[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some feedback on my flyer design for my dojo. Mainly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: flyer.png (1MB, 2141x3028px) Image search: [Google]
flyer.png
1MB, 2141x3028px
Looking for some feedback on my flyer design for my dojo.

Mainly interested to know if it is eye-catching, if the information is clear and interesting, and if the overall aesthetic is pleasing.

Thanks in advance.

Don't visit the link. I haven't set up the website/blog yet.
>>
>>276633
selectively stroking things is a great way for jail
>>
>>276634

I don't understand what this means?
>>
>>276635
middle ninja
>>
>>276635
overall it looks great compared to other dojo graphics.
>>
>>276634
>>276636

Explain?

I still don't know what you are referring too?

>>276637

Thanks. Any improvements you would recommend?
>>
>>276638
the middle ninja has a white line around
>>
>>276640

Oh, I got you.

It's not a selective stroke. All three figures have a white stroke.

I needed a way to make the middle figure stand out, otherwise it would look like a jumble of black.
>>
>>276641
look at the black on grey ... no stroke there
>>
>>276633
>Looking for some feedback on my flyer design for my dojo.
Before you start designing anything, think about your audience.
Who are your present/potential customers?
What do they want by taking your courses?
What are the most often asked questions you get from customers?

You're creating a commercial design, its purpose is to get you customers. If it doesn't do that, then it fails.

That poster doesn't tell me how much the courses cost, how long they last, if students will earn a recognized degree, what qualifications the teacher(s) have. And these are very basic questions.
>>
>>276644
It's not even a white stroke, look at the outline of the ninja, it changes between the grey and white as it moves along.
>>
File: header.png (250KB, 960x180px) Image search: [Google]
header.png
250KB, 960x180px
>>276721

I finished the blog yesterday and plan to use it as the website.

It can be viewed at http://ninkokuodojo.blogspot.com.au/ (critique also welcome)

I plan on using the flyer as a link to my blog which has all the relevant information. My plan is people will see the flyer, access the blog, and get all the information from there.

I have tried putting information on the flyer in the past (like you mentioned; price, recognition, teacher qualifications etc.), but found that it wasn't as effective as the blog. I often find that people will look at the flyer, send a query by email, and then attend a class.

I plan to add price, gradings, videos and some other information to the blog tonight.

Thanks for your advice.

>>276725

I thought I was being clever. Maybe it was too subtle; then again, that fits with the Ninja theme.
>>
>>276792
You're adding a second layer of engagement before they get to any kind of call to action. Do you know what the conversion rates are from print to web? Abysmal.

I'll put it this way: The odds of somebody checking out a flyer are bad. The odds of somebody checking out a website they saw on a flyer are almost non-existent. If 1,000 people saw this flyer, one might visit the website. And that's not a guarantee that they even sign up.

If it's in print, the information NEEDS to be there. You point-blank will not see web traffic from a greyscale flyer posted up at the mall. You want web traffic? Read up on SEO, advertise on Facebook (it's cheap as shit for localized marketing), and get good and comfortable with Google Analytics.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.