[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to put a kind of yearbook together in two days. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1462586696467.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1462586696467.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
I need to put a kind of yearbook together in two days.
I have never done something like this, so please give me some essential things i need to know.
>>
>>276734
Tip #1 Don't leave an editorial project to the last minute.
>>
>>276759
The project was given to me this morning.
>>
>>276782
You should have said no.
>>
>>276794
This. Or charged an astronomical rush-fee. Tell your project manager to get his shit together.
>>
>>276734
>I need to put a kind of yearbook together in two days.
>I have never done something like this, so please give me some essential things i need to know.

1) You're fucked.
2) See N.1.

Even if you knew what you were doing and used InDesign to automate text and picture placement, somebody would still have to proofread the text once you've laid it out.

If there's colour involved then you have to deal with separations, ensuring CMYK conversions and correct trapping settings. If it's black/grayscale then it's easier but you still have to ensure your pictures are the right resolution for output.

The more pages there are, the higher the risk of something going wrong.

And that's if you have an inkling of what the fuck you're doing.

In short, you're thoroughly, royally, and utterly, fucked. Best of luck!
>>
>>276810
Thank you.
>>
File: 1450475452365.png (3KB, 111x83px) Image search: [Google]
1450475452365.png
3KB, 111x83px
>>276734
>yearbook
>couple hundred pages
>two days
>>
>>276810
/thread
>>
You're gonna need 3 things:
1. InDesign
2. Photos that are of decent resolution
3. Grid tool

Open InDesgin, specify page size, spread layout. Make A master and B master, you'll need them. Use Auto page numbering for both templates in the upper or lower corners and then GTF to work.

Use grid tool to create graphic and text containers all over the fucking page.

Open mini-bridge, grab all your fuckin pictures and drag them in, place them using the gun.

Now make sure you named these fuckers and have the info palette open so you can see what type of files they are and all that fun fucking shit along with the names of the people.

On your other monitor, have open the list of captions, which you will make a character and paragraph style SPECIFICALLY for. Apply these to all captions inserted.

After that, its a simple matter of cut and paste and you could probably burn through about 50 pages in 6-8 hours with due proofing.

Get that thing hammered out as QUICKLY as possible and send it in for revisions to your client.

Once approved, have your printer on deck waiting for your file; send it to them immediately the second you get press approval and you've pre-flighted everything.

Oh and some important things to remember:
1. System fonts are your friends, you don't wanna get sued by Linotype for some font that you illegally downloaded .
2. Keep spell-check loaded and keep photoshop or lightroom idling in the background, chances are you will need either one at least once.
>>
File: Image 001.jpg (72KB, 828x280px) Image search: [Google]
Image 001.jpg
72KB, 828x280px
>>278380
Kinda late to the party aren't we?

>I need to put a kind of yearbook together in two days.
>>
File: lol-no-speed-racer.gif (752KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
lol-no-speed-racer.gif
752KB, 300x225px
>>278380
Ppfff.

Data merge master race.
>>
>>278384
This summarizes /gd/ pretty much
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.