[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy Photoshop or just torrent it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: MTI4OTkyOTcwODgzMjQyNDYy.jpg (55KB, 620x828px) Image search: [Google]
MTI4OTkyOTcwODgzMjQyNDYy.jpg
55KB, 620x828px
Should I buy Photoshop or just torrent it?
>>
>>273357
Do you have money?
Are you going to use any of it for a release product?
Do you want all the best features money has to offer?

If the answer to any of these questions was yes, then get CC.
>>
>>273357
You going to use it for work? Yes
You going to use it to just fuck around with with on personal non-paid projects? Then probably not unless you want to.
>>
>>273370
Why does it matter you were to do it for paid jobs? Surely it's the same software and stuff.
>>
>>273404
lawsuits
>>
>>273357
Just pirate the shit
>>
>>273357
Pirating it is a pain in the ass as with any other AAA-software, although considering the sky-high price I'd say the hassle is worth it.
>>
>>273404
>>273433
These. Seriously scary shit when you get that letter asking you for proof of purchase.

Happened with a friends studio 5+ years ago. When they couldn't find the paper work they were threatened with a $250,000 lawsuit (for a $5,000 licenced product).
>>
>>273454
Oh shit
>>
>>273454
Are you in US? Ive worked with multiple firms who have pirated CC and they never have been asked for proof of purchase
>>
>>273489
Yeah, and I haven't been to the hospital for years because of an emergency but I still have insurance.

Also, if the firm you work for can't afford legit software it's time to find a new firm.
>>
>>273454
how would they know you are working with CC? i mean, theoretically you could be working with GIMP and Inkscape, so why would they ask for proof of purchase?
>>
>>273357
>Should I buy Photoshop or just torrent it?

You can't BUY it any longer, you can essentially RENT it month to month. Which SUCKS.
>>
>>273501
this
>>
You can literally look up on how to download Photoshop for free on YouTube. There are many helpful videos on there that show you on how to do it. Just search " How to download photoshop c5" and the first video should be your first choice. Mediafire.com is the safest place you can download it from. That's how I got mine for free.
>>
Would it be better to use Mango Studio and Corel Paint Shop pro?
>>
>>273564
wrong
>>
>>273362
>paying for a monthly subscription to use the same tools that have existed in 10+ years of previous versions

>>273528
you can still buy CS6 from adobe
http://shop.adobe.com/store/adbehme/en_IE/pd/ThemeID.29250800/productID.249257000

>>273501
Adobe puts data in every image that is saved in their software, if they came across an image you created they would be able to tell if you used their software.
>>
>>274098
I have to admit i like the cloud asset management and the global color swatches. Also, the iOS prodictivity apps by Adobe are okay, not great, but okay. They only work with CC though.
>>
>>274098
Then OP could do all the real work in Adobe software, open it with GIMP or Inkscape and then save it out that way. Adobe shills gonna shill.
>>
>>273357
Should I Photoshop torrent or just buy it?
>>
>>274098
>Adobe puts data in every image that is saved in their software, if they came across an image you created they would be able to tell if you used their software.
Get fucked Man. You can (and should) purge all JPEG/PNG/GIF metadata and de-bloat your PDFs. There is zero evidence on any file that they're made in Photoshop or Illustrator or whatever and I'm willing to prove myself right.
>>
>>274264
>purge all JPEG/PNG/GIF metadata
That doesn't remove steganography.
>>
>>274268
There is no steganography unless you mean Digimarc but that's optional and has nothing to do with Adobe.
>>
>>274264
>student detected
have fun doing that to the hundreds/thousands of images you will work with in the real world on a day to day basis.
>>
>>273454
>>274098
this kinda confuses me though. maybe i don't know enough about metadata, but if the only way they know is by a file telling them PS was used on an image, couldn't you just say you sent it out to a friend to work on, or you downloaded it partially finished online? i mean how can they prove YOU were actually the one who used it
>>
Eh I don't care. Torrent it. Out here in The Netherlands you don't have to worry about lawsuits and shit.
>>
>>274382
That's probably more of a thing for a legal case, but that does sound like reasonable doubt, you could probably avoid being sued.
>>
>>274395
yeah i mean if you had a friend who has a legit copy, or you could even use this board as a reference lol.

what are they supposed to do in court if you just testify "I went on an anonymous imageboard and asked someone to help me finish this in illustrator, then downloaded it from them and finished in paint"

like there's nothing they can really do unless they searched your PC and found the torrented files lol
>>
File: profadobe.jpg (257KB, 1054x713px) Image search: [Google]
profadobe.jpg
257KB, 1054x713px
.jpg image created by phoroshop cc
>>
photoshop*
>>
>>274375
That's exactly what our company does, as should every other webdev workflow.
>>274268
there is no steganography
>>
Does anyone just have a link to download Photoshop, or at least a reference?
>>
File: fight me bro.jpg (111KB, 468x681px) Image search: [Google]
fight me bro.jpg
111KB, 468x681px
>>273357
Torrent it

>>273446
>>273564
>>274910
Take a look at these guys who've never heard of ChingLiu

>>273906
No

>>274098
Are you talking about metadata?
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>273357
Don't reward Adobe for their faggotry.
>>
>>274507
Hey, can you post the photo here? I think I can remove that.
>>
All these poorfags who can't afford literally 10 bucks a month.
>>
>>273357
there is an "portal" version and DDL lionks you can use because the Portal version is only 300mb big
>>
>>274972
surprised 4chan doesn't auto-remove them already

(Outside /p/,) all EXIF data is purged these days because normies couldn't handle it

Curiously, besides the usual metadata, sensitive PDF information is also left intact on boards that allow it (/gd/, /po/) so if you post a typical straight-outta-Illustrator-CC PDF, your real name is still in the file.
>>
>>274972
i deleted the photo. Just creat a file with photoshop and save as .jpg . If you open the file with paint for example and re-save it, the info is still on the.jpg . Also i have the photshop license, not the pirated versions.
>>
>>273357
Give me ur email, I'll send ps to u
>>
>>273357

nobody gives a fuck
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.