass and stop being such a presumptious faggot.
>>
You remind me of when I was 14 and first started using Photoshop. I used the term "GFX" back then and posted my advertisements on gaming websites too. Sorry to break it to you but while the people you do work for now may love it, people in the real world (employers, professional designers) will not. Now that you know the software you should branch out into other areas of design rather than fiddling with blend modes and brushes off deviantart. I doubt you'll give what I'm saying much thought, I know I wouldn't have a few years ago, but if you really want to take design seriously as a profession you need to know that real business do not want to see your forum signatures and "thread designs" and they will laugh at you for using "GFX" seriously. Some of the people in this thread are being pretty harsh in their delivery but what they are saying is true.

As for an actual critique of the "thread design" – it's fine. Anyone looking at it on the platforms you are using doesn't have the eye to tell otherwise. Type is legible and it looks pretty which is basically all you need. Not really sure what some of the pictures you're using in the background have to do with it aside from aesthetics but like I said, your target audience of HF users probably won't care. You have a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes however.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mpsmlmTnIC1qz4rgp.png (49KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mpsmlmTnIC1qz4rgp.png
49KB, 444x287px
>GFX
First time I see this acronym wtf. Why not gd ? That's even the name of the board dude. Is there a single person over 13 who says "GFX" ?
>>
>>277979
thanks for this detailed feedback. I still don't see why it's such a bad thing to use a simple acronym such as "GFX" though and I see no reason why nobody will take me seriously if I use it. GFX is simply just a shortened version of graphic designs/graphic effects. I looked this up on google and it doesn't seem to really be a thing as to why it's so bad to use it. what's wrong with it?
>>
Thread designs are not graphics
>>
>>278002
It is unprofessional, and almost exclusively associated with amateur designers who do work like you do on the platforms that you do. I understand why you'd be confused as design has a few different acronyms within it (UI/UX for example) but that's just the way it is. You won't find a single professional using the term.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.