[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you apply the golden ration to a design to make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 564546468487989.png (538KB, 1200x861px) Image search: [Google]
564546468487989.png
538KB, 1200x861px
So how do you apply the golden ration to a design to make it look more harmonic?
Seems easier to spot than to actually apply it yourself.
>>
>>272017
my personal approach is to 'apply' it afterwards, when the design is basically done and the AU ratio and fibonacci's spiral help in positioning key elements in relation to each other.

more importantly, i believe that most logos and illustration *do not* need to strictly adhere to the AU ratio.

if you are banging your head against the wall trying to push your birthing idea into 1.618 fractals of itself, simply clear your mind of it. Period.

After you are satisfied with the core of your design, use the spiral to apply adjustments, but again don't fixate on it...

http://www.goldennumber.net/golden-ratio-myth/

hope it helps,
-VT
>>
>>272020
Definitely, thanks
>>
>>272029
no problems man, best of luck on your work and feel free to post it here so other anons and I can give your feedback (and roast you as well!)
>>
>>272017
Like the guy above said, keep it somewhat in mind while sketching and vectoring, but if you get to the point where you're moving things around and it looks off, just forget it. It's more of an easter egg than something every logo needs
>>
>>272017
>Still using golden ration
Nigga you just went full renaissance.
Do you realize those images are made with people who keep saying "hurr durr is evrywere guys let me show u" and start to apply those overthinked graphics. Seriosly you are in fucking 2016.
>>
>>272017
Looks like someone just rotated the stencil and slapped it so it sorta fits.
It's a hoax, and bullshit.
>>
I dunno how the golden ratio works, but i tried designing a font using the golden ratio as a base measurement, like the height of each character is 1.6.. of the width. of course, i didnt go all the way using the golden ratio, like i positioned the crossbars in the middle of the negative space of the character, rather than ~1/3 or ~2/3. i dunno how human interpretation of aesthetics work, i just wanted to see what came out of it.
>>
File: font.png (21KB, 441x832px) Image search: [Google]
font.png
21KB, 441x832px
>>272225
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.