[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UI/UX/Product Design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

After recently graduating from my graphic design program and interning at an agency with 3/6 employees being well-versed in it, I've been wondering how one can transition into a UI/UX/Product Design position.

I live in Toronto and Dribbble and AngelList almost exclusively have job offers posted for the positions of "Product Designer", "Interaction Designer", and "UX Designer" (pic related)

This seems to be the most lucrative field for a young designer at the moment and I can only imagine as technology progress the more demand there will be. The problem is, my program gave us one course involving UX, and 2 projects involving UI (mobile app mockup and an interactive magazine).

So how does one get started in moving into this field? I'm currently starting a 10hr course of Lynda but that's not going to cut it when applying for a job. Plus even after some online learning I don't know how to go about developing a portfolio to take to an interview.
>>
Anyone?
>>
> how one can transition

/r9k/
>>
>>277492
Learn to program. That's the easiest way I can imagine.

Tell them that you're comfortable working with html/css/python and java and they'll put you on the short list immediately.

Companies really want people to be flexible, they'll want you not just to design things, but to work on implementing them as well.

Beyond that, make sure your portfolio is up to snuff, and get on building some simple iOS or Python apps that look pretty, they dont have to do anything, but they need to showcase some minimal functionality while looking good.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.